Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rancor vs. Luke Skywalker Diorama - Preorder 9/10

A smaller Rancor Dio would be fine with me
So do we order through Freaks site to give Dave credit or through SSC?
Is that even a option?

Ordering through Freaks is ordering through Sideshow. Only difference is, when you order through a link on an affiliate site, there's code that goes to the Sideshow site when you place your order saying what site you landed there from and it builds credit for that site, basically you establish yourself as helping Sideshow to sell product. If 50% of Sideshow orders come from a single site, they'll support that site because it brings them business.

So no images before the release? Hoping we'd see something tonight.

A smaller Rancor Dio would be fine with me
So do we order through Freaks site to give Dave credit or through SSC?
Is that even a option?

Board links make for better parties at Con, do it! :chug :duff :drink

So what time of day does this begin?

depends where you live.. 9:00pm PST.

So if we don't get the whole rancor, do you think we'll get the scene with his head sticking through the opening just before the door comes crashing down on him?

So if we don't get the whole rancor, do you think we'll get the scene with his head sticking through the opening just before the door comes crashing down on him?

From the banner it kind of looks like he's holding Luke in his hand... so having him 1/2 in a cave doorway wouldn't work (at least if they are going for accuracy). So I'm not sure how this will go down.

But, I really hope its kickass... as I want an excuse to buy him :rock

Well so far, all the dios have been interpretive, I mean not entirely, but they haven't depicted any specific screen shot, just a general, accurrate capture of the feel of the scene.

Well so far, all the dios have been interpretive, I mean not entirely, but they haven't depicted any specific screen shot, just a general, accurrate capture of the feel of the scene.

Which one other than the Luke/Wampa hasn't been of a specific scene - possibly the "Look Sir, Droids?"

Which one other than the Luke/Wampa hasn't been of a specific scene - possibly the "Look Sir, Droids?"

Dooku vs. Yoda, Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, Duel of the Fates, Vader vs. Obi-Wan, they're based off scenes but they're not sculpted exactly like a specific screen shot from them, they're just based off, which means even the Rancor dio may take some liberties, capture the spirit and a certain moment from the scene but present it in a more creative manner.

From the banner it kind of looks like he's holding Luke in his hand... so having him 1/2 in a cave doorway wouldn't work (at least if they are going for accuracy). So I'm not sure how this will go down.

Or he could be holding a gamorrean guard and Luke is standing in front of him. :naughty

I like the way you think Waller :duff

Like this, but multiplied by a million!

rancor-front.jpg

Man, that toy kicked so much ass. I remember getting him for Christmas and just being ecstatic. That was my #1 wanted toy from ROTJ when I was a kid :rock :rock

Man, that toy kicked so much ass. I remember getting him for Christmas and just being ecstatic. That was my #1 wanted toy from ROTJ when I was a kid :rock :rock

Mine are all still at my parents house. Needless to say, I can't wait to see them again when I move back to Houston. :banana

Everything in that image was my most wanted after Jabba, I never got all 3 until I was a teenager though, but having watned them for a decade, I was still ecstatic.

I now have all 3 Kenner/Hasbro ROTJ Rancors, plus the Micro Machines one and that semi-super-sized Micro Machines style one, forget the exact toy line.

I've pretty much given up the Sideshow 12-inch line, but I'm seriously thinking about finishing out the vintage Kenner toy line since I never got everything from ESB and ROTJ.

The only thing vintage I want and still don't have is Han in Carbonite.

I've pretty much given up the Sideshow 12-inch line, but I'm seriously thinking about finishing out the vintage Kenner toy line since I never got everything from ESB and ROTJ.

I have all the single figures (complete, VF-NM condition) except for about 10 of them... sadly the 10 I need are mostly from the POTF series :monkey2

I've stayed away from vehicles and playsets... but would like to add a complete Jabba set to the mix.

Back