Rainman Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire) Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The difference is that it wasn't offered to the greater community. Had it been i gaurontee it would have sold better than Jules which is still sitting there.

Rainman lost money on it and some guy overplayed for no reason.

That's F'in ridiculous............ 5 Grand :lol:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

How stupid do you have be to spend that on a figure ? :dunno:rotfl

Rainman must be laughing his arse off

$5k is a lot but I wouldnt say its stupid, everyone's limit is different so stop hating. I could also say spending $200 on HT Bane is dumb because personally I wouldn't buy one at $100, but I don't say that because that's uncalled for.

Resized your sig , save this one or use the links / codes

wr8.gif

https://imageshack.us/a/img21/3752/wr8.gif

I don't get why RM can't take private commissions. He can drop off the face of the earth and stop issuing any releases bur keep private commissions and he wouldnt owe anyone anything (after he finishes Jules since ppl paid already).

Whether he coukd make more or less money is irrelevant because at the end of the day its his personal life. Remember guys, even this figure would sell well, he's not obligated to sell it. Elvis could be making big bucks too if he wanted for example but we don't hate on him for not making tons of customs for money.

2 or 3 me being one of them. Got a fair bit of support for him as well nvm I should have taken it directly to RM or had someone with a bit more authority with Rainman do it. Too late now :(

Why too late??? why not a v2.0 with different clothes, etc....
And beleive me he didnt loose ANYYTHING. He made 5k one a single fig. without having to worry about painting, making clothes, accessorizes, for 39 more figs

I definitely see the potential for a greater profit in it. The likeness is fantastic, and the detail is spectacular. I've never owned a Rainman piece, so I'm not too informed about all of the goings on, but he seems like he's been having his fair share of ups and downs, as far as recpetion goes, as of late. This one would've been one for the books.

HAHAHAHA...this thread still makes me laugh...and it also got me to click on that link Turbo posted....lets just say i'm about to buy the entire seasons on blue ray and take a gander at it...maybe i'll join in on being pissed off that he made it into a one off commission....or maybe...just maybe...we can gather the bandwagon and bring the project to another talented artist and give him/them the money we may have paid for this figure...no need to be sour pusses about it...like i have said in other threads before....RM business accumen is not one i would say benefits him alot of the time....but he doesn't care because just like this guy that bought this one commission....there will always be someone to pay the high price...its a regular business cycle all around the world...no need to try to change it anymore....cause if that was the case...i would start on just the regular prices he charges for any of his customs....i remember they used to be 300-500 for full sets....just saying...people adjusted to that scenerio....either get use to it or help change it...:lecture

My goodness. I love the show, but owning any characters from it never even crossed my mind. It's just something that I never really thought much about. I still don't think I'd be very interested in anything, but, from a "look and don't touch" standpoint. This thing is spectacular. The detail that he put into the scarred side of the face is haunting.

Nice figure. I bought both season 1 and 2 as I don't have HBO. Can't wait for season 3. Would love to see a Nucky Thompson figure.

I know RM has a deserved following, but i would hit up Velvet Morning. IMO Scotts figs are at the same level as RM, and he would put out an incredible Harrow.

Yea Scott does incredible work! He uses the same tailor as RM so the standard of his clothing is identical

there you guys go....if scott wants to tackle this...that maybe 30+ thousand in his pocket....not bad at all if you ask me...great that they use the same tailor too...actually freaking incredible...:)

At least I was told he uses the same tailor the standard of his work it certainly looks like he does. My only concern would be the mask an glasses. Rainman is the master when it comes to accessories would be hard to match whats on offer here for anyone. Robbiethepainter I personally think is the only one on par if not even a tiny bit better than Rainman with his accessories but his schedule is currently well and truly full.

Gorgeous figure. Well done for making it happen :clap

I can't wait to see more!

At least I was told he uses the same tailor the standard of his work it certainly looks like he does. My only concern would be the mask an glasses. Rainman is the master when it comes to accessories would be hard to match whats on offer here for anyone. Robbiethepainter I personally think is the only one on par if not even a tiny bit better than Rainman with his accessories but his schedule is currently well and truly full.

That is absolutely one of the most intriguing figures I've seen. I've not seen the show but seeing the figure actually makes me want to! That's amazing with the mask. I agree that Robbie does some of the absolute best accessories ever. That PF briefcase was off the charts.:exactly:

What is it with the number of people who haven't seen the show?

Handy hint: you should check it out.

Back