Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8171d571ff3c9414260ab6f80cd2a551.jpg

BEST PIC ON THIS FORUM ..BOOOOM!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally got my DX set today, and I echo everyone else's comments--a really amazing set. Beautifully done, all the way across the board. Jack is no frills. And the head is a bit large, and you can see a hint of the foam padding at the top of his chest no matter how I futz the clothing, but still. . .a gorgeous figure. The definitive Jack Torrance in 1/6 scale. The star of my set is Danny though. There's nothing else like him in my collection, and he's just a home run.

:clap:clap
Outstanding. and with the signed twins pic - what a set up. wow.

I finally got my DX set today, and I echo everyone else's comments--a really amazing set. Beautifully done, all the way across the board. Jack is no frills. And the head is a bit large, and you can see a hint of the foam padding at the top of his chest no matter how I futz the clothing, but still. . .a gorgeous figure. The definitive Jack Torrance in 1/6 scale. The star of my set is Danny though. There's nothing else like him in my collection, and he's just a home run.

Wholeheartedly agree with this. Danny shines. The kind of artwork that you can always find wonderment in. He has a perfect expression resembling his curiosity and relationship with room 237. Really outstanding.

For GP / Twin owners... I really enjoy the twins. imo They are also on the level of Danny as it is head to toe custom made which sets them so far apart from other things in this hobby. I do although, have a critique. The hair roots are too red - but under regulated light it actually looks quite good. The main issue I have is the eyes. Signature Rainman paint applications usually have an excellent bottom eyeline with eyelashes. The twins have none. No defining hair lines or darker feature underneath to separate the eyes from cheeks. I think due to this they suffer a bit - as even Danny has eyelashes and paint underneath. Jacks looks great too. I just wish the twins had it.

LOVE this set. Highlight of my collection.

Last edited:
DSC_0227_zps9b6e6tm2.jpg

#1!

DSC_0234_zpssx7xelhe.jpg

DSC_0241_zpsh3ixdc8u.jpg

a0e693ce-7ac9-413f-90dd-04df7e6f25e3_zpsjcnw2l5x.jpg

DSC_0256_zpsysyw9b67.jpg

DSC_0257_zps4mgn3fkh.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsa3lswftp.jpg

Did anyone else have a beat up carpet stand? Mine is worn around the edges of the carpet, and the black border is also a bit beat up. . .

Outstanding pictures. :clap Congrats on #1 !!!
And yes I think most carpets have the rub around the edges and some marks on the wood. Not terribly noticeable once all set up, although definitely a bit of a bummer.

question:

what color are Jack's eyes on your figures?
I am seeing Brown, Green, and in between.
Wondering if it is just the picture or if some are brown and some are green.

I posted pics but totally forgot to say another HUGE thank you to Rainman!! Winning 2nd place in his contest got me a fullset Jack, and its an absolutely beautiful piece that I will treasure, even more so knowing that it came from the generosity of the man! I love my twins too, love everyones shots of Danny and the trike, a real cool companion piece. Personally, Im more than happy with my combo, but im so stoked for all you dudes who got the whole set.

Honestly - seeing all the pics I think even if someone had just Danny and trike (that in itself will be the perfect representation of shining) I know each character he made is outstanding - but Danny and trike are like just epic! Somewhere deep down Rainman knew that he can't have Danny and trike listed independently! Just too good!

One more video of my Dull Boy Head & Clothing set and a couple pics. I touched up Aeon's already amazing paint work to better suit my personal taste and bring it closer to what Rainman did with his paint work. Though I regret missing out on all the great DX extras, I'm just glad to own another Rainman piece while still watching my budget. In the video I get distracted and fudge the Room 237 by saying Room 327..! D-oh! :slap

DSC_0764.jpg
DSC_0747.jpg
DSC_0758.jpg

yo guys my dull boy figure has been held at customs. and is waiting a payment . should the delivery cost not cover the charges or do i need to pay this ?

cheers
aaron :)

yo guys my dull boy figure has been held at customs. and is waiting a payment . should the delivery cost not cover the charges or do i need to pay this ?

cheers
aaron :)

No. If customs decide to apply a charge then you will need to pay it in order for them to release it to you. How much did they hit you for?

That sucks. It was £30 bro. Don't know where they get the prices for. Cheers for the reply buddy

Yeah, I always begrudge giving them anything. Lucky they didn't realise the true value of what they had in their hands though. I think the standard charge is supposed to be around 20% of the total value (including shipping costs) and then the cheeky bar stewards also whack a handling charge on there as well.

It's the one bad thing about importing figures from outside the EU, because you can never tell whether your package is going to get pulled or if they'll just let it slip through without charge.

I've been seeing a lot of inconsistencies in Jacks paint...from skin tone to eye color. I still have a hard time believing that Lee alone painted ALL those heads. There's probably 4-5 painters we know nothing about. I can tell from my set personally that there were a lot made. Just my thoughts

Back