Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wow...just noticed both Pulp HS are sold out :horror

For a release most had problems with sculpt and likeness...is sure not reflecting in the sales department :lol

Oh wow...just noticed both Pulp HS are sold out :horror

For a release most had problems with sculpt and likeness...is sure not reflecting in the sales department :lol

I might have picked up the last Jules. Grabbed it this morning. Gonna have some experimentin' done on it. Still have an unpainted Vincent HS standing by (was originally going to Ski but I dragged my feet on sending it out so in the hunt for another painter). Plan is to end up with both looks for the characters.

I get that there's a "realization" aspect. But wasn't this always the point? Why are we surprised? Lol
[ame]https://youtu.be/v7BkdARYNAE[/ame]

Maybe the sandals issue being resolved? I'm actually leaning toward selling my extra painted heads and dork clothes instead of trying to bash them. I just don't see myself keeping dedicated room on the shelf for them, but. . .they do look really cool.

I get that there's a "realization" aspect. But wasn't this always the point? Why are we surprised? Lol

They weren't initially popular because Vince is a pretty hard build; Jules was impossible.

Getting this EB body with the set is the biggest freak miracle that could have happened for Jules' D.C. Anyone who was on the hunt prior to receiving this set knows that there are no suitable ready-to-go bodies that represent Jules' height and slim build. There aren't even enough different options out there to Frankenstein something passable; and if there were, they'd all be from different companies so you'd need to have Robbie or Seb-like expertise to make that happen convincingly.

The whole situation with Jules went from being impossible to being as easy as can be. All you have to do is find the body of your liking to go in the suit (tons of options; AA, Caucasian or whatever) and use the EB body for the D.C. You can always go the extra mile and have it painted but this is an extremely suitable body as is.

Also these MIB bodies are super rare on the market. If it wasn't for RM pulling strings, I don't see 30 of us scoring these easily at all. A real blessing in disguise.

Vince is still a hard, pricey build but we got a gift with Jules so that's half of the battle won easily.

If you're someone who'd be satisfied with throwing Jules' gear on an AA KO or something, and would handle Vince similarly, then you wouldn't have had any issues from the start, and will still get off inexpensively.

I'm hoping someone can create replacement legs for Jules' EB body. Really the chest/torso/waist are great form fitting to the dork clothing. I just don't like the knees seams and cheap plastic appearance of the legs. If these could be replaced with EB casted legs but refined with knees and ready to paint that would be a dream. They don't even need articulation. Sculpted with a slight bend on the left leg and straight on the other, just able to stand. I just want that junkyard pose where he holds the briefcase.

I'm hoping someone can create replacement legs for Jules' EB body. Really the chest/torso/waist are great form fitting to the dork clothing. I just don't like the knees seams and cheap plastic appearance of the legs. If these could be replaced with EB casted legs but refined with knees and ready to paint that would be a dream. They don't even need articulation. Sculpted with a slight bend on the left leg and straight on the other, just able to stand. I just want that junkyard pose where he holds the briefcase.

Gah! :gah: Im actually wondering if I need to make a restuarant diner Diorama!
Pulp-Fiction-Diner.jpg

Hey there's a line here! :wave :lol

I prefer unpainted but I'll consider painted.

I mussed up on Vince but I thought better with Jules and bought an extra unpainted for him.

So I'm just looking for Vinny folks :wave

Haha I need the pair not just one :p cash ready to go ;)

They weren't initially popular because Vince is a pretty hard build; Jules was impossible.

Getting this EB body with the set is the biggest freak miracle that could have happened for Jules' D.C. Anyone who was on the hunt prior to receiving this set knows that there are no suitable ready-to-go bodies that represent Jules' height and slim build. There aren't even enough different options out there to Frankenstein something passable; and if there were, they'd all be from different companies so you'd need to have Robbie or Seb-like expertise to make that happen convincingly.

The whole situation with Jules went from being impossible to being as easy as can be. All you have to do is find the body of your liking to go in the suit (tons of options; AA, Caucasian or whatever) and use the EB body for the D.C. You can always go the extra mile and have it painted but this is an extremely suitable body as is.

Also these MIB bodies are super rare on the market. If it wasn't for RM pulling strings, I don't see 30 of us scoring these easily at all. A real blessing in disguise.

Vince is still a hard, pricey build but we got a gift with Jules so that's half of the battle won easily.

If you're someone who'd be satisfied with throwing Jules' gear on an AA KO or something, and would handle Vince similarly, then you wouldn't have had any issues from the start, and will still get off inexpensively.

From Rainman:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJXU7EVXs2A[/ame]

JK :lol

Ok. so I've decided I'm going to take on a Hawthorne Grill diorama. It's be more or less the same size as the bateman diorama. The centerpiece will be the booth where Jules and Vincent are seated. A stone wall behine Jules. The back wall will be a window with blinds with a bank of booth-style couches against the window for visual interest. Im also going to try to add the sloping roof.

Im definitely making one for me. Is there interest for anyone else? THe price will NOT be cheap. I'll be making these museum quality, billie jean will make the booths and tables.

ALso, Brett's apartment will get made too. I will likely make 2 of those. One to keep for me.

pulp-fiction-quotes-34.jpg

diner.jpg

Ok. so I've decided I'm going to take on a Hawthorne Grill diorama. It's be more or less the same size as the bateman diorama. The centerpiece will be the booth where Jules and Vincent are seated. A stone wall behine Jules. The back wall will be a window with blinds with a bank of booth-style couches against the window for visual interest. Im also going to try to add the sloping roof.

Im definitely making one for me. Is there interest for anyone else? THe price will NOT be cheap. I'll be making these museum quality, billie jean will make the booths and tables.

ALso, Brett's apartment will get made too. I will likely make 2 of those. One to keep for me.

pulp-fiction-quotes-34.jpg

diner.jpg

:clap:clap:yess:

Back