Rainman Artwork project 2013 "Pulp Fiction"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he got it right with Vince's jacket. He had it closed most of the time and it's Jules that should have it open. I like the way he paid attention to what side to put the buttons to simulate only the top one being closed.

I need this guy already!! :gah:

First Rainman Figure...and he did not disappoint! What the hell was I spending all my money on these years? :lol

This figure just jumps at you....I might be a little bias since this is my first figure from the man...all the vets here might have better comparisons, but this is just stunning! The HS is amazing and the tailoring is just top notch..,everything feels right! The HS looks great with body in hand...phone pics skew proportions a bit...apologies for that..was either this or a SLR

Gonna keep him in this "temp" pose till Jules arrives...but this pose stood out the most to me in the film...gun on his waist...always with his right hand near it :yess:

Congrats brother!! The first one is a great one :hi5:

Mine finally landed, so it should get delivered tomorrow. If not I might stick a *****.

ROBBIE! My man! I never knew you had it in ya! :hi5:

:lol

Oh trust me... I normally keep my inner monologue quiet instead of spilling it all over these boards. If I wrote what I'm thinking I would give some of the outspoken A holes on here a run for their money.

I think I've said too much...

Here's my H&C set with Aeon's painted head sculpt. I took some up close photos of the headsculpt... then realized awww man iPhone 5 camera sucks! It washes everything out and doesn't even show the shading and just makes the eyes look even brighter! I decided to take two photos at more of a distance since it seemed to be slightly more accurate in capturing Aeon's excellent paintjob... but still not nearly as amazing as in hand.

And yes... unfutzed and weird body posture! I was extremely scared to even take these photos and have already taken the head off as I still can't figure out how to secure the head to the body! :(

image_zps9a765cb9.jpg

image_zps57ff9be9.jpg

photo_zpsa1638166.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my H&C set with Aeon's painted head sculpt. I took some up close photos of the headsculpt... then realized awww man iPhone 5 camera sucks! It washes everything out and doesn't even show the shading and just makes the eyes look even brighter! I decided to take two photos at more of a distance since it seemed to be slightly more accurate in capturing Aeon's excellent paintjob... but still not nearly as amazing as in hand.

And yes... unfutzed and weird body posture! I was extremely scared to even take these photos and have already taken the head off as I still can't figure out how to secure the head to the body! :(

A huge tip I got from a professional Hollywood photographer on the best way to get pictures from an iPhone camera is to zoom in 1/4 to 1/3 of the way and of course step back from the subject to compensate the zooming in, instead of being up close on it. Shooting too close causes a deformity and roundness of the subject. It also makes heads appear a bit bigger than they are.

edit:

Aaron: The fastener thing on the jacket can be undone. It is stitched. Just do it carefully. The only issue about having the blazer unbuttoned is that you will have to transfer the top button that's on the outside and put it on the inside above the bottom button. I don't know if I'm explaining myself. You'll see what I mean when you get it.

emarae: I haven't undressed my Vince but I'm pretty sure it's one of the regular new true types. I can tell from the hand accessories it comes with.

Last edited:
Oh wow, thanks for that tip! I'll definitely remember to use it next time. Normally I'd just borrow a camera from a friend or family since they all have these ridiculously expensive cameras... then again I shouldn't be talking with 1/6 figures hahahaha.

Been searching through all the older Rainman threads, and it seems all the tutorial pics he showed are now missing. I'm still trying to figure out how he attached the head. I looked at my full set Doc Holliday, but his is attached onto a neck plug adapter! Hmm....

Here's a quick video I made. (Had to use my phone again) My first ever attempt at putting together one of these H&C sets together, and it still needs a ton of futzing after I secure the head somehow. I may delete the video within the next week or so, but it should give you guys an idea of scale in comparison to another Rainman figure already. I personally think the size of the head looks fine!!

Last edited:
"Royale with cheese. "

"Oh after you, Kitty Kat. "

"Ain't no ****in' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know,
touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same ****in' ballpark, it ain't the
same league, it ain't even the same ****in' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean ****. "

"You know, I'm getting kinda tired. I could use a foot massage myself. "

Congrats to all that copped. Vinnie's a gem! After getting home and futzing with him I am more than satisfied. I do notice that this figure just doesn't photograph that well for me. The head always looks big but in hand I think its really good. Travolta's got a pretty big noggin!

Love your pics Mystolle. They show the sculpt the best so far!:hi5:

Bring on Julie!!!

null_zpsfea34097.jpg
[/URL]

null_zps3042253e.png

Last edited:
"Royale with cheese. "

"Ain't no ****in' ballpark neither. Now look, maybe your method of massage differs from mine, but, you know,
touchin' his wife's feet, and stickin' your tongue in her Holiest of Holies, ain't the same ****in' ballpark, it ain't the
same league, it ain't even the same ****in' sport. Look, foot massages don't mean ****. "

Just great.

Been searching through all the older Rainman threads, and it seems all the tutorial pics he showed are now missing. I'm still trying to figure out how he attached the head. I looked at my full set Doc Holliday, but his is attached onto a neck plug adapter! Hmm....
Take a pic of the bottom of the sculpt and someone can probably assist you. Since the neck is sculpted on, I'm assuming you would just glue the very bottom of the sculpt to a neck adapter. That's how I did Anton and how I do other custom sculpts with necks. The trickier ones are those Rainman does with no neck.

Oh trust me... I normally keep my inner monologue quiet instead of spilling it all over these boards. If I wrote what I'm thinking I would give some of the outspoken A holes on here a run for their money.

I think I've said too much...

You're tip-toeing big man... you need to strut :lol

You've made a Queensonian proud :1-1:

That's what you need bro. There are plenty out there from all different HT figs but here's a link to a TTM16:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1...ion_Figures&hash=item20d1bd4506#ht_2045wt_679

"Royale with cheese. "

Fantastic pics bro!!!!!

I have to say that Vince isn't blowing me off my feet thru pics just yet (everyone's pics, not just yours), but he really shines next to Jules! Even if Vince didn't come out 1000% as a stand-alone piece, the duo will be epic!!!!! Those two side by side look amazing, just picture with a MAN-made Jules!

On my way to pick him up now and see how he looks in hand

Awesome pics everyone!! I live in Cali, and some of you Cali folks have alrwady receiced this right...hopefully mine is on its way...

I bought just the head , and after i bought a eb mib suit, you guys recomend i buy eb mib body , buy a ttm 16 with fat pad?
Or one more suggestion??
Thanks everybody!

Take a pic of the bottom of the sculpt and someone can probably assist you. Since the neck is sculpted on, I'm assuming you would just glue the very bottom of the sculpt to a neck adapter. That's how I did Anton and how I do other custom sculpts with necks. The trickier ones are those Rainman does with no neck.

You're tip-toeing big man... you need to strut :lol

You've made a Queensonian proud :1-1:

That's what you need bro. There are plenty out there from all different HT figs but here's a link to a TTM16:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-TOYS-1...ion_Figures&hash=item20d1bd4506#ht_2045wt_679

Thanks a million guys! Glue the bottom of the head sculpt onto the neck adapter? What sort of glue do you guys use? There's so many types of glue!

Just regular old super glue should do the trick, unless you plan on taking the sculpt off at some point. Same goes for the pegs in the shoes.

One word of advice though--check to make sure the adapter fits well on the body before doing any gluing. Some of those adapters look like they will work, but will be too tight or too loose.

Back