Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "Driver"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman Artwork 2013 NYC Cabbie "God's Lonely Man"

:duff

Hope rainman adds 'stubble' to the shaved hair parts too. Doesn't look like it has it there?

I would imagine he is saving that effort for the production run of sculpts. No doubt in my mind it will come with stubble all over. I can't wait for this. This release is definitely as exciting as Bill, Plainview, Alex and The Dude for me :panic:

photo.php

Hi
I always try for same face but i am not machine.
I want you know that.even machine can't make same.
human has limit. we have to agree about it.

look at the picture.
still not enough?

sculptors use internet photos always.We make by internet photos.
but it is not enough information always.
so we use "feel"
This is personal feeling.
all people has different feel.
nobody can say" i am right. you wrong"

already i made 2 time mold for fix.
still you want to fix somewhere.

i made glasses what you want even weak.
I made slide gun even weak.
but you guys want to fix for perfect.
what is perfect?
what is is point of perfect?
who has best eyes?who do i have to follow?

really hopefuly i dont want to stand up on issue.
just i want to be you guys sculptor friend.

pls i want you guys step back for our hobby.

you know i made slide gun that i don't wanted make it bcuz weak.
always iwant to hear you guys opinion.

even i didn't login,i can hear from my friends.

even i made perfect head, i have to cast and paint.
the 2 turn makes head smaller and near eyes.
If i make perfect face, it will be strange face.
I always think about it ( smaller. near)

there is many reason.
weather,resin condition,templature,
so you guys have to agree about it.

so i make eyes alittle far for cast turn.

That is my limit.
I can't touch that.
THat is "chemical activity"

must be somebody will say about "chemical activity".
My cast factory guys has been working for 10years over.
They are profecional.

I can say" they are best"

so pls.
do not fight eachother bcuz small thing.
If you don't want to buy it, just you can pass.
you don't have to fight bcuz this.

just i want to talk with you guys about sculpts and figure on happy mood.

really i don't want to make other fighting point by my this words.

:goodpost: Thanks for clearing the air forward and honest Lee. :)

BOOM

there you have it....RM will not BEG you to buy his expensive sets...:)...thank you so much Teddy/RM for making this an easy decision for me...and my wallet....:)

no changes!!...and thats cool....i'm sticking to just buying what i like...which i will...i hope others do have that same fortitude to do the same...what we think is minor is too much for him to do...and thats totally within his right to come to terms with us...as is me paying 300-600 items versus 1200-1500 items...

*kanye Shrug

makes perfect sense doesn't it?

no changes!!...and thats cool....i'm sticking to just buying what i like...which i will...i hope others do have that same fortitude to do the same...what we think is minor is too much for him to do...and thats totally within his right to come to terms with us...as is me paying 300-600 items versus 1200-1500 items...

*kanye Shrug

:rotfl (Exactly what I pictured when I read this line)

tumblr_inline_mjzhrsngPz1qz4rgp.gif

*kanye Shrug

But your still buying in to it despite the rants etc :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

It takes a lot of nerve to ask a sculptor to do-over somthing that he just made with his hands, especially when most of us do not have that skill.
I agree on a certain level. . .but why is this different for any other suggested change to a release? Not saying it's all bad, but I'm not sure why there is a line in the sand where all these changes are acceptable to lobby for, make loud complaints directly to the man about, etc. while those changes aren't. Any such suggestion implies that you don't have enough faith in his abilities to decide for himself what is best.

Ill admit that some of us including myself were asking for numb. . .The expression is just dull
If this isn't a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, then I don't know what is. You ask for numb, he gives you numb, then he's criticized because it is too "dull."

He asked me what you thought and so I told him the concerns. If I was that snide I could have said there were no problems but I didn't.

At the end of the day Rainman believes he has the sculpt where he wants it regardless of what you or I think.
I think some of the issues here, minor though they are, is that your "50/50" argument was inaccurate based on the posts here. I would say there were 5-10 guys who said they were perfectly happy as-is, while over 20 expressed some reservation. If it didn't matter, it didn't matter, but clearly a large majority of those posting expressed some reservations about the sculpt

Anyway, he has made his point and I hope he sticks to it. As I have said many times before, as others allude to in different ways, and as has been demonstrated once again with this release--Rainman's inconsistency in being gracious and allowing for changes based on customer demands, but then turning around and making a hardline stand against other changes, seems to be the source of a great deal of conflict on the boards. Some boardies act as if Rainman should capitulate to their various whims, and get loud and fussy when he doesn't, while others (a pretty small group IMO) feel the man should be left pretty much alone, and spend a lot of time criticizing those that feel otherwise, and there's not much room for compromise I guess. It's too bad, but ultimately, this is all due to Rainman's own inconsistency in this area. If he stuck more strictly to one approach or the other, and customers developed expectations to that effect, then I think he would see a great deal less of the drama and conflict that he hates regarding his releases. But as-is I don't think he should expect anything to change. This is the way his threads have gone for a long time now.

I agree on a certain level. . .but why is this different for any other suggested change to a release? Not saying it's all bad, but I'm not sure why there is a line in the sand where all these changes are acceptable to lobby for, make loud complaints directly to the man about, etc. while those changes aren't. Any such suggestion implies that you don't have enough faith in his abilities to decide for himself what is best.

If this isn't a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation, then I don't know what is. You ask for numb, he gives you numb, then he's criticized because it is too "dull."

I think some of the issues here, minor though they are, is that your "50/50" argument was inaccurate based on the posts here. I would say there were 5-10 guys who said they were perfectly happy as-is, while over 20 expressed some reservation. If it didn't matter, it didn't matter, but clearly a large majority of those posting expressed some reservations about the sculpt

Anyway, he has made his point and I hope he sticks to it. As I have said many times before, as others allude to in different ways, and as has been demonstrated once again with this release--Rainman's inconsistency in being gracious and allowing for changes based on customer demands, but then turning around and making a hardline stand against other changes, seems to be the source of a great deal of conflict on the boards. Some boardies act as if Rainman should capitulate to their various whims, and get loud and fussy when he doesn't, while others (a pretty small group IMO) feel the man should be left pretty much alone, and spend a lot of time criticizing those that feel otherwise, and there's not much room for compromise I guess. It's too bad, but ultimately, this is all due to Rainman's own inconsistency in this area. If he stuck more strictly to one approach or the other, and customers developed expectations to that effect, then I think he would see a great deal less of the drama and conflict that he hates regarding his releases. But as-is I don't think he should expect anything to change. This is the way his threads have gone for a long time now.

Yes it was irrelevant. I could have said nobody was happy with it and he was still sticking to his principals and beliefs.

I didn't go counting up likes vs dislikes I will freely admit. I made a call. I still told him people had issues when I could have kept that back. I have nothing to hide here. I still stand by Rainman and I still think a lot of you are shameful. You will gripe and moan about the man's work and his integrity but then you will buy it anyways. That is shameful behaviour in my opinion.

Great post Kara sometimes rainman pieces feel like group.commissions the way he takes input on them. He brought it on himself but it is tough spot with pleasing customers and it being his art

But your still buying in to it despite the rants etc :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

the clothing set...yes...i didn't say i wasn't...at all...i was prepared to buy the DX but its not to my liking...so guess what...i'm not buying...i did the same thing with the PF set...anything that RM had to do (sculptwise) i didn't get....saved me a whole lot of money that way...i'm batting 0-3 in RM releases this year....which is great...has allowed me to buy other customs...so i guess everyone wins...no??...:monkey3...:wave

*kanye Shrug

He did explain it already why the proto is the way it is (eyes bigger):

even i made perfect head, i have to cast and paint.
the 2 turn makes head smaller and near eyes.
If i make perfect face, it will be strange face.
I always think about it ( smaller. near)

there is many reason.
weather,resin condition,templature,
so you guys have to agree about it.

so i make eyes alittle far for cast turn.

Griping is not shameful dude. As potential buyers people can gripe. Being disrespectful isn't good though and perhaps some of us have been just that. Most of us arent like that though and are JUST as much as a RM fan as you are and that's why we will buy and love the figure as much as you do despite hoping for more fixes.

Stop with the I am the RM whisperer or I am the real RM fan high and mighty attitude.

the clothing set...yes...i didn't say i wasn't...at all...i was prepared to buy the DX but its not to my liking...so guess what...i'm not buying...i did the same thing with the PF set...anything that RM had to do (sculptwise) i didn't get....saved me a whole lot of money that way...i'm batting 0-3 in RM releases this year....which is great...has allowed me to buy other customs...so i guess everyone wins...no??...:monkey3...:wave

I mean this, good for you. That is what I would expect of somebody that has so many issues with it. I suspect you will be the only one though. The rest are see-through!

Denny Kim said something similar about problems with doing a more accurate Pitt likeness because of casting problems. Seems odd to me, but those guys surely know what they're talking about re: molding/casting.

I think Teddy indirectly brings up another important point--if folks really don't like what he's doing, but buy anyway, then what's the real message Rainman receives? I personally don't care if anyone runs the guy down then buys--that's their business--but if you want some kind of change, walking the walk is what he'll really pay attention to. If you're OK with something you consider to be subpar, then that's fine, but based on the way some post you could only assume they would not be buying, yet do so anyway. If that keeps happening, then Rainman's not going to change the way he does business--why on earth would he? I am OK with imperfection (though I have limits). I also sometimes like Rainman's style. But you definitely get the impression that others just would not accept anything less than "95%" or whatever. Yet. . .

I expect Bickle's sets will sell out without much problem, as usual. Jules really surprised me with how long it took, so I'm not as confident about this as I once was, but considering we don't have the unknown of a weird, large body, that we won't have a dearth of accessories, and that we aren't dealing with basic black suits, I don't see that happening here.

Often people don't realize the great amount of variables that happen when going from sculpt to final. That is one of the reasons HT is tops, because of the knowledge of the variables. Resin is bad enough but when you start dealing with PVC, its massive. Same thing with white metals. That's one of the good things about lost wax is the cast comes out really close to the original.

Griping is not shameful dude. As potential buyers people can gripe. Being disrespectful isn't good though and perhaps some of us have been just that. Most of us are JUST as much as a RM fan as you are and that's why we will buy and love the figure as much as you do despite hoping for more fixes.

Stop with the I am the RM whisperer or I am the real RM fan high and mighty attitude.

I have no issues about somebody saying something is off and this could be tweaked. There have been times where I have wanted minor tweaks if possible. It is the approach and attitude of some that I find shameful.

You don't need me to show you. Go back over the last 50 plus pages. You will see exactly what I mean.

To also hear Rainman say he didn't want to make the sling (basically rail-roaded) is very sad! Again he did that to please people and they still can't be happy. I am sticking to my guns, I have found yet again a number of members here to be entitleist! I want, I want!!!!

Hot Toys even said that recently in one of their interviews--that their experience with knowing how to put together high end releases really sets them apart. Considering the apparent factors that have to go into these decisions, it makes some of Rainman's real home runs like Bill all that more impressive.

i think the DXes won't sell well...everything else...will...but Kara definitely brings up the point i have been saying all year long...stop buying everything he puts out if you don't like it...cause in the end when you do....YOU are part of the equation/problem that seems to happen much too often in these RM threads...

I have no issues about somebody saying something is off and this could be tweaked. There have been times where I have wanted minor tweaks if possible. It is the approach and attitude of some that I find shameful.

You don't need me to show you. Go back over the last 50 plus pages. You will see exactly what I mean.

To also hear Rainman say he didn't want to make the sling (basically rail-roaded) is very sad! Again he did that to please people and they still can't be happy. I am sticking to my guns, I have found yet again a number of members here to be entitleist! I want, I want!!!!

Got it. I do agree, I've also tried to defend RM from the occasional trolls in the PF threads. I think now that RM has provided his 2 cents directly things should really settle down. Time to enjoy the figure guys...it will be great.

Back