R.I.P Spooktacular-pay respect

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Please come and pay respects to a great old friend that was taken from us way too soon....god bless Spooktacular

I lost touch with spooktacular about 3 years ago. It was starting to get really boring even then and dozens of tourist posters really made it annoying. But I am saddened to hear of it's imminent death.

I think its just too crowded.

I prefer low key events like the BOGOs they recently had for SW and now having for GI Joe.

Goodbye Spook. You were truly loved.

I remember when Spook was incredibly personal. We got to meet the higher-ups at Sideshow and ask them questions and talk about their awesome products. It really made them feel more like a family than a company. Those days are truly gone now.

Rest in peace Spook. We will miss you. :(

ep15p1.jpg

Why my spook, I loveded you....I loveded you!

Guess we weren't good enough for sideshow and they felt they'd be better off without us. Not the first time I've been dumped. :monkey3

I lost touch with spooktacular about 3 years ago. It was starting to get really boring even then and dozens of tourist posters really made it annoying. But I am saddened to hear of it's imminent death.

That about sums it up for me too.

Spook was fun back in the day when this place was fairly small, and there was a community feel to the event. Unfortunately, that vibe has been lost in the HT age.

Last year with the re-focus to social media advertising and the entitled tourists just looking to win something they can flip on ebay, it was really a shadow of its former self. Though the '11 kit was one of the best, just behind the '09 mug,catalog,hoodie. The 'Help Wanted' 2009 year was the last high water mark for Spooktacular imo. So sad to see it fizzle away into what they're promoting now. :(:rip:violin

It's funny, but I remember thinking, during the '09 Spook, that it seemed like Sideshow was letting it grow too big for its own good. The "Help Wanted" video was fun, but somehow it ended up feeling less "personal" than previous efforts.

And then, when Facebook was added as the primary vehicle in '10, I knew it was headed downhill.

I knew it was over when they stopped offering 1:6 zombies.

*seems like I said that somewhere once before....

Back