Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I REALLY hope you guys can keep the license and keep making Middle-Earth figures! InArt is putting out some great stuff, but they'll never go deep into the line like you guys have! And you guys have done some great work over the years! You deserve to keep it up!
Don’t be so sure. Inart will eventually be able to produce multiple figures at a time once they’re popularity sky rocket.

Inart gained more than 2000 followers in the last month on fb.
But that doesnt mean they will do orcs, mouth of sauron, haldir, elrond etc.
As I said, we’ll have to see. We have no idea their plans. But not bashing asmus, their final product compared to prototype is a huge difference

We are unfortunately taking a pause on the middle earth right now,
things should be back on rolling hopefully by the end of the year.

Excuse me of not be able to explain more specifically.
Worse case we will have to let Inart explore the Middle Earth in 1/6 for you guys from now on.
Oh no! :( Hope you don’t lose the licence, you’ve given us some great figures and made characters a lot of other companies probably wouldn’t have touched otherwise.

If it’s just going to be InArt doing them from now on then that’s me out of collecting LOTR 1/6 scale figures...InArt prices are a bit too rich for me as nice as they are.

Don’t be so sure. Inart will eventually be able to produce multiple figures at a time once they’re popularity sky rocket.
yes to this! their Gandalf is perfection. The 4 hobbits by InArt will be heaven for LOTR fans.

Worse case we will have to let Inart explore the Middle Earth in 1/6 for you guys from now on.
For me personally, it's ok.
InArt made amazing Gandalf, and I believe will do so on Aragorn and many other Middle Earth characters in 1/6.

Your work on other stuff is good, I actually bought your Kibitsu Momoko.
It's my first asmus figure after a long time, after so many disappointments.
And I have to say, Kibitsu is a very good figure.
So yes, for me you can let go of Middle Earth and make good figures from your creation.

Last edited:
This does not sound good.

I'm not ready to replace my Asmus figures with $500 versions from InArt. Aside from a figure here and there, this may mean a closing to my LOTR figure collecting.
The standard version of InArt Aragorn is $264.2 (still available for PO at Sugotoys).. so not all will be $500, IMHO.
Actually in this case, many of my friends finally got the chance to own a 1/6 Aragorn thanks to InArt, because the asmus one is way more expensive on eBay.

This does not sound good.

I'm not ready to replace my Asmus figures with $500 versions from InArt. Aside from a figure here and there, this may mean a closing to my LOTR figure collecting.
:exactly: For real. For the most part I've backtracked on HT as their figures continue to price increase. ASMUS' genius IMO is they knew how to deliver without substantial costs. Lots of bang for the buck, too, depending on the figure. Plus, over time, you can switch out components for genuine leather, additional weapons, accessories and so on. I'm slowly working on 'bashing an old Tauriel figure into a different female elf to go with Thranduil, because there were plenty of Mirkwood elves around and I thought it would be interesting to do.

~500$ a fig has me asking "what kind of collector are you?" - not the kind who can regularly afford 500$ figs!:horror

Geez does that mean no Thranduil in his berry crown?:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

This is sad news, there is room for both of you.

I really hope its just a break. Through the years they have provided not just main characters but the they showed some love to the likes of grishnakh and Guritz which I don't think any company will ever do.

I really hope its just a break. Through the years they have provided not just main characters but the they showed some love to the likes of grishnakh and Guritz which I don't think any company will ever do.

After messing around with my figures today some - mostly fiddling with bashing an old Tauriel fig - IMO it would be such a bummer if ASMUS bails on Middle Earth. The costumes are so well done - like stitched down hems, the paint washes, the diecast swords, the "engraved" leather vambraces.

Heck, I figured a Thranduil announcement would be incoming for the holidays. :monkey2

Mr Asmus, you seem to point to end of year as a timeframe for an eventual new release.
But you also seem to imply that for that to happen, a business decision must be made before.
When will this decision be made? Will you let us collectors know once it is made?
Thx.

I really hope that's not the case. Yes inart is doing some cool stuff, but they will never get beyond the core characters if even that. You still have a loyal group of fans that will love seeing the characters you are able to put out. Please don't abandon LOTR.

I know anime is all the rage right now. Between you, Threezero, and even Hot Toys some, everything is anime. I guess they are easy to produce. Cartoon headsculpts and plain clothes with no depth.

Keep going strong with LOTR Asmus!

Mr Asmus, you seem to point to end of year as a timeframe for an eventual new release.
But you also seem to imply that for that to happen, a business decision must be made before.
When will this decision be made? Will you let us collectors know once it is made?
Thx.
Any comments on this, Mr Asmus?
Thx

Back