Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stupid stupid auto correct. Need to start having my kids proofread my posts. Even my three-year-old would've caught that one.

besides whoever that is you are talking about,
other suggestions are actually pretty solid, and were all being discussed on the table.

Unfortunately, for the 4 hobbits, there is hardly any room of budget to make those accessories...
the thing is, the cost of making a hobbit is equal to a regular figure, but hobbits are smaller, so the price has to be lower too,
therefore we struggle to break even on the sells of hobbits.

besides whoever that is you are talking about,
other suggestions are actually pretty solid, and were all being discussed on the table.

Unfortunately, for the 4 hobbits, there is hardly any room of budget to make those accessories...
the thing is, the cost of making a hobbit is equal to a regular figure, but hobbits are smaller, so the price has to be lower too,
therefore we struggle to break even on the sells of hobbits.

You've been mentioning possible accessory packs for the hobbits with possibly new heads for Merry and Pippin since early in the year, Asmus. Is there any progress on the potential release of these types of expansions, or will those not be moving forward? I'd be happy to buy new versions of Merry & Pippin to get new clothes and heads if that's what it takes as well.

They'll do the new heads at the same time as sending out replacement Nazgul bodies

I got my replacement Nazgul body quite some time ago. Got my replacement Witch King body even longer ago.

Are you sure you sent them the correct picture/proof of purchase? They are very responsive via email so I would suggest following up if you are still waiting.

They may want to make good on the Gandalf the White head replacement though, and get themselves off of Captain Toy's top 10 disappointments (that fig. is No. 1 two years in a row).

I got my replacement Nazgul body quite some time ago. Got my replacement Witch King body even longer ago.

Are you sure you sent them the correct picture/proof of purchase? They are very responsive via email so I would suggest following up if you are still waiting.

They may want to make good on the Gandalf the White head replacement though, and get themselves off of Captain Toy's top 10 disappointments (that fig. is No. 1 two years in a row).

I've been waiting 8 months for mine, as well.
And yes, I sent pics of the signed COA as instructed.

Same here. Was talking with their support on fb. Had confirmation and was told couple months back they rejected bodies and would update. No response to any inquires since.

I received my updated Nazgul body (with two left feet) but still haven't received my updated Witchking body and I preordered that thing when he was first released! How long ago was that now...😡

I would love to see them add walking sticks to the Frido and Adam figures. It would be a real nice extra touch to the figures that Sideshow did not do. Another question would be if they have considered making an add on set of the pre-Lothlorien cloaks and the short swords and belts they had from Weathertop and Moria (from the Tom at the Barrows if you go by the books and Aragorn at Weathertop if you go by the movies).

Agreed. I've never understood why the Lorien cloaks were the choice for cloaks for these figures. To me, the point of these figures is to have an entire Fellowship, well by the time the cloaks are given Gandalf is gone and the fellowship is down to 8 and quickly on its way to dispersing. So to display the figures with the Lorien cloaks and Gandalf the Grey is just wrong IMHO. Really hope Asmus can figure a way to get these out, I'd have MUCH rather had them than the Lorien cloaks.

Asmus, it's Gimli time.

Also I would shell out top dollar for a good 1:6 Sauron. That is all.

Of course, I will probably end up buying whatever you put in front of me anyways, even if it's not gimli.

I believe that was developed for their new 1/4 scale Bruce Wayne suit, but yeah, it might be a starting point. I can't remember how big Sauron would be in 1/6 though - it could possibly be even larger than a 1/4 scale body.

I believe that was developed for their new 1/4 scale Bruce Wayne suit, but yeah, it might be a starting point. I can't remember how big Sauron would be in 1/6 though - it could possibly be even larger than a 1/4 scale body.

Yup. It's primarily for Wayne, but I'd imagine they had other ideas for using it elsewhere when they developed it and Sauron might be a good candidate. (The teenager body must share a fair number of components with the hobbits, after all.)

I believe in the DVD extras, Sauron is listed at around 10 or 11 feet tall (to the tip of his helm). So an 18-inch body would be the equivalent of 9 feet. Pop a tall, spiky helm on that and you're in the right neighborhood ...

I said this in another thread, but per my conversation with the Asmus reps at NYCC, Gimli and Thorin will probably be the next figures we see.

Boromir and Legolas are still far away.

Back