Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @Asmus
Any update on Thranduil? Is he still happening? Are you still considering making his throne?
- Also its good to hear from you, been a while.

We wish to have the figure ready by Comic Com.
Wonder if he made it...?
tumblr_puu8m7Cggo1x0bvwko4_540.gif

I hadn’t even realised that 2023 is the 20th anniversary of Return of the King till Sir Richard Taylor mentioned it while unveiling Weta’s latest works.

So, we have a fantastic looking Thranduil on the way but it would seem like a missed opportunity to not announce something special from ROTK as well this year; a Black Gates Aragorn with Brego perhaps…

There’s actually a lot we haven’t seen from ROTK that I’d be all over- like
- Denethor
- King of The Dead!
- Armoured Merry and Pippin
- Minas Tirith Citadel Guards
- Gondorian Soldiers
- Armoured Faramir
- Mount Doom Frodo and Sam
- Haradrim Soldiers
- Orc disguise Frodo and Sam
- Gorbag
- Shagrat
- Shelob
- Coronation Aragorn
- Coronation Arwen
- Aragorn with Anduril

And the 2.0s for figures that are now really showing their age and inferior build quality by an Asmus in its infancy
- Eowyn
- Witch King
- Gothmog
- Guritz

So, Asmus, what say you?

Asmus didn't do anything for The Two Towers 20th anniversary, which was a huge missed opportunity as well. Sadly, I can't see them doing anything for the ROTK 20th, especially since they're having trouble with communication with the licensor right now.

Asmus didn't do anything for The Two Towers 20th anniversary, which was a huge missed opportunity as well. Sadly, I can't see them doing anything for the ROTK 20th, especially since they're having trouble with communication with the licensor right now.
Concerning news indeed, as Weta seem to have a slew of announcements for the ROTK anniversary. Sounds like it's an Asmus-sepcific issue.

Back