Questions for Asmus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got the Crown Series Gandalf on order, directly from Asmus's website. Any info on how sturdy they send out packages?

I've got the Crown Series Gandalf on order, directly from Asmus's website. Any info on how sturdy they send out packages?

I?ve ordered legolas and gimli direct from asmus to uk both received in a shipping box and perfect condition, but both I?ve had to travel miles to the depot to pay import fees.

I had a couple instances of hefty fees and the thin, flimsy boxes were battered to death but I haven’t used the official site since around the time Gimli came out so maybe things are better now. I hope so because I’m using Asmus for Galadriel and Aragorn to get the exclusive stuff. I just made my own bow for Faramir.

Their shippers, just like their art boxes are flimsy if you compare them to HT shippers and art boxes. I bought from Asmus direct to support the creator but I hope they pack my Gandalf well when they do ship it.

I had a couple instances of hefty fees and the thin, flimsy boxes were battered to death but I haven’t used the official site since around the time Gimli came out so maybe things are better now. I hope so because I’m using Asmus for Galadriel and Aragorn to get the exclusive stuff. I just made my own bow for Faramir.

How did you make the bow? Pics?

Correct if I'm wrong. This is the current line up of pending figures,
Preorders
Faramir
Crown Gandalf the Grey
Galadriel
Aragorn Helms Deep

Mentioned
Crown Gandalf the White
Working on Uruk Hai

Is this everything?
Asmus any hints for the next character in the pipeline?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Preorders
Faramir
Crown Gandalf the Grey
Galadriel
Aragorn Helms Deep

Mentioned
Crown Gandalf the White
Working on Uruk Hai

Is this everything?

Thranduil with throne and his berry crown - maybe an orc head:cool:...would be most welcome.:drool:drool:drool

And Dwalin or Dain

Preorders
Faramir
Crown Gandalf the Grey
Galadriel
Aragorn Helms Deep

Mentioned
Crown Gandalf the White
Working on Uruk Hai

Is this everything?

There is a new Arwen somewhere in that list

There is a new Arwen somewhere in that list

Did the first Arwen sell real well or is the character just a favorite of Asmus? Just curious. It took ToyBiz a Good long while before they offered up a second version of her. Do not get me wrong I am excited for any and all Middle Earth figures (except for maybe Radagast, the Master of Laketown and his stooge) I am just curious why she is getting a 2.0 before someone made earlier like Eowyn, the Witch King or the Nazgul.

Did the first Arwen sell real well or is the character just a favorite of Asmus? Just curious. It took ToyBiz a Good long while before they offered up a second version of her. Do not get me wrong I am excited for any and all Middle Earth figures (except for maybe Radagast, the Master of Laketown and his stooge) I am just curious why she is getting a 2.0 before someone made earlier like Eowyn, the Witch King or the Nazgul.

The rider version Arwen was a good sell (we did sold out), wasnt all crazy number like Gimli or DMC series, but we hate to see Arwen vanish from our store shelf, so we discussed either re-run or make a new one, some crazy idea came up so we decide to give a new Arwen a green light.

HINT: you have to go for Asmud Toys online store exclusive.

The rider version Arwen was a good sell (we did sold out), wasnt all crazy number like Gimli or DMC series, but we hate to see Arwen vanish from our store shelf, so we discussed either re-run or make a new one, some crazy idea came up so we decide to give a new Arwen a green light.

Hopefully she’ll be in one of her gowns. We could also use another Elrond in his Council robes... :pray:

How did you make the bow? Pics?
Lockdown hit and I started messing with milliput to sculpt a custom figure. I was nearing the end of a pack so just rolled out the last of it and shaped it into a bow for Faramir with a wire through the middle to hold it together in case I have a mishap or any cracks ever appear. I sanded the crap out of it which gave it a pretty natural looking wood effect, then painted, matte sealed and added the only string I had lying around- had to peel it out from a thicker piece of intertwined string and paint it brown. It?s thicker than your average 1:6 bow string but, as these ranger bows are enormous anyways, I figure it can have a chunkier string to provide more power to shots and the little frays add a little extra realism.
957C3201-BC58-4949-A052-D72D4FF4EC3A.jpg
A6751987-FA0A-4DB6-895F-5F4AEC9CC646.jpg
80267755-DE31-4474-8048-B8CA583BB219.jpg
822EF113-5743-4966-9612-21C5D1DDF84F.jpg

Hmmm. I wonder if it might have something to do with the unused Arwen at Helms Deep footage. Either way whatever it is I am in if she is as good or better than the first one.

Back