Question about routers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I see so one way you have the PS3 directly connected to the modem and you can see more people.

When you hook up the router to the modem and PS3 to modem then you have the issue.

When you hook up the router and do the test on PS3 what nat do you get? Sounds like its a firewall issue.

You probably need to follow these directions find, your router the chose PSN.

https://portforward.com/routers.htm

Or just get a 360:D

It don't matter i bought a more powerful router, that was the problem all works fine now. (for both PS3 and Wii online) ty for the help guys.

BTW i would never own a 360!:D

Flame on!

when i check my IP it's showing 0.0.0.0
when i try to renew/refresh the IP i keep getting a message i have media that's not connected.

when I check my network connections, i have some Broadcom connection that is disconnected and will not let me uninstall.

sadface.

have you tried to make a reset to your router ? also deactivate your network card and then activated again.maybe it will help . after these check to the command promt if the default gateway is proper with your router.maybe it needs to add manually the ip for the interface and your providers ip..if you still cannot enter at routers interface the best option is to request for a replacement..

Havyck, before you come to the conclusion that you need to return it because there's an issue with it, you may want me or someone else that knows about that stuff to check it out.

Havyck, before you come to the conclusion that you need to return it because there's an issue with it, you may want me or someone else that knows about that stuff to check it out.

actually, I do know about networking. the problem is with the router. I got it factory refurbished. for whatever reason, it's just not returning the DNS IP. having a replacement sent.

thanks all.

Hopefully it'll work out for you. Most of the time when something stupid is going on, it's just some setting that's mucking up the rest.

actually, I do know about networking. the problem is with the router. I got it factory refurbished. for whatever reason, it's just not returning the DNS IP. having a replacement sent.

thanks all.

Does your router have the latest firmware installed?

Back