Question about backing out of a deal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShapeShifter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Quick question here and I'm not sure if this is in the right place but I'm asking the freaks opinions about someone backing out of a deal, I had a member that wanted to buy a couple figures from me and pay in instalments 3 payments, he paid a deposit of $100 and agreed to pay another $200 on a set date and the remainder a few weeks later. I got a message saying that he told his wife about the deal and she said no and now he said he's backing out of the deal and wants his $100 deposit back...so my question is should he get the deposit back? I said originally no because I lost out on potential deals cause he said he was taking them and had someone else that wanted them but I told them they were sold and now I'm out both deals cause the other guy bought them elsewhere, so am I wrong keeping the deposit?

Hmmm. Although its a pain in the arse and an annoyance, I think you should probably give him the money back, assuming of course you haven't shipped anything. He has been an irritation but hasn't conned you by the sound of it.

You're wrong unless you told him it was a non-refundable deposit at the outset. Otherwise, you ought to refund him his money. You're not out anything.

SnakeDoc

No I haven't shipped anything cause I'm not an idiot lol technically I'm not out anything but I lost the sale to other interested people, and my wife said I can't buy them? That's acceptable more like pathetic

Give him his deposit back and put it down to experience.
If anyone offers to drop a deposit in the future make them aware it's non refundable.

Sounds like he has enough problems at home :rotfl

Agreed, If you have not sent anything and not "actually" lost anything send the money back. You don't want him to get paypal involved, since you have no tracking numbers they will refund him anyways and then it looks like a negative action was taken against your account. So if someone legitimately tries to scam you it may work against you. Yes, I agree its a pain in the butt, but all you really lost was time. There will always be other buyers.

Ok fair enough I just figured that most people knew what deposits were for, but PayPal won't get involved but I just don't get why someone would even admit that the wife said no ah well never again will I accept deposits unless it's a signed document

Yes, give him the money back. I wouldn't agree to sell something unless someone has the total amount in hand. It's too much of a hassle. By the time he has the full amount, if you haven't sold them already he can buy them.

Yes, give him the money back. I wouldn't agree to sell something unless someone has the total amount in hand. It's too much of a hassle. By the time he has the full amount, if you haven't sold them already he can buy them.
His wife said no! :rotfl
B**** whipped!

I'm sure I had someone make that kind of admission before (about the wife), can't remember who (nor would I out them if I could :lol )

I've also had people say they'd pay in installments and I turned it down, seems to me that could be used as a scam, making it look like they paid you for 2 or more different items and ''they only end up receiving one''.

Payments were sent gift so that's tough noodles for him, I did refund the money and I told him if he can't afford them to stop buying them and maybe to stop collecting them if he doesn't get permission, but anyways I've heard it all now and hopefully they'll be welcomed with open arms to someone that can get the A OK!

If the buyer had any class he'd offer a compensatory portion of the deposit in acknowledgement of the hassle his lack of kahunas has caused.

"Wifey said NO". What a freakin' muppet...

Refund him the $100 and tell him to use that money to buy a new pair of balls to replace the ones his wife took from him.

Ya at least make payments on a pair haha

If the buyer had any class he'd offer a compensatory portion of the deposit in acknowledgement of the hassle his lack of kahunas has caused.

"Wifey said NO". What a freakin' muppet...

Ya I agree but no class at all I guess, shame that he takes orders

I don't think a hundred bucks'd be enough to cover a new set of balls. I'm glad I got mine at release, aftermarket prices are crazy. Best he can hope for at that price are recasts.

I honestly wouldn't refund it..maybe a partial refund but thats it…a deposit is typically non-refundable…at most id give him 50 bucks, n thats if you're feeling nice and he worded his email properly…ie. not demanding it and asking quite politely… and "my wife said its too much money" is horse-***** -- honestly just thinking about that crap excuse you shouldn't refund him..tell him if his wife is the damn decision maker then he couldn't/shouldnt have sent you the 100 bucks in the first place without her permission..he agreed to the deal, paid a payment, partial refund at best..if money is the reason id offer to maybe spread his payments out a little more but give me a break…that excuse isn't an excuse.

His pm's were rude, demanding and even a hidden threat was in there but he makes me laugh cause on the internet he's a tough guy like everyone else but his wife has his balls so threats don't really work and I don't take kindly to them either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back