Rovi Appreciation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandomHero

Super Freak
Reaction score
This might seem silly to some, but it needs to be said.

We are lucky to have Rovi. We might not like every decision Asmus makes, but I think we can all appreciate the manner in which tries to help the members of this board resolve issues, provide answers to questions and just keep us in the loop in general. There are not a ton of brands that maintain company reps that are as in touch with the community as Rovi has been with us. Rovi has also gone above and beyond in assisting where and how he can.

If anyone needs help or wants to discuss a product’s good and/or bad, please do it elsewhere. If anyone wants to let Rovi know he’s a very welcome asset to our community, please do it here.

Rovi - thank you for everything you do. I know dealing with collectors who can be impatient and unyielding in their question for perfection, but you have been incredible in working with us. You deserve to be commended, and a be given a raise (although I can’t help with that, haha).

Thank you for all of your help and all the help you continue to provide. Now get us a Haldir (kidding). I hope everyone here appreciates what you do as much as I do.

:clap :goodpost: Yeah agreed…it’s great having someone from the company engaging with the collectors on here and it’s very much appreciated!

Agreed, and how could anyone not?

We are lucky to have a representative from the company willing to deal with our constant OCD issues and collector insanity... it is a wonderful opportunity to 'peek behind the curtain' in some ways and feel like we have a bit of a voice in the process.

Also, Rovi seems very willing to assist individual collectors with their account issues and shipping problems which is another hands-on action that is truly valuable.

Thank you, Rovi... and to George before you.

Rovi, we appreciate your support, answers, and calm communication!
Thank you for being open and available to hear from collectors! I hope it makes both Asmus` business and collecting better!
Please, have wisdom in seeing the great value of what you are doing amid all the negative feedback that happens.

I also join the gratitude to Asmus (George) for all the teasers and insider information.

And thank you guys for exclusive Anduril gift for us here!!!!

Last edited:
I'll add my appreciation too - fantastic to have someone from a company like ASMUS interacting with us:)

There is very little that I can add to what has been already said, but I'll try anyway.

What Asmus has been doing on these boards is, at least to the best of my knowledge, and wrt other, bigger 1/6 companies, as every bit as clever, as it is sadly unprecedented. No other 1/6 outfit has ever before reached for "the heart of darkness" that forums are, in terms of fandome. The boards are where lots of time waste and irrelevance happens, and where even insults are exchanged from time to time, but it is also on the boards where interests and viabilities for products can be gauged, and wherr ñota of intel and feedbaxk can be gathered. All this, the big numb ones (SSC, HT, etc), and most of the not-so-big ones (Star Ace, DiD, etc) prefer to close their eyes to. But not Asmus. Asmus is there, at the heart of the community they serve, among their customers, maintaining a continuing and fruitul conversation with them so that the company can put out the most successful and satisfying products.

Other companies use social media, but let's be honest: most of the time, that is a one-way channel. No communication, only aftermath approval or backslash. No help with issues, just showing-up.

For this, we should feel fortunate and be thankful. We should also do our best to help it grow, which does not exclude doing a big deal of complaining about what we can prove, or at least reason, as being suboptimal, or just wrong.

Rovi (and Asmus for allowing it) definitely deserves praise. It's not easy dealing with collectors, let alone us on this board :lol we're called "freaks" for a reason. Hopefully we don't eventually scare him off as we've done other company representatives in the past :chase

Rovi has helped me on numerous occasions with my orders.
He has been amazing and patient with a lot of Members on this Forum and truly deserves the recognition that this thread was made for.
Thankyou Rovi.

Not much I can add to this except agreement.

Rovi, we all appreciate you coming on to this forum and communicating with us.

Thanks for everything you do Rovi! I know you must have to put up with a lot since you take our private messages too. Sometimes our constructive criticism can be a little rough but it’s all from a good place and wishing for you and Asmus to be successful. Your communication has always been excellent and you are a true asset to this forum. You deserve all the praise given to you in this thread.

Rovi (and Asmus generally), I know we collectors can be a demanding and frustrating bunch to deal with, but thank you for your positivity and endless patience with us! We all want you to succeed, because if you succeed, so do our collections!

:1-1:

1633638783487.png

Hi there, it's me.
Words can't express how much I appreciate your support and encouragement, I've learned so much from you all. All I can do is passing your precious opinions to our team and try to find a balance between the positions of customer and supplier. I know sometimes the result was not satisfied for everyone. If it is, and that is the efforts from all my colleagues and the directing of our director, not just me. It's proud to serve and deal with you as well.

Hi there, it's me.
Words can't express how much I appreciate your support and encouragement, I've learned so much from you all. All I can do is passing your precious opinions to our team and try to find a balance between the positions of customer and supplier. I know sometimes the result was not satisfied for everyone. If it is, and that is the efforts from all my colleagues and the directing of our director, not just me. It's proud to serve and deal with you as well.
Hi Rovi!
Would be great if you can respond to the people in the Evil Dead 2 thread.. there seems to be many people there asking for asmus rep to clarify things. ;)

I am aware of that, however, it's pretty chaotic now in the asmus evil dead 2 thread, and asmus' dead silence about it.
I'm voicing it here as an emergency, just in case rovi missed that thread, also trying to do a favor for fellow collectors here..
people are cancelling their orders, so I'm doing this for rovi's and asmus' own good.. because I appreciate rovi (and that's the point of this thread). ;)

Last edited:
Back