Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say that one big thing that bothers me if I was getting this piece is the lack of numbering on each one. For me, that’s a crucial part of the hobby in general.

Wow! that's a big F up in my opinion.
That was the whole point of charging $800 extra on a $640 statue.
I mean, why call it Artist Edition when it isnt. Should have just called it Exclusive Edition and charge $300 more for being an exclusive version.

I mean, this whole thing is being overpriced is like the Rainman Fullset where he charges an arm and a leg for being very limited and painted by him.
You know when you get a Rainman fullset, that was a sculpted, and painted by the man himself.
Rainman's non fullset is cheaper cause its painted by his team, like Aeon.
I guess this is the reason why these more recent pictures doesnt look like the prototype. I mean, if it was hand painted like the prototype, you would imagine they would look very very similar.
These new final production Artist edition, definitely is not on the same par as the Prototype.

Personally, I would be ticked off if I paid that much for Artist Edition, when it isnt, and its pretty much just a exclusive edition.

I don't think they ever advertised the paint being done by Viper himself.

I mean we already have photos, and it looks great, don't see why you would suddenly cancel because of this info.

Though it's still curious, they said it was done by his team and not specifically factory. What is the case for the sculpted version? Surely his team couldn't have painted all of those?

This seems like bad news for those that ordered the rooted, and great news for those that ordered the regular. The mark up is absurd if it's still painted by a team, but I would bet there's a good chance the regular can turn out just as nice then.

I think these product photos do look great, but not at the price they're asking for the rooted. It's also the perception of value too: suddenly you find out it's not painted by a single artist and that price tag looks a hell of a lot worse.

I don't think they ever advertised the paint being done by Viper himself.

I mean we already have photos, and it looks great, don't see why you would suddenly cancel because of this info.

Though it's still curious, they said it was done by his team and not specifically factory. What is the case for the sculpted version? Surely his team couldn't have painted all of those?
1648504707892.jpeg

Says it right there.

As someone who has the Artist Edition on order, I'm quite annoyed, although I knew it wasn't painted by Viper as they mentioned it in a recent interview that it was done by his team. I guess it was unrealistic to expect Viper to hand paint and root all 300 of them.

I wouldn't care if the mark-up wasn't so high. I mean, a paint job by his personally trained team is still pretty good compared to a factory paint job, but doesn't warrant the price they charged for it.

Why does Viper sign the COA then? What did he actually do? Does he just personally oversee every sculpt and make sure it's upto his standard? Does he do the hair rooting? Does he touch them up? It's pretty confusing.

This seems like bad news for those that ordered the rooted, and great news for those that ordered the regular. The mark up is absurd if it's still painted by a team, but I would bet there's a good chance the regular can turn out just as nice then.

I think these product photos do look great, but not at the price they're asking for the rooted. It's also the perception of value too: suddenly you find out it's not painted by a single artist and that price tag looks a hell of a lot worse.
Not sure how this is good news for those who ordered the regular. I mean, the regular is still painted by a factory. If Viper's team is a team of say 5 people personally trained by him, it's still a better chance at a better paint job compared to a factory worker, especially if he still oversees each sculpt. Not saying the standard will turn out bad, I just don't think this has any affect. It does make the price look heavily inflated though.

Back