Statue Queen Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:4 (2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really believe this is why they haven’t shown the standard yet. It’s going to look very similar to the artist edition. I mean look at the original photos. They both look the same other then the hair. They would have to purposely do a crappy paint job on the standard to make the two look different. Maybe I’m wrong but it’s weird we haven’t seen any photos yet of this sculpted hair version.

That's not actually on Queen's Site.
You're right, it isnt on queens webpage. But still, it is misleading. I think many people assumed the same thing. That, it is the big reason for the price increase is that Viper himself is doing the 300 limited edition. Again, its not labeled special edition, or exclusive version...Its labeled Artist edition.

I will say, in the end, I'm sure it will still be better than the regular version because of the rooted hair, which gives off a more realistic aspect.
But the Regular's paintjob will make the difference whether it warranted an $800 increase in price.

This is very deceptive by QS, and I say that as someone who has no skin in the game for this piece. The lack of numbering and now this really would leave a horrible taste in my mouth.

I don't think they ever advertised the paint being done by Viper himself.

I mean we already have photos, and it looks great, don't see why you would suddenly cancel because of this info.

Though it's still curious, they said it was done by his team and not specifically factory. What is the case for the sculpted version? Surely his team couldn't have painted all of those?
Exactly, it is deceptive I agree, but once again, nowhere does it say that Viper will personally paint each one. People assumed that was the case but it was always his team. How many are in his team? 5? 10? 50? Who knows, it's all very cagey but I also think not a reason to cancel your orders

Lol, this is a little bit like Hot Toys selling their 1/6 as ARTIST EDITION: J.C Hong

I'd be annoyed. The marketing was completely in line making it seem like Viper was doing the work. And these SHOULD be numbered. All the customs I own and the 1/3 statues I own are ALL numbered.

An edition especially that is marked up as to receive special attention from a main artist or team of artists should have this. I usually don't care about editions, I've been very vocal against people complaining about redo's of previous HT's being against the old run they've originally done as stupid, as they're not editioned or meant to be collector's items in a similar vain. But, an edition that is specifically set as a limited run, and moreover, handled by a dedicated artist or chosen team of artists, the price is higher because of the more special and focused attention each piece receives.

I've always been skeptical of QS, and still am with their 1/6 despite placing an order with them, but practices like not editioning (if this is true) and misleading marketing has me questioning further.

EDIT: To clarify I think the statue came out great still; this wouldn't be a reason for me to cancel at all - it'd be the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face. These are technicalities at the end of the day, what matters more most definitely is the statue itself. And needless to say, despite the numbering not being there, you can bet that it is still a small run regardless. I'd probably guess that QS always meant that Viper has been director and lead artist, so everything is signed off by him and directed, similar fashion as Kojun for JND; except that's a little different as he actually sculpted and directed. Pretty sure Viper would just have shown how to hair and paint. That part is still off, I never ordered this but always took it as Viper himself doing these editions.

Interesting artistic line of theory, though. You have artists like Damien Hirst and his colour circles for example, he designed them but had a team of printers actually make them, and to be fair through history, including artists like Munch, a team of printmakers usually handled the replication of an original artist's piece. I guess this all boils down to how personally you want the artist to be involved with your own piece; and the answer will mostly lay around how much grievance people have with the marketing of the statue, and that is to say that it all boils down to subjectivity, naturally. After all, what difference does it make if another artist replicated near identically to how Viper would have done; and instructed them to? If you were told it was Viper and never found out that it wasn't does that change how you'd perceive it...? Probably not.

Last edited:
If his team were 3 people that he continually monitors in person, that's more acceptable. Do I think that is the case, or that he even physically is in the same building as his team? Who knows, we certainly don't. There's a lot of unknowns, but at the end of the day their marketing team have done what they have to, to justify the price.

I think people will be satisfied with their final product, but is good to keep marketing talk and expectations in perspective

Yeah this won't make me cancel, I still think it looks awesome and am looking forward to receiving mine, but it does annoy me a bit. Although seeing the price on their 1/4 Loki with rooted hair, that is just as expensive as this. Maybe it's the rooted hair driving up the cost.

Yeah this won't make me cancel, I still think it looks awesome and am looking forward to receiving mine, but it does annoy me a bit. Although seeing the price on their 1/4 Loki with rooted hair, that is just as expensive as this. Maybe it's the rooted hair driving up the cost.
We will just have to compare the paint on both Jokers after the sculpted one comes out, and then we can see what's what. I don't think the paint on the reg will be half the quality of the rooted, and am hoping you guys are just paying the extra due to rooted hair only (and a better box!) Lol but we will see after the dust settles

I have the Artist on order and sucks to hear this. I was skeptical myself but so far doesn’t warrant a $800 increase. Granted this probably their most layered offering and the rooted hair looks to be more strenuous than the 1/3 but the upcharge is still crazy. Curious to see the sculpted now.

We will just have to compare the paint on both Jokers after the sculpted one comes out, and then we can see what's what. I don't think the paint on the reg will be half the quality of the rooted, and am hoping you guys are just paying the extra due to rooted hair only (and a better box!) Lol but we will see after the dust settles
Tbh I never expected the sculpted to have half the quality of the rooted sculpt anyway, but I did expect the rooted to look better overall.

Tbh I never expected the sculpted to have half the quality of the rooted sculpt anyway, but I did expect the rooted to look better overall.
Oh no I didn't mean you did think that, I was just thinking out loud in terms of the price differences and what quality we can expect from the sculpted

Sculpted should be shipping very very soon. 🙂
FB_IMG_1648737053610.jpg

If anyone is thinking about canceling their Artist Edition order at SpecFic or BBTS, would you mind sending me a PM with a head’s up first so I can try and grab it when it goes back on the website? 🙏

Last edited:
Queen Studios Collectibles said:
SHIPPING SOON: THE DARK KNIGHT JOKER 1/4 SCALE STATUE ARTIST EDITION)

Check out some amazing in-hand photos from another lucky collector in China.

How has the 1/4 Ledger Joker production piece turned out?
Let us know your thoughts as always.

P.S 1/4 TDK Joker(sculpted hair) is expected to start to be shipped in batches over the next few months.

GZahudB.jpg

ZyBj712.jpg

eJjfZZe.jpg

NkFChJa.jpg

Yx8S4pq.jpg

U8cjt0r.jpg

qaFoT1i.jpg

heJ4L1w.jpg

Back