Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally down for DCEU Trinity and Harry Potter! We already knew about The Batman and LOTR so nothing new there. Fingers crossed their 1/6 TDK Batman is better than their 1/3. Don't care for anything else on the list. I'm just hoping Harry Potter isn't a one and done type thing and they at least give us the trio.

I'd prefer to have fewer choices in life.
This.

I don't really get the argument that they need to be doing as many figures as Hot Toys. They shouldn't. There's a reason Hot Toys has a back log of figures that are 2-3 years out from release. Hot Toys announces a new filler Droid/Stormtrooper/Gilgamesh figure every 2 weeks. INART doesn't need to follow that at all.

I would hope INART does only a few figures a year so that their production line up doesn't get backed up and release is quicker. Also helps them put more time and quality into each figure rather than spread themselves too thin.

TNEZiOF.png
0jj4e3P.png

With all due respect, I don’t understand the complaints so far. “Only DC and WB products”...what else did anyone expect? Their teaser already told us what to look forward to. “Small selection compared HT”?...yo, It’s nothing but SW and Marvel coming from HT, what else did anyone expect?

Guys chill out. They literally just stepped in the ring. Give them some time for crying out loud. Besides, they have yet to prove themselves...so MMMMAAAAYBE having a few releases in their first 3 years isn’t the worst thing.

As for the poll results...if anyone here was seriously expecting them to actually get the rights to IPs like terminator, predator, the last of us, God of War IMMEDIATELY after the polls closed...I don’t know man, you set yourself up for whatever disappointment you’re feeling right now. So it’s less an issue on QS/IA’s first phase and more of an issue of your unrealistic expectations.

This **** takes time. Whatever QS/IA has cooking for us, let it bake for a little while longer. Think positive folks.
To be honest 16 figures in the span of two years seems incredibly ambitious for a company that's just getting started, mind you these are supposed to be the end all and be all of 1/6 with the best rooted hair in the market, if anything 16 figures is a lot of baggage for what they're promising, they'll all be announced between this year and the next but no way in hell they'll manage to release them all in that time and yeah it's not surprising in the slightest to see them making more DC stuff right out of the gate, they've already said that making side characters and characters from lesser know properties might be a possibility down the line but not now when they need to make money first, tbh I've no interest in most of the IPs and as far as video games I'd mainly want God of War, Mass Effect and perhaps a rooted hair Geralt if they end up releasing good quality stuff.

I don't think that list means "in our hands" within 2022-2023... just revealed and PO'd is how I read that. So many of those figures will spill well into 2024 delivery.

Joker, their first figure, isn't expected until Q4 2022 -- and most of us expect a 3 month delay into early 2023.

Also, InArt isn't considering anywhere near the volume of orders like HT, so that would help.

I found their choices to be wider than I was expecting. Daenerys, Joachin Joker, It and Mera were all surprise to me.

Yup, funny enough, 70% of their 1st phase are figures HT haven’t and won’t ever make. It’s like whoever is disappointed with this just GLANCED at this list and saw Batman 3 times and just thought “ugh, boring”

Like...huh?

This.

I don't really get the argument that they need to be doing as many figures as Hot Toys. They shouldn't. There's a reason Hot Toys has a back log of figures that are 2-3 years out from release. Hot Toys announces a new filler Droid/Stormtrooper/Gilgamesh figure every 2 weeks. INART doesn't need to follow that at all.

I would hope INART does only a few figures a year so that their production line up doesn't get backed up and release is quicker. Also helps them put more time and quality into each figure rather than spread themselves too thin.

TNEZiOF.png
0jj4e3P.png

For those disappointed with QS/IA’s first phase...Look at these pictures and tell me what’s so disappointing with QS/IA again?

WB license makes me so really interested in some movie Mortal Kombat figures. I know I’m not the first to bring it up to them.

Is the show popular? Genuinely curious since I know nothing about it.
First season was excellent, second one was a bit convoluted and messy but still enjoyable, season 3 was garbage and season 4 just got it's first trailer and there's not much buzz about it, sadly the show lost what made it special imo, still an Ed Harris man in black and Dolores figures would be cool to see since I love westerns.

To be honest 16 figures in the span of two years seems incredibly ambitious for a company that's just getting started, mind you these are supposed to be the end all and be all of 1/6 with the best rooted hair in the market, if anything 16 figures is a lot of baggage for what they're promising, they'll all be announced between this year and the next but no way in hell they'll manage to release them all in that time and yeah it's not surprising in the slightest to see them making more DC stuff right out of the gate, they've already said that making side characters and characters from lesser know properties might be a possibility down the line but not now when they need to make money first, tbh I've no interest in most of the IPs and as far as video games I'd mainly want God of War, Mass Effect and perhaps a rooted hair Geralt if they end up releasing good quality stuff.

Exactly. The fewer figures in production means faster turn around times. Believe me, I’m right there with you in regards to Geralt...but they need time to get to the “smaller” IPs.

I don't think that list means "in our hands" within 2022-2023... just revealed and PO'd is how I read that. So many of those figures will spill well into 2024 delivery.

Joker, their first figure, isn't expected until Q4 2022 -- and most of us expect a 3 month delay into early 2023.

Also, InArt isn't considering anywhere near the volume of orders like HT, so that would help.
Yes, I'm putting it plainly because a lot of people seem to think that 16 figures means there will no delays like with Hot Toys and all of these will be released in the span of two years which is really far from what will likely happen.

Exactly. The fewer figures in production means faster turn around times. Believe me, I’m right there with you in regards to Geralt...but they need time to get to the “smaller” IPs.
I wouldn't consider The Witcher to be a smaller IP, if they want to do video game stuff they could do worse than Geralt but I assume they're going to try negotiating a deal for Sony licenses as well, either way it's a non issue to me, I'm satisfied with the Geralt I have even if it has flaws, most of the other video game figures I want are already in the works as well.

I think InArt should just focus on what will sell for now and that's not video games, they should also worry more about delivering good final products than going on social media and making big promises before they've produced a single 1/6 figure, I haven't been really impressed with what's supposed to be the next step in collectibles, Queen Studios, JND and others announce beautiful prototypes but the final product rarely matches it, the JND Arthur Fleck looks underwhelming with flat rooted hair, the QS Phoenix Joker bust looks like one of those odd Barbie heads with hair plugs, the only one that has come close to the proto is the artist edition of the 1/4 Ledger Joker by QS and that had some controversy behind it since Viper was meant to root all of the copies and he only ended up doing a few, but I'll reserve judgment until they release the Joker and Gandalf.

I wouldn't consider The Witcher to be a smaller IP, if they want to do video game stuff they could do worse than Geralt but I assume they're going to try negotiating a deal for Sony licenses as well, either way it's a non issue to me, I'm satisfied with the Geralt I have even if it has flaws, most of the other video game figures I want are already in the works as well.

I think InArt should just focus on what will sell for now and that's not video games, they should also worry more about delivering good final products than going on social media and making big promises before they've produced a single 1/6 figure, I haven't been really impressed with what's supposed to be the next step in collectibles, Queen Studios, JND and others announce beautiful prototypes but the final product rarely matches it, the JND Arthur Fleck looks underwhelming with flat rooted hair, the QS Phoenix Joker bust looks like one of those odd Barbie heads with hair plugs, the only one that has come close to the proto is the artist edition of the 1/4 Ledger Joker by QS and that had some controversy behind it since Viper was meant to root all of the copies and he only ended up doing a few, but I'll reserve judgment until they release the Joker and Gandalf.

When i say smaller, I mean when compared to the likes of Batman, LOTR, Superman and so forth.

And agreed, let them do what makes business sense for now. We’ll eventually (hopefully) get the “smaller” IPs one day.

True, I was taking into account the Asmus Lord of the Rings series. But seems like anyone who wanted sixth-scale Lord of the Rings figures would have already bought those, and I wonder how many of those buyers are honestly chomping at the bit to replace those figures with $500/piece rooted hair versions.

Same with IT; like the Hot Toys figure is great but was already really niche; what's the market for another IT sixth scale figure? Seems like something they're making just because it's another Warner Bros. property and they can't get anything else.
I don't know, Amazon has their LOTR series coming up, that will bring huge focus and hype onto LOTR generally. Along with it a lot of new customers as well as probably pushing many existing collectors with Asmus to upgrade some of them.

I for one didn't go into the Asmus line. They weren't Hot Toys standard with the headsculpts. But give me something high end and I would love to collect a few core characters. Gandalf, Legolas and Aragorn all with rooted hair would be a damn good start. Give me Gimli and Bilbo or Frodo and that would be an excellent grouping.

I agree that Pennywise was a strange choice though.

Back