Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not cynical enough to write them off right away, they are making big promises by introducting themselves as the brand that will revolutionize the industry and collectors hyping them up so much shows there is a huge desire for that innovation but Queen now has big expectations to meet and I hope they deliver but that they don't let the possible future success get to their head, I know how good it feels to have people loving your work and putting it up against that of the industry's giants but I'm a firm believer that humble beliefs will always pay off in the long run, which is why I'm always striving to do better and I hope Queen does too like they have promised and don't go down the Hot Toys route.
--

I don't wish them any ill will.

If they got the gusto to actually accomplish all they announced and the actual in hand production design and quality in all aspects end up being all that and superior to Hot Toys, then fine.

If not, then that's on them and collectors will have every right to call them out on it. No excuses for any shortcomings, but we all know there will be defenders as prior instances with different brands demonstrated.

Isn't anyone else Jokered out? The other licences are far more exciting to me.
What licenses, characters are you have on your mind?

I think you are heavily underrating how popular Heath Ledger Joker is. He might be the most popular villain in movie history alongside Darth Vader am fairly sure that he is way more popular and InArt will sell way more units of him than any of the licenses/characters you name. Unless you name Iron Man, Batman, Boba Fett, Darth Vader, or Spider-Man.

I personally pass on this Joker, just because I do not want to start that TDK rabbit hole, but once they release LOTR figures, I am buying every single of them.

Isn't anyone else Jokered out?

I just got back into Joker.

I was Jokered out a long time ago when all you guys were still running around high-fiving over DX11.

Honestly though, the promise of new figures was diminished a bit when John said that only newer licenses mean anything in China, like 2008 or later. So that's pretty much Star Wars and MCU, which I am burnt out on... but of course, Queen doesn't have Disney, so no Star Wars, MCU, Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow or Alien and Predator.

From 2008 to now, what is there? John Wick? Avatar? (eesh)

I'm curious to see their LOTR offerings but probably won't buy. No interest in Neo or Paul.

Never got a 1/6 Ledger Joker, got out of collecting for a while and by the time I came back people were charging crazy prices for the older releases and DX11 so I'm happy were seeing more Jokers coming out and let's be honest, they'll never stop being made, Ledger's Joker is timeless.

I just couldn’t justify the price. Great figure though
I couldn't either and TDK trilogy is one of my biggest collections.

I'll throw one idea out that I would love but likely in a very small minority -- astronaut suited Mark Whatney from The Martian.
I wish someone would release any film astronaut suits- "The Martian", "Interstellar", "The Expanse", "Passengers", "Moonraker", just to name a few. I would also love real suits, as well.

I am x-ed out on many things. Joker's a character I was never much into, so this is a case of me simply wanting a good figure to pair with the DX19 and represent the Nolan Trilogy. I was never part of the hype train for the films, so I don't really have any emotional connection to it and whatnot.

Personally, I'm looking forward to what the MCU does next in the sense of what characters get translated to the big screen and therefore into dolls. Beyond that, I have little hope that they'll be genuinely good films that I'll enjoy, or that they'll stick anywhere close the comic book runs I loved back in the day. As time goes on I find myself trimming lists, so I don't even know if I'll have the same wants by the time they get to them.

If we're talking QS specifically, yes, it's the other licenses that interest me too. I have no intention of buying a M4trix Neo, but I'm holding out hope for a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo. And I'm praying for a Keanu Constantine too. LotR I'm not into much. Sauron would tempt me, but it'd be too rich for my blood and they'd never do it. Gandalf and Saruman could sway me, but the only character I can see myself getting, assuming my schedule's cleaner, is King Aragorn. From what they've shown, it's the Paul that's got me the most excited. I found the film drab and as time goes on it disappoints me further, but I like the books and the character so I need the doll. Chalamet being well cast is a plus. But as of right now, without wishlists and whatnot, this is the one I'm looking forward to the most, and I could sacrifice a figure or two to go for some hypothetical Premium/Deluxe edition.

giving-the-sign-timothee-chalamet.gif

I wonder if they'll do more. I have the AUG Paul on PO, but I'd cancel it if QS showed the same costume but with a better sculpt and materials. Hell, I may cancel it as it to fund a rooted Paul. We'll see, QS did say they'll have at least showed all of the teased figures by May.

I'm mostly just curious to see what other licenses they pick up. They seem to have an interest in videogame stuff, considering there's less restrictions and hurdles to jump through. I'm hoping for something like Mass Effect, but I'd be happy with some God Of War Kratos-es(?).

From 2008 to now, what is there? John Wick? Avatar? (eesh)
From Non-DC/SW/Marvel/etc Blockbusters that all normies know on some level? Those two are probably it, yeah. BR49 kinda flopped, but I think considering the hobby we're in, an Officer K would sell. As would a Driver, considering Drive has become a modern cult classic. I can't think of much else, except some videogames. Maybe True Detective if we go by tv shows, Rust specifically. Homelander from The Boys? I feel like we're stretching it here. Maybe a Cobb from Inception?

I'm mostly interested in Avatar tbqhwy. What does Cameron have up his sleeve? I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sleeper hit and we end up getting a figure or two from it. I remember the Jake Sully HT figure peg warming for years in SS's website, but I don't know, Avatar 2 will either flop or change the game. I think Cameron's smart enough to really do have something new in store, and not just have his head so far up in the clouds that he thinks some glossy new CGI will give him the win. Avatar came in a Pre-MCU age that utilised the 3D greatly. Nowadays normies are entertained with far less and capeflicks provide that every two months.

On that note, I'd like to see QS try a John Wick too. The bloody cuts turned me off the HT version.

I wish someone would release any film astronaut suits- "The Martian", "Interstellar", "The Expanse", "Passengers", "Moonraker", just to name a few. I would also love real suits, as well.
Out of all these, Cooper's got the biggest chances. I'd probably buy one, just to have a great astronaut suit and a McConaughey.

-

All things considered, one off licenses that give us classic characters of fiction are what really get me interested and make me fall in love with the hobby again. All the Big IP figures are just a form of completionism for me. It's the random Patrick Batemans and Corleones that keep things interesting. Not every figure will be a 10/10, but just owning them in this format is enough.

I appreciate 1:6 astronaut offerings as much as the next collector.

I believe the best 1:6 astronaut figures were by DML and DID over the years, but they're long gone and pricey nowadays.

I would like to see more collector friendly and modestly priced 1:6 astronaut/space offerings as "razor blades" (i.e., astronaut space suits and helmets) to use with our existing 1:6 figures ("razors") instead of fully loaded boxed figure that'll cost $200.00 USD and up.

I understand it but I wasn't collecting back then and have DX20 on order, so I needed a Joker and Hot Toys somehow didn't put out another one to go with DX20. I managed to avoid all the third parties and bootlegs even though some were tempting.

As far as Inart/Queen goes, they are promising a lot but at least they put up a figure for PO immediately, showing they worked on it a long time before revealing it, and also they have a background in this. It's not like Molecule8 that promised a 1/4 scale Jack Burton and truck.

They just posted a poll on InArt's Facebook page:

Queen Studios Collectibles created a poll in InArt (1/6 Collectible Figures).​

"You Want, We'll Make (80's Movies)

The InArt team want to make more globally licensed sixth scale figures and we need your help!

Starting with 80's Movies, suggest what Movies and Characters you'd like us to create. We will then look at the most popular and see if we can get the license and make it happen. "

Ugh, more 80s Nostalgia...

27oV.gif

I want a good Indiana Jones first and foremost. Then a Deckard (and a K). If I see more Alien/Terminator/Predator collectibles, I'm gonna- Do nothing really, power to those who like them. But Jesus do I not understand the obsession. I mean, who cares about Robocop when you've got Judge Dredd? I still don't understand BTTF. But I get that it's a generational thing. I look back fondly on all-black latex and leather from the 90s/00s, so needless to say I want more Matrix beyond Hobo Neo.

I'd buy a T-800 though, surely. I just hope they start looking for more things beyond the eternal 80s. It seems as all you can get in this scale is either MCU/DC/SW, or 80s. I want more random releases like the Dam Godfather.

PS: The poll's moving fast. Some interesting choices. Somebody wrote in "The Office (US)"...

What's the deal with the LOTR 1/6 license? Makes you wonder why no company has picked it up in the past. Now InArt come along and it's one of their first licenses.

I don't have a 1/6 Joker, so I was waiting for Hot Toys to re-release, but this came first. I only went the standard edition as I don't care for rooted hair and don't need two.
I am hoping for first Matrix (hard pass on the new movie) Neo; Bane, Catwoman and Ra's Al Ghul from TDK; and Gandalf and Aragorn from LOTR (and Legolas if it is a lot better than Asmus), from the known licences.

Back