Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I watched this one at 2x speed and skipped ahead constantly. The SDCC news was all i took away from it. They’ve already said how much Snyderverse stuff is loved over there so I’m not shocked they’re sticking with that. I actually only watched because I was hoping to hear an update on their Scarlet Witch 1/4 that had apparently been teased as going up for preorder this month.

Was there a statement?
Yes, during the stream. I'm too lazy to pull up the time stamp now. But the jizz of it was that the Alien/Predator licenses are now in Disney hands, InArt/Queen reached out previously for Aliens and their response was that they have something in the works and do not intend to make anything related to them any time soon (who knows how long since that has been said). And also a big theme of the stream was that Disney stuff are basically untouchable for InArt at least for the foreseeable future as someone else (Hot Toys) already has the license and Disney doesn't like multiple license holders at the same time.

Yes, during the stream. I'm too lazy to pull up the time stamp now. But the jizz of it was that the Alien/Predator licenses are now in Disney hands, InArt/Queen reached out previously for Aliens and their response was that they have something in the works and do not intend to make anything related to them any time soon (who knows how long since that has been said). And also a big theme of the stream was that Disney stuff are basically untouchable for InArt at least for the foreseeable future as someone else (Hot Toys) already has the license and Disney doesn't like multiple license holders at the same time.
Ok thank you. So far so bad.

(I guess the old trick "for China market only" doesn't work here, like they did with LotR and Asmus' licence?)

Lets hope HT is doing sth then. I don't really care as long as we get more Alien stuff in 1/6...

Sad news for Predator and Alien fans. It looks like they're not gonna do anything anytime soon...
No surprise there. I don't expect anything but LOTR and DC superheroes for their first three years.

Completely different price point, but at least Prime 1 is rolling Predators out like hotcakes -- in an inexplicably massive scale, of course, but their commitment to the property is nice to see. Haven't seen any company give Alien or Predator this much love since NECA.

For half a second I got excited thinking that meant HT was going to be releasing new Aliens figures soon... but yeah, don't see that ever happening. They probably just want to keep anyone else from making them.

QS said in tonight's livestream that they're still fully intent on making Cavill, Affleck and Gadot figures, and the new DC news isn't changing that.
Really hope Cavill is the next release. Timing would be good considering the outcry of not doing a MoS 2 with him, despite showing up in Black Adam. People would buy a MoS or BvS figure of him for sure !

What's happening with InArt announcements? At this speed it's imposible that they release all the list that they showed.

I doubt they'll get more than Aragorn out this year.

They came out all talk and while Aragorn is the greatest sculpt I've ever seen in this game, they followed it up with weird Harry Potter and random Asian movie teasers?

They need to seriously get their **** together and start dropping huge announcements to get the fire going again.

They’re almost 4 months into the slow roll out of the Joker so all orders must nearly be fulfilled.
InArt are still a pretty small operation from what I’ve heard so they wont be giving us a dozen+ figures a year for a long time if ever.

I couldn’t hope to keep up with InArt if they were announcing figures at the pace of HT but one new deluxe set PO every 3 months would be financially tolerable and help keep the hype alive. I just don’t think they have the production side of things figured out- especially with the hairing of heads- to meet that type of schedule.

I believe they massively overestimated their capabilities at the start and the reality of mass production has hit them hard and altered their plans. I expect that teased Wringwraith to be off the table for a while because it’s simply not interesting enough to be worthy of taking up months of production time.

I also wouldn’t call Harry Potter a weird announcement; HP is a huge global franchise with a ton of adult fans and characters to mine and no decent competition in the figure realm.

They’ll be looking to show a variety of licenses/properties and a range of characters in their early days- and, by God, they should. Aren’t we all bored of HT’s endless cycle of Trooper, Mandalorian, Iron Man, Spider-Man, something 2.0, repeat at this point?

Last edited:
They’re almost 4 months into the slow roll out of the Joker so all order must nearly every fulfilled.
InArt are still a pretty small operation from what I’ve heard so they wont be giving us a dozen+ figures a year for a long time if ever.

I couldn’t hope to keep up with InArt if they were announcing figures at the pace of HT but one new deluxe set PO every 3 months would be financially tolerable and help keep the hype alive. I just don’t think they have the production side of things figured out- especially with the hairing of heads- to meet that thpe of schedule.

I believe they massively overestimated their capabilities at the start and the reality of mass production has hit them hard and altered their plans. I expect that teased Wringwraith to be off the table for a while because it’s simply not interesting enough to be worthy of taking up months of production time.

I also wouldn’t call Harry Potter a weird announcement; HP is a huge global franchise with a ton of adult fans and characters to mine and no decent competition in the figure realm.

They’ll be looking to show a variety of licenses/properties and a range of characters in their early days- and, by God, they should. Aren’t we all bored of HT’s endless cycle of Trooper, Mandalorian, Iron Man, Spider-Man, something 2.0, repeat at this point?
It is rare that I agree so completely with every point made in a comment but here we have it. I am fine with InArt's decision not to crank out dozens of figures every year in an attempt to keep up with HT's output; I'll take high quality and a measured pace every time (and my wallet will be all the happier for it). And I'm glad to see them working with licenses that are not SW and Marvel.

Back