Queen Studios / InArt to do sixth scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1990 TMNT would be amazing, I hope it happens! But it's disappointing that female figures are still such a long way off, that guarantees we won't be seeing the Harry Potter trio anytime soon, and getting only WW and Daenerys in the next 5 or more years would be pretty lame. I wouldn't care as much if HT made better female figures lol. I'm not sure what they mean about harder to produce, maybe they mean making new female bodies? Gandalf has a lot of hair, and If they also make a rooted Legolas, I'd think they could make any type of hair for any female character. I'd bet it has more to do with potential sales than anything.

EDIT: So apparently at 42:00 John said this year a female figure would be revealed, so that's good news lol

Last edited:
1990 TMNT would be amazing, I hope it happens! But it's disappointing that female figures are still such a long way off, that guarantees we won't be seeing the Harry Potter trio anytime soon, and getting only WW and Daenerys in the next 5 or more years would be pretty lame. I wouldn't care as much if HT made better female figures lol. I'm not sure what they mean about harder to produce, maybe they mean making new female bodies? Gandalf has a lot of hair, and If they also make a rooted Legolas, I'd think they could make any type of hair for any female character.
Well, their Zixia figure is basically done it seems, she should be up for PO soon. They never really talked about her since probably not many people outside of Asia care?! But that's a female figure after all!

I agree that WW and Daenerys being far away - probably Q4 2025 at the earliest - is indeed disappointing.

Well, their Zixia figure is basically done it seems, she should be up for PO soon. They never really talked about her since probably not many people outside of Asia care?! But that's a female figure after all!

I agree that WW and Daenerys being far away - probably Q4 2025 at the earliest - is indeed disappointing.
Thanks for the info, your post is the first I've ever heard of a Zixia figure lol :lol I don't know who she is but I really look forward to seeing the figure, that gives me some hope that they're just trying to temper expectations in case they have production troubles with the female figures.

EDIT: I just read in the HP thread that they mentioned Hermione, considering I didn't know about Zixia either, I guess I should actually watch the whole video and research before complaining about stuff lol :lol

Some interesting stuff from recent QS/InArt interview:
  • Two Michael Jackson figures in the works, prototypes basically done. Will be shown at SDCC (alongside QS life-size MJ & T-800 bust from T2). PO shortly after. Globally licensed!
  • If licensing is no issue with Arnold and StudioCanal, they want to do T-800 from T2
  • Harry Potter license is the whole IP including Fantastic Beasts
  • 1990 TMNT possible since Queen Studios boss seems to be a big fan
  • Current plan for LOTR is only Gandalf, Aragorn, Legolas, Nazgul. They'll consider the whole Fellowship but depends on sales. Could take time
  • Affleck, Cavill, Gadot will be from BvS and ZSJL combined
  • Bale will definitely be from TDK. Batman Begins maybe in a few years. Hathaway Catwoman planned
  • Pheonix Joker currently being worked on. Diorama piece, number of figures/bodies/heads unknown. Price 1000 USD or more
  • Female figures harder to produce, won't see Wonder Woman or Daenerys announced before next year at the earliest
  • Alien/Predator license hard to obtain if you didn't have a contract with Fox before
  • Disney basically telling InArt "Who are you again? Come back in a few years, then we can talk"
  • They wanna get in touch with several studios when they're in the US, AMC was mentioned --> Walking Dead, Breaking Bad

Funny about Disney. But not surprising since Disney has real trouble recognizing genuine talent.

I was hoping to see Daenerys this year, but OK...

Bad news about LOTR. Last interview I watched, John specifically said they were moving beyond those four... now, a completely different story. I suppose Gandalf and Aragorn did NOT sell as well as they hoped, so it sounds like the first "brakes" have been applied to moving ahead. That's bad news.

out of the live stream, below is what I'm interested/my comments.:
  • Terminator
    • A T2 T800 would be one of the easiest purchases. Hopefully he'd include Galleria items.
  • Harry Potter/Wizarding World
    • So, if they're also are planning Fantastic Beasts, I guess I need to sell my New Scamander figures as well.
  • 1990 TMNT
    • As much as I think I'd love to have to have these, I wonder if I'd actually purchase. The NECA figures were really great, but I never actually wanted to buy them.
  • LOTR
    • I just hope they get to Gimli. I can surprisingly do w/o Frodo and Sam.
  • Snyderverse Tinity
    • I wonder what exactly they they mean by "combined." I don't want a Blacksuit Superman. Hopefully they give the option like JND did where you can choose either the blue suit or black suit.
    • Obviously want BvS Batman over JL though I think if InArt can make the JL version look as good as some of the customs I've seen, I wouldn't mind it
    • Wonder Woman works for either/both version.
  • Nolanverse TDK Trilogy
    • We already knew it was going to be the TDK version which I hope we see it sooner than later. Mostly just so I can see what he comes with like sonar head, backpack etc.
    • I would consider a Hathaway Catwoman if it looks as good as their 1/6 on batpod
  • Walking Dead
    • I would be completely satisfied with just a Daryl. But I'd take Negan as well. Rick has never been my favorite so idk if I'd pay InArt prices for one.
  • Disney
    • Don't really mind them not having anything Disney just yet as much as I would love a better Captain America.
    • Funny that they're saying they don't know who InArt is when their parent company has made a ton of MCU statues and busts.
EDIT: Also, don't know why some of the sub-bullet points went bold even though they aren't selected as such. There's no emphasis on those bullets points. Just the text being buggy.

Last edited:
out of the live stream, below is what I'm interested/my comments.:
  • Terminator
    • A T2 T800 would be one of the easiest purchases. Hopefully he'd include Galleria items.
  • Harry Potter/Wizarding World
    • So, if they're also are planning Fantastic Beasts, I guess I need to sell my New Scamander figures as well.
  • 1990 TMNT
    • As much as I think I'd love to have to have these, I wonder if I'd actually purchase. The NECA figures were really great, but I never actually wanted to buy them.
  • LOTR
    • I just hope they get to Gimli. I can surprisingly do w/o Frodo and Sam.
  • Snyderverse Tinity
    • I wonder what exactly they they mean by "combined." I don't want a Blacksuit Superman. Hopefully they give the option like JND did where you can choose either the blue suit or black suit.
    • Obviously want BvS Batman over JL though I think if InArt can make the JL version look as good as some of the customs I've seen, I wouldn't mind it
    • Wonder Woman works for either/both version.
  • Nolanverse TDK Trilogy
    • We already knew it was going to be the TDK version which I hope we see it sooner than later. Mostly just so I can see what he comes with like sonar head, backpack etc.
    • I would consider a Hathaway Catwoman if it looks as good as their 1/6 on batpod
  • Walking Dead
    • I would be completely satisfied with just a Daryl. But I'd take Negan as well. Rick has never been my favorite so idk if I'd pay InArt prices for one.
  • Disney
    • Don't really mind them not having anything Disney just yet as much as I would love a better Captain America.
    • Funny that they're saying they don't know who InArt is when they're parent company has made a ton of MCU statues and busts.
JL Batman on his best day pales in comparison the BVS Batman. There's just no beating that suit so I'd be pretty devastated (relative to toy collecting standards) if they only offer the JL standard suit. A whole host of options for all the characters would be the best case scenario.

I wonder if they could hook me in for hero costume and civilian outfit versions for the whole trio... Someting tells me I'm just financially irresponsible enough to go for it.

Thanks for the info, your post is the first I've ever heard of a Zixia figure lol :lol I don't know who she is but I really look forward to seeing the figure, that gives me some hope that they're just trying to temper expectations in case they have production troubles with the female figures.

EDIT: I just read in the HP thread that they mentioned Hermione, considering I didn't know about Zixia either, I guess I should actually watch the whole video and research before complaining about stuff lol :lol
Yeah, I think because the Hermione will be the child version we won't see the delay like the other females.

Damn. Didn't they say LOTR is a line that they would like to go deep with? I mean I POd Gandalf and Aragorn in a heart beat but would hate to see my Fellowship incomplete. I personally can't see them not making the rest. If they nail Legolas like they did with every other character, it will sell. Even Kit said Gandalf was mediocre at first but later a lot of people pre-ordered and showed interest. Can only imagine how good Legolas will look.

And c'mon, after him the Nazgul. Diecast with amazing fabric over the figure, they already showed how much they devote to find the right fabric with the right flow. It's gonna be AMAZING!

As with the Gandalf news, I'm so freaking excited. It will be my first IA figure and the first one with movable eyes.

Damn. Didn't they say LOTR is a line that they would like to go deep with?
I'm pretty sure they want and will but it will probably take several years. The key here is to not lose momentum and keep collectors interested over such a long period of time. I wish someone had asked about Gandalf The White but it sounds like they will only do Fellowship...

JL Batman on his best day pales in comparison the BVS Batman. There's just no beating that suit so I'd be pretty devastated (relative to toy collecting standards) if they only offer the JL standard suit. A whole host of options for all the characters would be the best case scenario.

I wonder if they could hook me in for hero costume and civilian outfit versions for the whole trio... Someting tells me I'm just financially irresponsible enough to go for it.
I wouldn't go that far for myself. Sure, I prefer the BvS suit as it really is great, and I would be disappointed if they went for the JL instead; but, the JL suit doesn't look bad in ZSJL imo. Not as good as the BvS suit for sure, but no where near as bad as it looked in Josstice League. I've seen a great many really good customs of the JL Suit with much better headscupts than what HT produced, and that's why I'm using those as my benchmark. It needs that extra care to make it look good. I sort of doubt that they would make 2 versions of Batfleck to choose from though as it's not as easy a fabric color change like it would be for Superman.

As for two pack civilian clothing versions - I would get those for Bruce and Clark in a heartbeat, but not sure abut WW.

Last edited:
Yeah I skipped the DX19 for the Inart version, Joker really needs company on his quality level lol

Also, at 42:00 John said a female figure would be revealed this year, I wonder if that's Zixia that POshy mentioned or someone else.

If the two MJ's actually look like him and not a crappy impersonator (especially if from the Thriller / BAD era). I'm grabbing both.

The more figures that are in collectors hands, and that retained their quality from proto to final, the more interest and trust there will be. People that happily own their product are more inclined to buy more. They’ve released 1 figure so far, which had a decent/slightly rocky but overall good release. First impressions matter. They’re still way too early in the game to determine anything at this point regarding what has traction and what doesn’t. There’s only so much interest gained by selling customers on proto images. So with all their figures including one-offs and franchises, the only thing they can do is release high quality figures in a reasonable time frame. We will answer with our wallets. That is when and only when they can determine what to invest more resources into. So will they make the LotR Fellowship? Maybe.

Sounded like it would be either Smooth Criminal or Billie Jean for the first reveal in July

Yep. Kind of hoping the figure is Smooth Criminal and the bust is Billie Jean (for affordability) but either way, this will be something that pre-sells pretty quickly I guess. Can't really think about it for too long when the pre-orders go live.

ONLY if it looks like the man himself though. I wasn't impressed at the last statue (awful likeness).

Really hope they continue doing musicians after MJ, although I’d imagine the licensing and image rights are a bit tricky and expensive. Give me sixth scale hyper-realistic Beatles, Elvis, and Freddie Mercury and I’d be all over them.

By the time they get around to half of the figures I’d be interested in from what they’ve talked about… I’ll be dead.
Yup pretty much. I'm sure I'll order a lot of this cool stuff when it goes up for order, but right now it's all so hypothetical and pie in the sky that it's hard to get that excited about anything. And we definitely shouldn't count on them to complete any collections. It's more about making just a small handful of the most iconic characters from any franchise.

Back