Queen Studios Collectibles - Terminator 2 - T-800 & T-1000 1:1 Busts and 1:4 Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Queen Studios Collectibles - Terminator 2 - T-800 & T-1000 1:1 Busts and 1:4 Stat

Both of these are laughably bad. Arnold looks nothing like him, and while the T1000 has a decent likeness, the hair looks horrible.

I was quite excited to see their 1/4 statues, but not anymore.

Really? Really? Arnold bust looks "NOTHING" like him!? WTF are you smoking or are you just being a troll because you know these will be out of your price range? On a scale of 0-100 for likeness you are saying the bust is 0 if it looks NOTHING like him. I think you need to get your eyes checked. The hair can use some work and I'm sure they will make some small refinements.

LOOK GUY! NOTHING LIKE HIM AT ALL!!!!

wEM8oen.jpg

V5I6EKZ.jpg

Re: Queen Studios Collectibles - Terminator 2 - T-800 & T-1000 1:1 Busts and 1:4 Stat

Both of these are laughably bad. Arnold looks nothing like him, and while the T1000 has a decent likeness, the hair looks horrible.

I was quite excited to see their 1/4 statues, but not anymore.

'Laughably bad' and while 'a decent likeness'?
While I can agree T800 isn't as great as T1000, but still way better than any existing mass produced Arnold bust ( or even most of those comission pieces).

Jesus, some of you guys need to lighten up.

I guess we have become a society of extremes if not absolutes. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground anymore. Being the huge Terminator fan that I am, I am disappointed that the hair is what it is and that the foreheads suffer for it. T1000 should be a little more jar-headed to boot. That being said, these are fantastic likenesses. They are not 100% and they are far from being "nothing like".

Queen Studios posted this on Facebook:
The T-800 and T-1000 life size busts debuted at the Shanghai Comic Con (SHCC) 2018. Both the T-800 and the T-1000 are works in progress at the moment, and we’re working on the finer details. Thanks to some of your feedback, we’re working hard to improve the forehead as well as the chest and hair. We’re not quit there yet, but we’ll make a T-800 and T-1000 that we can all be proud of! Thanks for your support and hopefully “We’ll be back” with more updates [emoji41]

I guess we have become a society of extremes if not absolutes. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground anymore. Being the huge Terminator fan that I am, I am disappointed that the hair is what it is and that the foreheads suffer for it. T1000 should be a little more jar-headed to boot. That being said, these are fantastic likenesses. They are not 100% and they are far from being "nothing like".

Yeah agreed - I am quickly getting turned off from these forums as a form of communication because of the pervasive negativity and excess notnpicking regarding many many amazing pieces. i havent contributed much so it wont be a big loss for the forum but using the forum to see product announcements and some pictures might be the way to go if everyone argues and spews vitrious at every piece being made.

Really? Really? Arnold bust looks "NOTHING" like him!? WTF are you smoking or are you just being a troll because you know these will be out of your price range? On a scale of 0-100 for likeness you are saying the bust is 0 if it looks NOTHING like him. I think you need to get your eyes checked. The hair can use some work and I'm sure they will make some small refinements.

LOOK GUY! NOTHING LIKE HIM AT ALL!!!!

Dude, STFU seriously. OK, maybe I was a little harsh saying it looks nothing like him, but it does need a lot of work in my opinion. It's a damn forum and I'm allowed to have my opinion. Did your feelings get hurt because I don't like this bust? Because my opinion is not the same as yours that makes me a troll? :lol and attacking me on a personal level because I don't see the likeness in the Arnie bust? Wow. You're a loser and need to grow up. You also know nothing about my finances or what I can and can't afford, so lose the elitist mentality.

I love how some members like you are quick to judge and assume that because someone does not like a collectible it means it’s out of their price range :lol I’ve bought pieces more expensive than this bust…not that I need to prove anything to you.

Snoop101 is right, some of you guys seriously need to lighten up. I can't believe some of the responses here just because I said the Arnie bust looks nothing like him, lol. The way some people on this forum carry on, you’d think that you personally made this piece. Get a grip guys, it’s the internet. People will express their opinions and not everyone will agree with you or like the same stuff, especially when it comes to this hobby. I own some pieces that some people think are horrible, like the Predator Maquette, and guess what? I don't care what they think...I like it and that's all that matters to me.

It’s great that Queen Studios are taking feedback on board and working on these pieces to make them perfect. I loved their Wolverine bust so I have faith that they can get this one right. I’m a die hard Terminator fan, its in my top 3 movies of all time. I just simply want awesome collectibles from this film like everyone else, but currently I don’t like the way these look. When I look at the Arnold bust I see a stunt double. I'm not sure if I will buy these due to a lack of space for life size busts, but I want them to get these right as I want their 1/4 statues to look perfect. I'm still waiting for a perfect set of 1/4 statues of the battle damaged T800 and T1000.

'Laughably bad' and while 'a decent likeness'?
While I can agree T800 isn't as great as T1000, but still way better than any existing mass produced Arnold bust ( or even most of those comission pieces).

See above mate. Probably wrong choice of words and maybe a little harsh, but the Arnie one just looks like a stunt double to me. The mouth area looks alright, but above that needs a lot of work. I never compared to any current Arnold bust, but if we're going to go there I would say Chronicle's 1:2 bust from Genisys has a much better likeness, it just lacks the realism of this bust.

These busts look incredibly realistic and look museum quality, but the likeness needs work. If I'm spending 2500 USD on a bust, I would want it to look spot on to the actor. The problem I find with a lot of these pieces that use real hair is that it's hard to get the hair right. It's great when the company can pull it off as it makes for a very realistic bust/statue, but if it's not done well the whole piece can suffer. Cinemaquette is a great example. Expensive pieces due to the materials used, but the hair usually looks pretty bad.

Thanks for not being a ****** like the other guy though.

I asked Queen Studio when they'll be showing their 1/4 statues, they said end of 2018 :)

I asked Queen Studio when they'll be showing their 1/4 statues, they said end of 2018 :)

Interesting......I wonder how much those will be?

Interesting......I wonder how much those will be?

I'm going to guess a lot if the quality is on par with the busts, but I've been waiting so long for a quality set of statues from this film. Willing pay for a nice set, as long as the quality is there.

Spoke again with Queen Studios, they said the statues will probably be fully sculpted :( was really hoping for mixed media on those, but I'm still curious to see what they come up with.

Yeah that is a bit disappointing. Mixed media definitely adds to the realism if done properly.

So the T-800 bust is $2880 plus shipping for those wondering.

Queen Studios posted this on Facebook:
The T-800 and T-1000 life size busts debuted at the Shanghai Comic Con (SHCC) 2018. Both the T-800 and the T-1000 are works in progress at the moment, and we’re working on the finer details. Thanks to some of your feedback, we’re working hard to improve the forehead as well as the chest and hair. We’re not quit there yet, but we’ll make a T-800 and T-1000 that we can all be proud of! Thanks for your support and hopefully “We’ll be back” with more updates [emoji41]

That is indeed encouraging, but at the price, I think I'm out no matter what.

:horror Glad I never felt any desire to move to statues, busts and props.

No Terminator statues? But yeah that price is a bit much for me as well. Still interested to see how their 1/4 statues will look though.

With over 10 years in this hobby all I do nowadays is pop in and out of threads like an old man complaining about prices but I'm going to do it again. 3 grand?!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back