Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Qmx-Supernatural 1/6th Scale Collectible Figures

Bah, no worries. I think the shows still good. Just a bit watered down now. Yeah, the monster of the week thing got old but so have the angels and demons. I really wish they would find a balance between the two. I haven't seen anything past season ten so here's to hoping it just gets better.

I just started season 2 after my wife convinced me to start watching it. I think it's pretty good and look forward to seeing what others are referring to. I am in for a Sam and Dean and that will hopefully be it...

It suffers from having too many episodes per season, like most network shows do. 10 to 16 is a good number of high quality episodes, 22 is just too many and filler episodes are usually done.

I just started season 2 after my wife convinced me to start watching it. I think it's pretty good and look forward to seeing what others are referring to. I am in for a Sam and Dean and that will hopefully be it...

S1-5 is a masterpiece.

In my opinion, as someone who has both watched every episode from the start, and who has done a big re-watch of the whole thing all the way up to the end of season ten a while back, I find that to be utter bollocks personally. And I swear people look back at the early seasons with rose coloured glasses that seem to conveniently make them forget just how many truly mediocre monster of the week episodes there were back then, and how much of a grind some of them actually were. Much like how many point towards Bobby being a big part of the show in the early years as to why those seasons are allegedly so much better, despite the fact that in the first five years he was in less than twenty episodes, and appeared in almost double that amount in the years that followed. People are entitled to their opinions, of course, but it does make me wonder how many of those who proclaim that the early seasons were so much better have actually gone back and re-watched them, or if mostly a lot of people just remember the 'greatest hits' and forget most of the misses, or just repeat a mantra because that is what conventional internet wisdom has decreed.

Either way, to me, the overall hit rate of quality episodes has actually remained remarkably consistent for the vast majority of the run, with even the lesser seasons having a better hit rate for good episodes than most shows manage. Some of the overriding arcs are better than others, sure, but I still enjoy the show as much as I ever have. That's just me, though. And I'm about as far from the 'tumblr' generation as it gets.

Mind you, I also think that shows, and characters, need to evolve over time, or else they stagnate and die. Still, to each their own.

EDIT - Really not trying to offend anyone who has different opinions, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. Just sharing my own personal observations and thoughts is all. :)

You sum up my feelings exactly. I've rewatched the complete series over the course of the last three months, and though, I do think the earlier seasons are indeed better (though 1 is still hesitating between monster of the week and mythology), I really feel they've remained fairly consistent too.

Sure, as I said, it has changed a bit and sure, as others have said, it always runs on the same narrative pattern, but still, after all this time, watching this series is one of my best moment of the year.

I love GoT, but I can't say I feel the same anticipation that I feel when the new season of Supernatural actually starts airing. And when you see the guys behind the scenes, you seen that there is a real love for the show from their part. They love what they do and it shows.

I'd be in for these guys, but I'd like them 'de-aged' a bit. Use Season 4 for reference and you can't go wrong. I say hit it when the show was at it's peak.

Yeah, while I'm really excited for these, I wish they'd gone at least a bit more middle of the road, in terms of the seasons and looks they based them on.

Around season 4 would've been a good choice to me as well.

I just finished Season 11 last night. Fantastic season. The last 3 episodes in particular were just awesome.

Despite hits and misses over the course of the 11 seasons, I wouldn't say there was 1 season that was bad, and maybe just a handful of episodes that were. Like I'm talking 3-4 max!

One thing I have felt consistently about the show. I put on an episode, and I am rarely bored, love the world they have created, absolutely love all the characters (except for Roweena), and before I know it, the episode is over. They are so entertaining that they just fly by.

I feel like I am seeing less pop culture references lately though. Used to love that part.

"We're going to make Hell great again." Best line of Season 11. LOL

PS the Darkness is super hot. And her name is Emily Swallow...

Absolutely! :impatient:

I got excited for a moment when I saw this thread at the top! :lol

I keep hoping for some updates on them. Nothing's been said since the reveal at SDCC, has it?

These are my most anticipated figures this year (hopefully this year).

Absolutely! :impatient:

I got excited for a moment when I saw this thread at the top! :lol

I keep hoping for some updates on them. Nothing's been said since the reveal at SDCC, has it?

These are my most anticipated figures this year (hopefully this year).

Same here! I've not seen anything new since SDCC either. :impatient:

There were pictures from NYC Toy Fair this past weekend. Looked pretty good. I noticed that Dean had a Scheduled Date of Q2-2017 while Sam had a TBD. I can't imagine they wouldn't PO and deliver the boys together!?!?!

I was happy to see them displayed. I've been anxious to hear some news on them since they were revealed last year. I'm kinda surprised by Sam being listed as TBD and Dean having a second quarter listing, but not too fussed - I've been a Dean girl from day 1, so I wouldn't mind getting him first. ;)

I asked them via Facebook and got the stock answer: "Stay tuned via QMx Insider newsletter and social media feeds for updates! Thanks for the inquiry!"

:impatient:

I asked them via Facebook and got the stock answer: "Stay tuned via QMx Insider newsletter and social media feeds for updates! Thanks for the inquiry!"

:impatient:

...and that is why I have a mix of excitement and dread each year around ComicCon. You get a taste of something that you don't pre-order for a year or more.

At least QMX seems to make pre-order and release dates fairly close, so that is nice. Just got Bones, and these two are next on my list. I have also been really enjoying this season of Supernatural so far.

At least QMX seems to make pre-order and release dates fairly close, so that is nice. Just got Bones, and these two are next on my list. I have also been really enjoying this season of Supernatural so far.

I'm almost done with season 9 on Netflix! I've got season 12 all saved up on DVR! Glad to hear that QMX is a little better about pre-order to release. This will be my first QMX offering.

Anyone think we'll see these again at SDCC?

Accompanied by more info would be nice.

Yeah, I can understand feeling that way - I'm pretty sure nothing has been said about these since they were last displayed in Feb, with Dean with a Q2 release (ha!) but no specs or anything on either figure that I'm aware of???

Seems like QMX are concentrating on Star Trek now. Firefly haven't even had a second figure release yet and someone mentioned they are doing a Bill Adama from BSG soon as well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back