Qmx SUPERNATURAL Dean Winchester 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Qmx-Supernatural 1/6th Scale Collectible Figures

Oh, for me it's the earlier seasons too. No contest. Seasons 1-4 is where it's at for me. 4 is mainly why I want Castiel. I would have preferred the brothers based on the early seasons but I knew I would want figures of them regardless.

I agree with you, Yellow Eyes was the best.

I don't know that I would get any of the creatures. The Scarecrow MAYBE because of my love for Halloween. But ultimately, no, can't see myself getting them.

Oh yea, I'm a major fan of the early seasons. Back when it was a dark, gritty horror/adventure show, where monsters and emotions had weight and substance and the show knew how to use subtlety to its advantage. Now its become some bizarre sort of magical comedy. Where it spends more time winking at the fans and patting itself on the back than actually delivering what the show is supposed to be about. Its like its pieced together from Tumblr gifs.

Kim Manners was really the guy that ran that show, and after he died of cancer half-way though season 4 you can see a noticeable drop in tone and quality.

Id be down for a Sam, Dean, John, YED, and Meg. Maybe Bobby and Castiel. No go for me on Crowley though. For me that character is a bit of a one-note joke that should have been killed off years ago. Kind of a representation of everything that went wrong with the show.

I really like the Dean figure, but it needs a voice chip in the base that says "son of a *****!"

I probably enjoyed the earlier seasons more myself. I think the shows been decent until Crowleys mother appeared. Just can't stand that story line. You'll find a middle ground with the custom heads that are around. I think they favor younger versions of Sam & Dean.

Rowena's just abysmal, but I've actually really enjoyed this last season and it's probably the best it's been in a while (which still isn't anywhere close to where it was in its prime). Crowley and Cas, to a degree, suffer from the same illness that I think currently ails Harley Quinn and that is "too much of a good thing...itis?":lol When he first showed up, I thought he was great. Here's the king of the crossroads demons drinking scotch, listening to classic Motown soul, and watching Hitler March on Berlin while reminiscing about the good old days.

And then they brought him back...again...and again...and again...and again...and, honestly, it kind of cheapens the whole show to a degree with his bromance with Dean and the way they overlook stuff like him murdering people they saved years ago. I feel like he's going to have to pay up, at some point, even if it does piss off the Tumblr crowd. Otherwise, it will just forever highlight Sam and Dean's ineptitude.

It's gotten to the point where they're pretty poor hunters now. lol Crowleys gotten away a few dozen times, their plans constantly go awry, and anyone close to them gets killed with little fanfare. They use to be badass and I think that's what helped the first few seasons.

I just got sick of them ****ing the world over so they could cheat death once more. I think that's why I liked this season so much. They finally broke the chain, as it was. It was really refreshing to see a season end without one of the brothers being either deceased or broken in some way.:lol

I think you guys are being pretty harsh. Yes, the show's had its ups and downs but what show wouldn't after so many seasons? It took only 5 seasons for the X Files to go down the drain and only two for Arrow. Some never even find their footing.

Supernatural is in its twelfth season and at its worst, was still better than most shows around. Some episodes are real gems. It's still one of the best shows around.

I think you guys are being pretty harsh. Yes, the show's had its ups and downs but what show wouldn't after so many seasons? It took only 5 seasons for the X Files to go down the drain and only two for Arrow. Some never even find their footing.

Supernatural is in its twelfth season and at its worst, was still better than most shows around. Some episodes are real gems. It's still one of the best shows around.
:goodpost: I feel the same.

Oh yea, I'm a major fan of the early seasons. Back when it was a dark, gritty horror/adventure show, where monsters and emotions had weight and substance and the show knew how to use subtlety to its advantage. Now its become some bizarre sort of magical comedy. Where it spends more time winking at the fans and patting itself on the back than actually delivering what the show is supposed to be about.

This is generally how I feel as well. It started losing me when it became too meta. The overall tone of the show really changed to me.

I just love those early seasons so much and the characters, so I never had much doubt about getting figures from the show, even though I'm not as much of a fan of the later stuff.

By what standard is it still better than most stuff on TV? Sure there's the occasional decent episode one or twice a season, but the rest is pretty much garbage that totally or canonically goes against everything the first few years stood for. This show is not nor should ever be a comedy, so if laughter is abundant (especially at the expense of the monsters' scaryness) then the show is failing.

It should never ever feel like they edited a bunch of Tumblr gifs together and put it on tv.

Yeah I'd be in for Sam, Dean, Cas and Crowley, but Bobby is not essential for me. These are going to be AUD$350 for each figure anyway and I'm already not planning on buying direct from QMX with their ridiculous international shipping charges. By the time any are released we'll also have our new custom charges for anything over $20, so importing will become even more expensive.
I'm sure QMX will make the exclusive item some must hace accessory though that you can only purchase from them directly fml

QMx is working with international distributors to carry the 1/6 exclusives in foreign territories so the shipping won't be so bad.

I don't agree with The X-Files going down the drain after season 5, it was just better during that period, just as Supernatural was better in it's first 5 seasons.

Got to say I'm still on season 10 of Supernatural, so I'm more than a season and a half behind.

I don't agree with The X-Files going down the drain after season 5, it was just better during that period, just as Supernatural was better in it's first 5 seasons.

Got to say I'm still on season 10 of Supernatural, so I'm more than a season and a half behind.

Well, I'm at the same point.

My season 11should be here mid-October. But to me, the only season really lacking was the one with the Leviathans. All the others have been good even if I'll grant you that the best ones were 1-5. I really miss Bobby, and the colt, however I love the Men of Letters secret lair.

So yeah, the show has changed a lot, with less monster of the week episodes but after so long it was bond to happen. They had to re-invent themselves of repeat themselves endlessly.

See, that's the thing, though . It really hasn't changed all that much. The plot has furthered, as have the stakes, but it just kind of stagnated, when it comes to formula. Threat X arrives, Sam and Dean formulate a plan to stop threat X, threat X is stopped, but Sam or Dean are killed or maimed in some way that need some to be remedied with some magical mumbo jumbo that's bound to **** **** up, magical mumbo jumbo saves Sam or Dean, but ****s **** up in the process, begetting Threat Y, and rinse and repeat.

I do love the show, I truly do, and, like I said, this past season was fantastic, but I do agree that, at times, it feels like it's being written by Tumblr fanpages. The humor the show has come to rely on has always been there, but, back in the day, stuff like The Trickster episodes or A Very Supernatural Christmas were the exception to the, generally, very dark rule, and it seems like they inverted that dynamic so far that they kind of lost sight of who they were. The big thing that pissed me off was that "sexy" Bloodlines spin-off they'd planned, though it was really their encounter with Magnus (generic bow tie Men of Letters immortal dude) that preceded it, when they threw out that awesome "shedding" mechanic that shapeshifters had used in favor of your typical "transform body, clothes, and face instantaneously into another person." All that stuff, Charlie, Leviathans, Amelia and her dog; yeah, it can get ****ed.:lol

I know that sounds like I hate what the show has become, and, to a degree, I did, but season 11 really was terrific and I'm excited to see where they do with it.

So yeah, the show has changed a lot, with less monster of the week episodes but after so long it was bond to happen. They had to re-invent themselves of repeat themselves endlessly.
Reinventing itself as a completely separate genre (its essentially a comedy now) killed it's identity.

Other than the characters names and the most basic premise of the show (and even that was dramatically shaken up now that the stupid bunker has replaced the motel rooms), there is almost zero resemblance to what it started out as.

Last edited:

In my opinion, as someone who has both watched every episode from the start, and who has done a big re-watch of the whole thing all the way up to the end of season ten a while back, I find that to be utter bollocks personally. And I swear people look back at the early seasons with rose coloured glasses that seem to conveniently make them forget just how many truly mediocre monster of the week episodes there were back then, and how much of a grind some of them actually were. Much like how many point towards Bobby being a big part of the show in the early years as to why those seasons are allegedly so much better, despite the fact that in the first five years he was in less than twenty episodes, and appeared in almost double that amount in the years that followed. People are entitled to their opinions, of course, but it does make me wonder how many of those who proclaim that the early seasons were so much better have actually gone back and re-watched them, or if mostly a lot of people just remember the 'greatest hits' and forget most of the misses, or just repeat a mantra because that is what conventional internet wisdom has decreed.

Either way, to me, the overall hit rate of quality episodes has actually remained remarkably consistent for the vast majority of the run, with even the lesser seasons having a better hit rate for good episodes than most shows manage. Some of the overriding arcs are better than others, sure, but I still enjoy the show as much as I ever have. That's just me, though. And I'm about as far from the 'tumblr' generation as it gets.

Mind you, I also think that shows, and characters, need to evolve over time, or else they stagnate and die. Still, to each their own.

EDIT - Really not trying to offend anyone who has different opinions, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. Just sharing my own personal observations and thoughts is all. :)

People are entitled to their opinions, of course, but it does make me wonder how many of those who proclaim that the early seasons were so much better have actually gone back and re-watched them, or if mostly a lot of people just remember the 'greatest hits' and forget most of the misses, or just repeat a mantra because that is what conventional internet wisdom has decreed.

Actually the older seasons are pretty much the only ones I rewatch. Wheras everything from season 5 onward was a struggle to get through the first time. When I upgraded my collection to Blu-ray last year, I only bothered buying the first 4 years because those are the only ones I repeatedly sit through.
Back in the show's heyday though when I was a massive fan, I watched an episode or two a day.

Then again though I'm a bit different from most of the "first 5 years were the best" people. Personally I think only the first 2 years were really great, with the downslide starting in Season 3, a brief resurgence followed by a slide into mediocrity in season 4, and then season 5 suffering from all the same problems as the later seasons.

You are true though that the early seasons did suffer from some problems. The Bella fiasco, bottled grace, and Ruby being pretty key examples.

EDIT - Really not trying to offend anyone who has different opinions, so I hope it doesn't come across that way. Just sharing my own personal observations and thoughts is all. :)

Bah, no worries. I think the shows still good. Just a bit watered down now. Yeah, the monster of the week thing got old but so have the angels and demons. I really wish they would find a balance between the two. I haven't seen anything past season ten so here's to hoping it just gets better.

Back