Qmx Star Trek Kirk, Spock review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's another week of all sixth scale stuff, starting off with an early review at a terrific pair of new figures from Quantum Mechanix - Kirk and Spock! I'm really, really happy with this set, and fans of the show are likely to share my love. You can find my review here (and get a sneak peek at this week's Trumpism) here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-062716a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Great review, makes me even more excited for the figures. And I wholeheartedly agree, we need a 1/6th cross dressing Tim Curry, right now!

Great pics and work, as always.

Really looking forward to my exclusive Kirk arriving.

Wow, so jealous you got these already! And I do agree that Kirk's head appears to be a smidge too big, but it at least doesn't appear as over-sized as Mal's head does. And adding a bit of extra padding to the chest might help improve his proportions a bit, since the upper body was already looking too narrow as it was.

I'm also not really liking how overly glossy Spock's head looks. Think I might have to hit mine with a bit of dull coat or something.

They look good glad I have both exclusives coming.....only issue I have seen from the pics is the paint app doesn't look on par but passable.

I love all the accessories and sculpted hands for each accessory along with Spock's various hands. Great deal for the price..

Last edited:
They look great. Would you say Kirks shirt is more green or yellow? The pics make it look quiet green.

Michael thanks for a great review. I'm truly looking forward to having these in hand. I'm grew up in the same era as you, watched the same shows, and fell in love with many of the same action figures of the time that have paved the way for today's 1/6 obsession.

I didn't realize we were getting the alternate belts...a very nice surprise. I think both figures look great, especially considering QMX is still very new to 1/6 scale.

I hope we are treated to many more figures from this line, and beyond. I also hope QMX considers releasing expansion pack uniforms as well.

I too was a little concerned that Spock seems to have quite a tan. Hopefully it's not too dark in hand. Great review!

They look great! Can't wait for mine to show up (but I settled for the regular versions).

Bring on McCoy!

review_qmxtrek_large.jpg

:lol

Really, Michael? "Nemoy?" Pfft... and you call yourself a fan... :rotfl

Back