QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thoughts exactly.

I would think if you want to start with a bang TWOK makes sense. Just my thoughts but I would think starting with either a Kirk or Spock makes sense and if you start with TOS Kirk or Spock while those would be welcomed we have already had them in 1/6 and some long time buyers might be miffed about being asked to buy Kirk & Spock again without already having Uhura. Another possibility might be Dara because we have seen Nanjin make a few Datas and in my opinion he is a very popular TNG figure and most TNG 1/6 buyers would probably buy him and so might other ST fans.
I can understand the reason behind releasing another TOS Kirk & Spock. Even though I have them already, I wouldn't mind if the line started with them for the sake of those who missed out

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I think Nanjin will definitely release a green wraparound Kirk, a Uhura (with different hairdos) and a Mirror Scotty. At least we have seen pics of them here in the past. And probably Scotty and Sulu QMx failed to deliver in sufficiant numbers.

Nanjin, a first release on Xmas would be a fine idea! Xmas 2020!

I still have Scotty & Sulu on preorder with a UK vendor. Scotty 2nd wave was supposed to have been out Nov/Dec, but nothing yet. In fact I haven't seen Qmx hint at a single 1/6th figure from any licence for at least a year. All focus seems to be on those mini figs

I think Nanjin will definitely release a green wraparound Kirk, a Uhura (with different hairdos) and a Mirror Scotty. At least we have seen pics of them here in the past. And probably Scotty and Sulu QMx failed to deliver in sufficiant numbers.

Nanjin, a first release on Xmas would be a fine idea! Xmas 2020!
I wanted to. But due to the official process, I have to push it back couple of months. I was hoping to debut tomorrow because Dec 7 is a significant day in Trek.

Anyway, more than 60% of 2021 releases were never shown. Expected characters have their own sets of release schedules so this arrangement would comfort some OGs.

I am intended to make Waiting for 1/6 Trek as part of the ?fun? of collecting.

One warning ahead:
Don't play catchup.

I have a lot of characters to make. More than likely, I would not be able to do 2nd runs or 3rd runs because I can't slow down. 1/6 trek has 50 years to catchup, and way too many iconic characters to do.

2ndly, I wouldn't be able to build any sold out figures like I did for Scott and Sulu.

Another progress info: I just begun on 2nd half of 2022 production scheduling.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

I can understand the reason behind releasing another TOS Kirk & Spock. Even though I have them already, I wouldn't mind if the line started with them for the sake of those who missed out

There will be different Kirk, Spock. TOS will have their own release schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that I think about it further, character variations and villains should be interspersed between the "hero" figures mentioned above.

Green wrap Kirk
Locutus of Borg
Gowron
Wrath of Khan Kirk, Spock and Khan
Kang
Q
The Jem'Hadar
Mirror, Mirror Kirk, Spock and Uhura!

Kang? Would a Koloth with Kang`s sash do? (Just need to replace the head and change the buttons into pins.)

koloth-sash-2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

There will be different Kirk, Spock. TOS will have their own release schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are Scotty, Bones & Sulu still on the table for you to do for TOS or are you going to put them at the end of the line because they were done under QMX? I really want to pick up a Scotty to replace the one I gave away but I do not want to pay eBay if you may make another Scotty down the road. Same goes for Bones.

Where did you find a Klingon disruptor in-scale?

Well, I was really searching for a 1/6 Klingon disruptor to arm Koloth but all I found was two poor 3D printed things. So in the end I made it myself from styrene and some metallic elements, all I need now is to paint it and glue the two shields along the barrel.

Are Scotty, Bones & Sulu still on the table for you to do for TOS or are you going to put them at the end of the line because they were done under QMX? I really want to pick up a Scotty to replace the one I gave away but I do not want to pay eBay if you may make another Scotty down the road. Same goes for Bones.
I will say this. No matter how I release TOS, my operation needs its own version of TOS.

Is a shame for generations if my own operation does not have a complete TOS. They will be different from anything previously released and they are backward compatible.

I will say this. No matter how I release TOS, my operation needs its own version of TOS.

Is a shame for generations if my own operation does not have a complete TOS. They will be different from anything previously released and they are backward compatible.

Do you mean sir that those of us that already have Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and Sulu have to start all over again because the figures we already have won't match the figures that you will produce?
-Jim G.G.

Thanks Nanjin! I will be 100% in for the main TOS crew and as many others as I can afford and have room for along with other eras of ST.

Do you mean sir that those of us that already have Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, and Sulu have to start all over again because the figures we already have won't match the figures that you will produce?
-Jim G.G.
They will be backward compatible.

They will be backward compatible.

Oh, my misunderstanding. Sorry.
Thank you sir for your prompt response. I as well as others are very much looking forward to see your work.
Thank you again.
:clap
-Jim G.G.

Last edited:

Best news ever!

So there will be a completely new TOS bridge crew - cause Nanjin could not use the moulds of the existing figures -.

I hope that the male boots will look better and not look a bit like iron shaped boots. Hope also that the bodies will be more appropriate and that the tunics have the same material and color to match the existing characters. As Nanjin said they`ll be compatible.

And I hope that with the bridge crew there will be coming also a bridge diorama.

So, Santa Nanjin, will you accept my wish list? I`ve been a good boy.

Oh, my misunderstanding. Sorry.
Thank you sir for your prompt response. I as well as others are very much looking forward to see your work.
Thank you again.
:clap
-Jim G.G.
No worry, they will be lots of questions and confusions when 1/6 Trek comes back into the ball game. Is good for me to double check on the issues that need to be addressed.

Unlike others, i will provide ?road maps? in collecting 1/6 trek(s).

Last edited:
Back