QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, given my age, and the age of Star Trek, and the various figures we've had in the past, the Qmx figures are by far the best we've ever had. I'm addicted to 1/6 thanks to these bad boys. There's no chance of getting anything better if you don't support the line as is, because it will be deemed that there is insufficient interest. There's also little chance of me completing my collection before I drop dead at this rate. I'm too old to hold out for a perfect figure that's probably never coming but I'm very interested to see where it all leads!

BSG and most if not all other military based figures are easy as no brainer if Trek is tamed.

All founders in Strong 1/6 companies were from military figures production. This applies to manufacturing as well.

In 1/6 producers' circle, they called 1/6 military production as the Shaolin Temple kungfu training of 1/6. Those came.from 1/6 military were well trained.

For the same token, these founders will do whatever they can to put military figures production as far behind as possible.

This was why 1/6 Big Boss never considered touching Trek except SS with Wars (SS didn't manufacture back then)

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

That?s very interesting and also gives me hope for some classic characters down the line. A line up of OS Apollo, Starbuck, Adama and a Cylon would look incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love all this. It's not strong enough to replace scenes but a fun experiment. I'd love to see Kirsty Alley in TSFS AND TVH or Robin Curtis vice versa. Or either one in TUC instead of Valeris.

My TMP edit including Deepfake Grace Lee Whitney is nearly finished (first final draft at least). These things require a ton of Man hours for just a few seconds.

when you are going to build Uhura, please do not forget her iconic chair, Nanjin.
Remember that you issued Kirk and his chair, too.

Not sure it's been mentioned here or this is news or helpful at all to anyone, but the QMX Star Trek Captain's Chair is for sale for just $49 on Walmart.com. It's listed everywhere else at about $200 so I thought it was a mistake when I saw it on Walmart. I had to order it 3 times (two orders got "stuck in processing" and were cancelled) so I just kept assuming it was sold by a third party and was priced wrong on the website and that was why the order was never going through. But the third time I tried it went through and I received the chair the other day.

Sean

Not sure it's been mentioned here or this is news or helpful at all to anyone, but the QMX Star Trek Captain's Chair is for sale for just $49 on Walmart.com. It's listed everywhere else at about $200 so I thought it was a mistake when I saw it on Walmart. I had to order it 3 times (two orders got "stuck in processing" and were cancelled) so I just kept assuming it was sold by a third party and was priced wrong on the website and that was why the order was never going through. But the third time I tried it went through and I received the chair the other day.

Sean
I would assume is true. Someone made an unbelievable decision when the chair went into production.

Not me! I was trying to prevent it and failed.

Sean

Me and a lot of others on this thread grabbed it from ThinkGeek when they also marked it down to $50.

I love everything Trek so I?m sure I?d support another 1/6 line in a heartbeat. Also I wouldn?t sell the QMX pieces I have. Not that I have a lot anyway, but I love them.
3b947eab0bcf8bedb718f335cd85e2c9.jpg

751b619f1a587a0d9462a072b27e0189.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean

I wanted to buy another one for my Commodore Wesley but in the meantime the chair has run out of stock at walmart. Now Kirk has to continue to share his one with Wesley.

I love everything Trek so I?m sure I?d support another 1/6 line in a heartbeat. Also I wouldn?t sell the QMX pieces I have. Not that I have a lot anyway, but I love them.
3b947eab0bcf8bedb718f335cd85e2c9.jpg

751b619f1a587a0d9462a072b27e0189.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! I have a custom Uhura head but I'm debating whether to get Barbie Uhura repainted at the same time. Only thing giving me pause is that she will need new hair and there isn't anything suitable out there. I'd be happy with a movie style afro wig.

I've ordered an African Triad body. I'll see what it looks like clothed...

Nanjin, you are certainly going to put Uhura intro production some day, instead of the prototype head picture you inserted in this thread quite some time ago, please consider giving her "real" hair!!!

Nanjin, you are certainly going to put Uhura intro production some day, instead of the prototype head picture you inserted in this thread quite some time ago, please consider giving her "real" hair!!!
Real hair has a problem. Settings. Owners need some amount fair skills to maintain the character's hairdo. Currently, most manufacturers are leaning to using rooted hair with long hair style (so the head can move).

I, myself, don't see Uhura needs rooted hair, but couple replaceable hair pieces.

I only see her body as the most important part, and not cheap to make because the cost is difficult to amortize with small quantities comparing to other figures.

Real hair has a problem. Settings. Owners need some amount fair skills to maintain the character's hairdo. Currently, most manufacturers are leaning to using rooted hair with long hair style (so the head can move).

I, myself, don't see Uhura needs rooted hair, but couple replaceable hair pieces.

I only see her body as the most important part, and not cheap to make because the cost is difficult to amortize with small quantities comparing to other figures.

Agreed! I loathe doll hair with a passion although I accept that female characters with long hair require it. If your plastic hair gets dusty, just wipe off the dust. If your doll hair gets dusty you ends up with stray hair everywhere. I feel your pain regarding Uhura's body. Alternate hair pieces would be cool!

The Windstorm body with slightly narrower shoulders would not look too bad compared to the others although she's a bit pale and presently stuffed in her boots with no feet to make her shorter. A standard body with darker skin and shorter legs would probably do in a pinch.

Back