QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,
I like her she looks great and a perfect place holder until a true sixth scale will is made. BTW - What boots did you use? I like to see if PHICEN/TBLeague has a body that could be used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Jase25,

The boots are from the Hot Toys Sleepy Hollow Icahbod Crane figure from many years ago. I had been using them on my pre-QMX Star Trek figures. They're a bit big on Uhura and her legs are just jammed in there. They're better than the Barbie boots, though.

Tom

Okay? I’m just saying you act as though people are expecting a lot out of it. I know it’s not high end or up to a normal sixth scale figure, which you dislike the QMX figures anyways. I don’t even know why you post in here honestly.

If you have a problem with me and my opinions that’s okay, I could not care less. But I would never question someone why he’s posting and suggest he should not post. So, then, you are just saying... what exactly? Someone posted an image of a Play-Gorn as part of the QMx Enterprise crew. My response was in reference to that. And I offered the HCG Gorn as a much better alternative since the Play-Gorn, in my opinion, is utterly silly next to the QMx figures even though the latter are not that great. You may disagree with me. Fine. You asked me a question and I answered you. Folks like you are the reason I added my signature. Honestly. Cheers!

Correct, that is the shape of a discussion?circular. That is why anonymous meet in a circle. Break the circle and the discussion ends. A conversation is not linear or a one-way street. Anything else you care to share about them ST figs.?
You certainly are something else NCC. Some next level trolling, sir. My hats off to you for driving away the conversation. Carry on.

If you have a problem with me and my opinions that?s okay, I could not care less. But I would never question someone why he?s posting and suggest he should not post.

It?s not your opinions, dude, it?s your level of maturity expressing them. The other posters who aren?t happy with QMx don?t get called out regularly on here the way you do, so it?s obviously not your opinions.

I agree with some of your opinions, i just think you make discourse less enjoyable.

That?s my opinion. Don?t like it? I could care less.

Also, you have questioned several times why folks return to this thread that you deem pointless (never mind your frequent visits). That is absolutely questioning why many people post here.

I get you don?t see it that way, man. See the first line of my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You certainly are something else NCC. Some next level trolling, sir. My hats off to you for driving away the conversation. Carry on.

Really, sir! As you were. And remember, no matter where you go, there you are. And here you are.

It?s not your opinions, dude, it?s your level of maturity expressing them. The other posters who aren?t happy with QMx don?t get called out regularly on here the way you do, so it?s obviously not your opinions.

I agree with some of your opinions, i just think you make discourse less enjoyable.

That?s my opinion. Don?t like it? I could care less.

Also, you have questioned several times why folks return to this thread that you deem pointless (never mind your frequent visits). That is absolutely questioning why many people post here.

I get you don?t see it that way, man. See the first line of my post.

Sorry, do you mean to say you are “calling me out”? Well, bully for you. Still, I can’t say I know what your opinion is, other than you don’t like my method of discourse and my level of maturity. And I don’t go stalking and digging up old posts so I cannot speak to whatever point you are trying to make about me and my past sins. Perhaps my signature might be helpful to you; or at the very least my hope would be that it may inject a little more joy in our discourse.

Early days without uniforms or the right bodies but these have potential! _20200827_171006.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0699.jpg
    DSC_0699.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 132
Actually thinking about it, Decker is tall and Chekov is short. Which bodies with necks would people recommend compared to the existing Qmx ones? Chekov's head would need to sit low on the neck as well.

Is Chekov's body a slim one? and short or regular tall? What brand?

I believe that a custom Koenig sculpt has been teased. I'm just trying to get ahead of the game. I've always said I would buy whatever QMX makes but I need to hedge my bets. I'm not a young man lol.

I would assume that the Sulu body would do for Chekov but it will need a neck. I'm just not sure which body it is and which neck would go with it.

I would assume that the Sulu body would do for Chekov but it will need a neck. I'm just not sure which body it is and which neck would go with it.

Sulu's body is very much like this Ganghood 2.0 'Bruce Lee' muscle body:

GH-528x668.jpg

Picard's was very similar, if not the same. Both had their rubber necks cut off, of course.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=980&search=ganghood

EDIT:

I found Sulu to be too tall, so removed the extensions from the bottom of the legs:

GH-528x668.jpg

Without ankle pegs that made him 5' 6". Walter Koenig was supposedly the same height as George Takei:

https://www.celebheights.com/s/George-Takei-1372.html

https://www.celebheights.com/s/Walter-Koenig-4028.html

Back