QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vitreol was in your assumption of direct intent to disparage you from my quoted words, and then the wounded sarcasm with the please enlighten we loyal blind people bit.

And progress on to have a veiled dig at my ego statements to try and imply a flawed character trait,which I addressed where I have stated I am just as guilty of egotistical behaviour,but try and learn from the bruising where I can, but Iwill offer a defence if I believe it is warranted.

You took direct offense when none was intended toward you directly or indirectly and the thought it needed the added sardonic wit to enforce your point....vitriolic...

But hey ho you carry on its your opinion and mistaken belief that you were pointed out for direct criticism and you are free to hold that opinion as I am free to offer oppostion and debate to it.

Well, you replied to my comment, quoted it, and then said "to blindly believe that Mr Tam is above criticism or reproach doesnt help growth but reinforces egos that may need a little reduction in size to progress in future." And then you said you respected my loyalty. So who else would you be referring to? No one here, I would expect, is blindly following anyone else.

The "veiled dig" and whatever you mean by "imply a flawed character trait" - I have no idea what you are talking about. I was honestly asking why you are attacking a man's character when no one has all the facts. I am honestly curious about what you think it will accomplish. Unless you are not out to accomplish anything and are just venting.

But thank you for all your colorful adjectives about me, my thoughts, and my intentions.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Well, you replied to my comment, quoted it, and then said "to blindly believe that Mr Tam is above criticism or reproach doesnt help growth but reinforces egos that may need a little reduction in size to progress in future." And then you said you respected my loyalty. So who else would you be referring to? No one here, I would expect, is blindly following anyone else.

The "veiled dig" and whatever you mean by "imply a flawed character trait" - I have no idea what you are talking about. I was honestly asking why you are attacking a man's character when no one has all the facts. I am honestly curious about what you think it will accomplish. Unless you are not out to accomplish anything and are just venting.

But thank you for all your colorful adjectives about me, my thoughts, and my intentions.

You are more than welcome.

I used a sweeping generalisation regarding blind loyalty in the opening, and then praised your opinion and loyalty at the end regarding your view and even said ( genuinly and not sarcastically) being honestly complementary to your view, which you conveniently omitted from this reply for the sake of your narrative .

So is it you that is just wanting to vent perchance?

And I do respect your loyalty to say you have no loyalty is an oxymoron as you have shown all the things toward criticism of Mr Tam that define loyalty. Support and allegience,how on earth it can be construed as a bad thing to have and somehow think I implied it as highly critical of you beggars beleif.

I merely mean that sometimes an unwavering beleif that what we are told is truth depends upon your take on that truth and whos truth Is the real truth...its subjective and can be looked at differently and objectively in my lowly opinion...

Im nothing if not a rainbow of adjectives...

And you see context, you took my words again and took offence and are amazed when someone else takes your words to mean what you say you didnt imply.

Horses for courses but you are free to be unwaivering in your opinion of the truth equally without all the facts.

And it is not an intentional character assasination but an observation I have made and assumption from quotes he has posted especially recently,again subjective and just saying in life Egos can hinder.

As I say I have been guilty of it and have subjected others to it and openly admit egotistical behaviour in the past and in some regards often, but I can self reflect on it, have you been guilty of egotistical behaviour? Or are you above that.

Assumptions can be drawn on all sides dont get too upset More important things to worry about bless us all.

Don’ worry, be happy. And remember you can’t take this **** with you. So, everybody get some perspective, chill your jets, buy this molded plastic if it pleases you or don’t if it doesn’t. QMx doesn’t care as they have more plentiful fish to fry, Mr. Tam will continue to wrestle with his own Demons and post here when he feels the need to vent and purge, and his disciples will continue to bow down and burn the fatted calf in hopes of more idols to come. Cheers!

Don? worry, be happy. And remember you can?t take this **** with you. So, everybody get some perspective, chill your jets, buy this molded plastic if it pleases you or don?t if it doesn?t. QMx doesn?t care as they have more plentiful fish to fry, Mr. Tam will continue to wrestle with his own Demons and post here when he feels the need to vent and purge, and his disciples will continue to bow down and burn the fatted calf in hopes of more idols to come. Cheers!
Im not sure I read this anywhere yet ... did you like the bodies on these figures? 😉

This thread...

FF3CB31B-FA80-4B14-9F48-71E91B7EC549.jpeg

Or maybe as a cadet, as seen in Nemesis?

View attachment 492748

Young Picard as in the TNG episode Rascals where he is turned into a child again...?

Neither, actually! I saw a picture on BossLogic's Instagram (not his work though) of if McAvoy played a Young Picard, and I have a bald McAvoy head around I'm not using. I thought it might be fun to put one together.

Neither, actually! I saw a picture on BossLogic's Instagram (not his work though) of if McAvoy played a Young Picard, and I have a bald McAvoy head around I'm not using. I thought it might be fun to put one together.

I remember seeing a fairly recent article where McAvoy declared that he would be onboard if they ever needed an actor to play young Picard...so who knows....how about that Tom Hardy though...he is like a one person comic book and sci fi convention. He has played (Mad)Max Rockatansky, Picard, Bane, and Venom! That is a lot of pop culture for one person!

I need an Uhura body, and I guess it is between Triad toys or undertaking the dye method with a phicen body, which sounds like I'd probably ruin several trying to learn so that's a lot of $$$.

Does anyone have a Triad body? Do you recommend/ not recommend them? They don't get stellar reviews but they are the only female African American bodies i can find.

I need an Uhura body, and I guess it is between Triad toys or undertaking the dye method with a phicen body, which sounds like I'd probably ruin several trying to learn so that's a lot of $$$.

Does anyone have a Triad body? Do you recommend/ not recommend them? They don't get stellar reviews but they are the only female African American bodies i can find.

The Triad body is fine. It's just that it's really old at this point, kinda old-fashioned. The hobby has moved on and wants more out of a base body. As far as it's functions go, it will serve you well, you won't worry about loose joints or anything like that. The one good thing about it is you can pop the arms out at the shoulders and the legs at the hips, and replace them easily. It helps when dressing the figures. If they ever feel loose, usually you just have to push those sockets further onto the peg, and that tightens them up.

The Triad body is fine. It's just that it's really old at this point, kinda old-fashioned. The hobby has moved on and wants more out of a base body. As far as it's functions go, it will serve you well, you won't worry about loose joints or anything like that. The one good thing about it is you can pop the arms out at the shoulders and the legs at the hips, and replace them easily. It helps when dressing the figures. If they ever feel loose, usually you just have to push those sockets further onto the peg, and that tightens them up.

The Triad body isn't seamless, so the hinges would be showing underneath the black pantyhose. I myself am considering to build a female crew member and I'd chose seamless Phicen S29B. It fits, apart from the skin color and the bust size, Uhura had lovely chunky thighs, so the Phicen would match. The issue with Uhura is that Phicen does not provide the right skin color and I have no idea how to treat the surface of the Phicen body to match Uhura's color.

GIN007: Do you have the right red fabric for your Uhura matching Scotty's red tunic ? I don't have Scotty yet, so I cannot compare, judging from photos is quite hazardous as the color changes due to lighting. I am afraid that if both tunics have different red shades it would look weird.

What head do you have for Uhura, the Barbie one?

To be honest we have no idea what you are on about we have only had one conversation with QMX who approached us very early on about distribution. But we said to them they already had a distribution deal in place and they were quite frankly bigger and better distribution house, after all we are just a retailer/manufacturer not a distributor. We wouldn't want to muddy the waters as they say. So don't know why they would say that.

We have always got our QMX stock from multiple distributors they use. Nanjin posted about Scotty and Sulu about them being all sold out and that the run is not continuing I think that was before CNY? We have been waiting and waiting and so have the customers as they have seen them out in the wild. We had confirmation from both of the distribution houses that they will not be receiving any stock of Scotty and Sulu which pretty much confirmed everything that Nanjin said about the run.

Thanks for the response.

I remember talking to QMx some years ago and they stated they do not/and never will supply BCS direct. Why that is I have absolutely no idea. However we are The Ambassador company to QMx in the UK and obtain stock direct from them and we have not been informed of anything like this. With timezones in play Ill reach out to QMx a bit later on to see what is what :)

Don't forget the chair.

Marine Boy, yes, you are right, I should have bought the chair, too, and I actually did, and I am very happy with it although I never schemed to build the bridge around it. I'd rather build the auxiliary room... to which I need to construct the proper chairs.

Opinion piece:Lets address the elephant in the room.
Mr Nanjin Tam may have overeached himself,and also contradicts himself in threads here.
Everything seems to be QMX fault yet Mr Tam regularly trots out that he wanted to take over part of production, from sculpts to bodies etc in the hunt for savings.
Then when that may have put the factories noses out of joint he has to get production going again in house, he says he heroicly gave painting responsibilites etc to what he called disableds,a tad incensitive .

He then said his strategy was to limit Sulu production to get interest goung in one breath, then says in the other that it wasnt his fault there werent enough Sulus.

Which is it,sometimes his explanations and threads make no sense and seem a little incoherant.

You can imagine a buisness being a tad annoyed that a production employee may have decided to try and go outside their already agreed production facilities and try and source elsewhere in a bid to cement themselves as a New kid on the block, which unfortunately didnt pay off.

It seems there may have been mistakes made on both sides and i can see both sides, but lets not forget Mr Tam was the production lead and the buck unfortunately rests there.

Dreams and realities blur and over eager or over zealous attempts to fulfill them with your own ego outstripping the harsh realities of the buisness practices of certain companies has consequences.
Then personal egos get bruised, and the reality that you are a small fish in a big pond dawn on you.

Valiant effort but factories and companies with more bankable franchises to their name were bound to win and i would imagine QMX are probably having to build new relationships within the 1/6th manufacturing community to even begin production again.
But thats just an opinion and Iam in no way a clairvoyant of what actually happened and feel free to berate me for it or indeed put me straight and in my place.
Surprising, most if not all Investors didn't see it this way. I am talking about major investors.

NetDragon last offered, if I took responsibility in the future of the company, they would draft contract immediately.

In terms of production quality. In 2016, I only had 4 months yo produce 6000+ figures from scratch.

Then NONE of the plans were impremented or follow through after that in all phase if the business model.

If I didn't step in at McCoy release (I stopped their intended quantities), trek would had stopped there.

Lastly, i was only have very limited (even lower than bootleggers) resources and support for ALL production. (If I had my own body to use, everything would be different)

If my hands and legs are not tide up, I strongly believe Trek would be up at the top of the list in terms of quality.

After all, if I didn't post any possible threat, HotToys wouldn't even worry about QMx. I must be doing something right.

All in all, 1/6 Trek is moving back to its correct direction because I refused to stop fighting. If I gave up last year, a lot of people will not have their fun.

There could be some good news coming, and I hope you will change your mind after that.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The Triad body isn't seamless, so the hinges would be showing underneath the black pantyhose. I myself am considering to build a female crew member and I'd chose seamless Phicen S29B. It fits, apart from the skin color and the bust size, Uhura had lovely chunky thighs, so the Phicen would match. The issue with Uhura is that Phicen does not provide the right skin color and I have no idea how to treat the surface of the Phicen body to match Uhura's color.

GIN007: Do you have the right red fabric for your Uhura matching Scotty's red tunic ? I don't have Scotty yet, so I cannot compare, judging from photos is quite hazardous as the color changes due to lighting. I am afraid that if both tunics have different red shades it would look weird.

What head do you have for Uhura, the Barbie one?

Thanks for the phicen suggestion. I haven't bought any female bodies, so idk which models are any good. The bust sizes are definitely egregiously frightening on some models. I also looked at the Pop Toys small bust super flexible model, but painting a harder plastic body doesn't look fantastic and the paint rubs on the hands, which is why i was hoping to use an already colored body with matching hands. Would the Triad body hands work (the connectors) with a Phicen? At the least, it would solve the hands problem.

If you search for dying phicen bodies, there was a pretty good thread on doing it recently. You use Rit Dye (synthetic i think but you'd have to check the thread), widely available. It would be a mix of the chocolate and red for African American, and you submerge the body multiple times. Some of the results are quite good. Also, Jacob Rahmeier posted a tutorial on his Patreon last year for dying a phicen body blue for Mr. Freeze using that Rit Dye, so same process but different color.

I have a custom head I bought, as yet unpainted. I'm just going to use the playmate's dress for now as I have a million other custom projects I'm working on ahead of this one unfortunately. Once you get your Scotty, if you are planning on that, it shouldn't be too hard to find a fabric near its color range at your local fabric store because they usually have a pretty good range of red hues. In this photo, the barbie dress looks like it isn't too far off, but as you say, with internet photos and different monitors, its hard to say.
26c9719a7d2647646d80e7936e57e275.jpg

Back