QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the refit Enterprise. It’s pretty nice for what it is. I’ve thought about buying some more but I’ve resisted as I don’t need something else to collect. :lol

I just finished Enterprise season one, WOW! I didn't watch it when it aired in 2001 but I have LOVED it since I've been home on temporary layoff. Very much true to TOS, sad it only lasted four seasons but jazzed I got three more seasons to watch. I think I remember nanjin posting picture of Captain Archer.

I know this does not belong on this thread but I was wondering if anyone knew of a thread re: Eaglemoss Star Trek ships? Couldn't find one.

Originally it was talked about a bit in this thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62669
But the conversation has moved on a bit, I don't think I've talked about them since the line first launched. A new thread wouldn't be a bad idea.

They're okay, I hate the reliance on cheap diecast, it reduces the detail without adding anything of value. The paint on these can always be better, the Star Trek Online ships though have excellent paint. I have the first XL Enterprise, not worth the extra cost, the paint is off register and the stand is more useless than it is on the smaller ships despite being absolutely necessary to display the ship (heavy and a bit fragile). The larger specials are pretty good, the shuttles feel like a ripoff for the price.
I stopped collecting the line around issue 110, couldn't afford to collect them anymore.
I think for anyone that's interested in these, get the ships that are most appealing to you first unless you want a massive display of Star Trek ships where a few designs are a lot to be desired.

Last edited:
Everyone has it. The original mold wasnt the best at the time.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
Unless you are going to sleep with him, you won't notice a minor blemish when he's on the shelf. Even if you are going to sleep with him ( he is Kirk after all) you'll learn to love him with all his flaws.

Things like this are why retailers make it harder and harder for customers with real problems to get returns or exchanges...personally I would hold that Kirk close and run.

Agree. Crikey... put the microscope away and enjoy the figure. Kirk is awesome... pose him up and have some fun. Take him outside and pretend a Gorn is chasing him. Forget the blemish on his TINY 1/6 ear.

I have the refit Enterprise. It?s pretty nice for what it is. I?ve thought about buying some more but I?ve resisted as I don?t need something else to collect. :lol

I have a bunch:

Enterprise NCC-1701 11-inch XL Edition
Enterprise NCC-1701-A 10.5-inch XL Edition
Enterprise NX-01 8.5-inch XL Edition
2009 movie Enterprise NCC-1701 Special Edition
U.S.S. Kelvin Special Edition
Spock's Jellyfish Special Edition
Klingon Bird-of-Prey 9-inch XL Edition
1979 movie Klingon K't'inga-Class Battle Cruiser 8-inch XL Edition
Galileo TOS Shuttle
Galileo 1979 Movie Shuttle
Antares (NCC-501) (Small)(Charlie X)
Romulan BoP (Small)
NASA Orbital Vehicle OV-165

They're all terrific looking in my opinion! The best for their scale by far. But I am trying to limit my collection to the following, otherwise there's no end to it:

• ST TOS
  • ST TOS-cast related movies
  • ST Enterprise
  • ST Kelvin Timeline

Still waiting and hoping for the release of an XL Klingon D7 Battlecruiser and XL Romulan BoP from TOS.

I’m no fan of TNG, DS9, Voyager, Discovery, or the non-TOS-cast movies so that helps to thin the herd.

I have a bunch...

I don't want to side-track this thread further but just want to mention that I started with just the different "Enterprise" renditions. Then I added a few Federation ships and seeing that things were getting out of hand, I stopped.

But I have a bud that has most of the entire collection so far and it is quite impressive.

IMG_3422 sm.jpg
IMG_3423 sm.jpg
IMG_3424 sm.jpg
IMG_3425 sm.jpg

The coolest thing about the eaglemoss collection is how deep theyve gone. I cant imagine they sell nearly as many of the more obscure ships as they do the iconic ones, but they keep plugin away at it. Any ship thats ever been on screen in a Star Trek series or film seems to be fair game, which is awesome.

Edit: or video game or concept sketch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that this might not be the right thread, but does anyone know a discussion forum on how to build Enterprise and Galileo 7 TOS chairs (not the captain's one, it's from QMX allright) and interiors? I'm expecting my QMX Kirk & Spock and I would like to put them in a self made Galileo 7 interior...
Thank you.

I know that this might not be the right thread, but does anyone know a discussion forum on how to build Enterprise and Galileo 7 TOS chairs (not the captain's one, it's from QMX allright) and interiors? I'm expecting my QMX Kirk & Spock and I would like to put them in a self made Galileo 7 interior...
Thank you.

Do you have plans?
Or pics?
Have you built scratchbuilt models before?

Thank you.

Just as a side note: I don’t believe Kirk was ever inside a shuttlecraft in TOS.

Back