QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now there's a new Ebay listing for McCoy for a BIN of $420 plus $20 s/h. Currently the only one! And he's NOT even the exclusive version. :panic:
That sucks. If you look at sold items there were some sold for under $300 back in December and January. Now people who want to unload are probably going to milk as much as they can. Guess I’ll keep watching it just not have a McCoy.

That sucks. If you look at sold items there were some sold for under $300 back in December and January. Now people who want to unload are probably going to milk as much as they can. Guess I?ll keep watching it just not have a McCoy.

Well, you can always start with the empty box for a mere $60 delivered from Portugal with love: https://www.ebay.com/itm/QUANTUM-ME...230673?hash=item2f3bd447d1:g:ep4AAOSwlmxZbpd- :lol

And then there’s the true Trekkie selling “Doctor” Spock... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Spock-S...3d2e796:g:RUYAAOSw9-JeLzfC&LH_ItemCondition=3

Well, the HCG statue of McCoy that I bought on Ebay turned out to be a bust! It was advertised as BRAND NEW IN UNOPENED MANUFACTURERS PACKAGING! But it was used, handled, the wall behind McCoy has dirt/smudges/stains, scrapes and scratches. The hole on the base for the peg of the statue shows use-damage so it was clearly a displayed item that had been repackaged and resealed and sold as NEW! Really burns me up! Seller refuses to accept a return so I'm dealing with Ebay and PayPal on that now. So, dunno what I'm gonna do for a 1/6 McCoy at this point. Maybe another look at a QMx Bones with muscles if I win the lottery or rob a bank!

After getting the Kirk and Spock two pack from Bbts two weeks ago i found the captains chair for 75 bucks at Newegg.

How could I resist!

I really really would like McCoy but not at the ridiculous prices they are getting at the moment.

So if just these 3 pieces end up represting Star Trek in my collection then so be it.

Spock standing faithfully next to Kirk seated in his chair is not only awesome but dare i say it, iconic IMO

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

After getting the Kirk and Spock two pack from Bbts two weeks ago i found the captains chair for 75 bucks at Newegg.

How could I resist!

I really really would like McCoy but not at the ridiculous prices they are getting at the moment.

So if just these 3 pieces end up represting Star Trek in my collection then so be it.

Spock standing faithfully next to Kirk seated in his chair is not only awesome but dare i say it, iconic IMO

Well done! Sounds great! I’m in the same boat. I do have Scotty on a PO from BBTS but I’m not optimistic that will ever come to pass.

Ideally one needs the triumvirate: Kirk in his chair, Spock to his right and McCoy to his left. Done.
I think McCoy prices will come down in the secondary market once the excitement over the Kirk and Spock rerelease settles down and we get a definative decision from qmx that they are done with releasing figures.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Hi all, new member here and collect the QMx ST figures. I have been constantly on the qmx about the second wave release of Sulu and Scotty here in the uk and europe. Finally has a reply stating......." We are still planning on delivering these figures, however for the moment they have been delayed for an indefinite period of time. Unfortunately I cannot share further details. As soon as we have further details, we will announce them on social media. If you so choose, you can contact the retailer your placed the pre-order from to get a refund".

So, it doesn't look good for collectors who have neither figure. Speaking to people in the know, they have stated the two figures will never be made by QMx as
1 They are more focused on their Q-series statues.
2. They don't have the Sulu bodies for the figure
3. The Sulu body moulds are probably passed their best and will require to be manufactured/re-cast again

Even though they weren't figures I was overly excited about, it still ticks me off that they can't at least honor the preorders people like me already made. They should be doing everything in their power to get those out, but instead it feels like they couldn't be bothered. And it's clear that was their attitude long before the coronavirus and factory delays.

Yep totally agreed. It’s also wrong for retailers to still be taking pre-orders in my opinion. They should be reaching out to QMX as well for an update and passing that along to consumers instead of just keeping pre-orders open on products that may or may not release.

If Sulu's body is a problem, just sell me his head and clothes at reduced price. I'll find a body myself.
Yeah, I really don’t get why the body issues are something that seem to be brought up often as issues holding back these figures. There are lots of options out there for sixth scale bodies now days, and of the figures released many people don’t seem satisfied by the bodies used anyways. The only reason it matters a bit got some figures is the skin tone, but realistically if the hands are the right tone and the head is I don’t really care what’s underneath that badly as they’ll be wearing clothes anyways.

Totally agree, and am also more than a bit miffed that if this is true, planet action figures hasn't let us know and offered the full refund. So not just QMX dropping the ball with customer service and satisfaction. I wont be buying anything made by QMX in the future, gone are the days when integrity and pride drove a companies business strategy a real shower of shxt. I now understand why previous employees left from their artisan lines too, business model all wrong and now gone down the linene of low end collectables with yet another Niche only clientele. Clearly the company will be assigned to mediocratiy.

Sigh..

As depressed as I am that this line is pretty much dead in the water...I'm even more depressed that high end sixthscale production is gonna continue on unchanged.

Everything nanjin was telling us made it seem like he was gonna usher in a new age of toy manufacturing. Lower costs, relatively shorter wait times, all with no impact to quality.

I harbor no hatred towards HT. They still make nice things every now and then. What I DO hate is their arrogance, consistent prices hikes, and especially their dirty methods to eliminate the competition. I was TRULY hoping nanjin, his team, and plan would shake things up.

Competition is healthy. But when someone has a stranglehold on something, it'll do more harm than good.

Man this is frustrating.

While they lasted the Trek figures were really great. Actually what QMX was doing in general was great. Quality releases, under $200 each, came with a fair amount of accessories, and they usually were ready to go in a short period after going up for pre-order.

Yeah but it seems clear now that Nanjin was the one who made most of that happen. Without him, QMX seems completely lost about how to get anything done.

I really wish they'd set aside their differences and keep working at it.

The way i see it is:

Not every movie is gonna be "Endgame", where it crushes box office numbers, merch is 'flying' off the shelves.

But for every "Endgame", we get smaller, more personal, critically acclaimed movies like parasite.

That's how I see it. Trek was never gonna do marvel numbers, but the quality and prestige is there. All it has to do is enough to make investors happy.

While they lasted the Trek figures were really great. Actually what QMX was doing in general was great. Quality releases, under $200 each, came with a fair amount of accessories, and they usually were ready to go in a short period after going up for pre-order.

Exactly my point! I'm still in awe at the quality and price. It seems surreal.

No hyperbole, but I would always at the Trek figures and just crack a smile, thinking "damn...these look so damned good".

The thing about them too is that you know damn well Hot Toys wouldn’t have made half the figures QMX did. I could totally see it where if Hot Toys or another company got the Star Trek license we probably would have gotten Kirk and Spock and that probably would have been that. Now a lot of that probably can be credited to Nanjin, but any way you look at it getting six TOS figures and the chair as well as Picard is a decent lineup. Obviously I want more and I wish I could get some of the pieces I’m missing, but people who were collecting can’t be overly upset with what they got in my opinion.

Back