QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of you, take it off the thread please.

Anybody have a lead on a reissue Kirk at a sane price?
I’ve seen some but the price is near what BBTS is charging for the two pack (Kirk and Spock).

I gotta tell you that I find no problem with the bodies. If they bother you then no sweat, but I'm cool either way. As you can see, my Mccoy is a custom on some cheap body. Doesn't bother me a bit. I'm just happy to have the majority of the crew in 6 scale. If some company makes better figures or completes the crew I'll give them a look but I'm quite happy with these in the interim.

I wish I felt the same way because as a die-hard TOS fan I really wanted to love these. The head sculpts, although not spot on, are good enough for a serious collectible, but the bodies on all of them just look like toys befitting almost a generic 1/12 action figure. The HCG polystone statues of a few years ago had spot on bodies but the head likenesses suffered. I realize statues are much easier to produce with correct bodies, of course.

Thank you very much! :duff
That would be only 100 shy of the two pack unfortunately. Blah-must keep looking.

FWIW, i just sold an open, briefly displayed Kirk exclusive (w/ Phaser Rifle) first edition for $399

You might want to jump on NCC?s useful link while you can.

NCC: bygones?

2f8cb735e125c18476e0afa1477e640a.jpg

(not a great trek movie, i know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a number of posts on potential substitute bodies for the, let's say, "beefier" of the TOS figures. I am waiting on a few to arrive, two made by Zy Toys and one by a World Box. What substitute bodies have folks used to better match the actors' builds?

I'm really interested in any attempt to have Bones McCoy look better with a slim body, so please show us your results, folks!

I am quite satisfied with Spock body V2 and even with Kirk body V2 even if his shoulders are a little bit too narrow compared to Spock.

I am watching the dispute between some of the members here, might be the result of some frustration, frustration I perfectly understand regarding the all too bad news or myths of a discontinuation of QMX Stare Trek TOS. (All I can say that as a ST TOS freak since my youth I would deeply regret the discontinuation... )

To the bunch of squabblers here: It does hurt your opponent and bothers the others.

Do bury the hatchet, please!!!!

I am watching the dispute between some of the members here, might be the result of some frustration, frustration I perfectly understand regarding the all too bad news or myths of a discontinuation of QMX Stare Trek TOS. (All I can say that as a ST TOS freak since my youth I would deeply regret the discontinuation... )

To the bunch of squabblers here: It does hurt your opponent and bothers the others.

Do bury the hatchet, please!!!!

Not sure if it?s squabblers as much as mostly everyone on the thread wanting to discuss the figures and getting exhausted with frequent and repetitive negative posts that do nothing to advance the discussion.

Not sure if it?s squabblers as much as mostly everyone on the thread wanting to discuss the figures and getting exhausted with frequent and repetitive negative posts that do nothing to advance the discussion.
BoldMarvelousFlea-size_restricted.gif

You should venture over to the DC threads for a real treat. I get the world is weird right now but people need to be nicer to one another.

I just got the Zy Toys and World Box bodies. Despite them being described as "narrow shoulder" bodies, they both have broader shoulders than McCoys original body. The World Box body has a unique shoulder joint that would make modifying it hard. I may try grinding down the Zy Toys body, now that I have it. I'll try to take some pictures to compare. Maybe the Picard body? I replaced the body on that figure because it didn't fill out the uniform top very well.

Tom

Yes my life feels on hold waiting for some news on 1/6 Trek, either Uhura or Nanjin's slimmer bodies.

In the meantime it there are custom heads for Khambatta and Collins potentially coming up, which Qmx were really unlikely to do even with Nanjin behind them. At least that keeps me ticking over.

In my opinion, the most constructive discussion is to start a petition with the fans and friends to send to Trek Franchise to let me have the 1/6 license.

I have stronger financial background than most POP companies, and I hold production leverage when most companies have to go through a trading company or agent. Plus, i know most if not all uniforms standards by heart, not to mention i know EXACTLY what YOU want.

I also believe i have the strongest Marketing mind set than most pop merchandisers out there (I masterminded Victoria Secret Grand Opening in Asia in 2012 under iMedia. I was never in this field.)

I also lined up and coordinate the VR joint venture between Sony Playstation and NetDragon (again, I was never in this field)

Most important of all, i have been examining the Trek market for 7 years, and still constantly running any possible senerios in mind on a 24/7 basis.

I am seriously intended to use EVERYTHING I knew in my past and learn EVERYTHING that is needed to make 1/6 Trek successful.

I was only able to use one hand on 1/6 Trek since 2016. I strongly believe if my other hand, my legs and my body is not restrained, I can create lines of Iconic 1/6 Trek Collectibles in the most effective and efficient ways, and bring to the friends with the most affordable and above most dollar-to-value 1/6 scale qualities.

Start a petition, be one of my boss (all customers are my bosses)

Convince CBS that I am the best mate for their 1/6 Trek. I will treat her as part of me, and will never let her down in any difficult times, and which I had proven in the past 11 years.
a6921dfb77ebdeea330e6a5aff434330.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
In my opinion, the most constructive discussion is to start a petition with the fans and friends to send to Trek Franchise to let me have the 1/6 license.

I have stronger financial background than most POP companies, and I hold production leverage when most companies have to go through a trading company or agent. Plus, i know most if not all uniforms standards by heart, not to mention i know EXACTLY what YOU want.

I also believe i have the strongest Marketing mind set than most pop merchandisers out there (I masterminded Victoria Secret Grand Opening in Asia in 2012 under iMedia. I was never in this field.)

I also lined up and coordinate the VR joint venture between Sony Playstation and NetDragon (again, I was never in this field)

Most important of all, i have been examining the Trek market for 7 years, and still constantly running any possible senerios in mind on a 24/7 basis.

I am seriously intended to use EVERYTHING I knew in my past and learn EVERYTHING that is needed to make 1/6 Trek successful.

I was only able to use one hand on 1/6 Trek since 2016. I strongly believe if my other hand, my legs and my body is not restrained, I can create lines of Iconic 1/6 Trek Collectibles in the most effective and efficient ways, and bring to the friends with the most affordable and above most dollar-to-value 1/6 scale qualities.

Start a petition, be one of my boss (all customers are my bosses)

Convince CBS that I am the best mate for their 1/6 Trek. I will treat her as part of me, and will never let her down in any difficult times, and which I had proven in the past 11 years.
a6921dfb77ebdeea330e6a5aff434330.jpg

That would be a dream come true for most of us here Nanjin. Have you considered partnering with a more collector friendly company that would be more likely to take on a less mainstream license like Trek. Hot Toys would obviously not care because they are only interested in licenses under the Disney or DC banners. Asmus immediately comes to mind as a great fit. They seem aligned with your vision. It would be amazing if you partnered with them on the license.

Well, you have my vote Nanjin.
Any specific email we should address?

Someone if not Nanjin himself should coordinate that petition. I was already prepared to subscribe to a subscription list, now I am also prepared to join that petition.

Nanjin, what do you need from me apart from my email address you alreday have...?

That would be a dream come true for most of us here Nanjin. Have you considered partnering with a more collector friendly company that would be more likely to take on a less mainstream license like Trek. Hot Toys would obviously not care because they are only interested in licenses under the Disney or DC banners. Asmus immediately comes to mind as a great fit. They seem aligned with your vision. It would be amazing if you partnered with them on the license.
I am very realistic about business modeling. The way I see it after 4 years on the field, i concluded that anyone go into 1/6 Trek will end-up dropping it eventually because:

other name brand franchises are simply more profitable

Any company who wish to be successful in ?general? scifi merchandising WILL make this logical choice, including me.

The business must function within the Trek total market economy of scale. Once you venture outside of Trek, you will see a lot more opportunities. Any organism or business needs to expand or face extinction (i am a trek dude)

....faithful in Trek while trying to do other name brands will take you down. You have to give up Trek eventually. No other way to make more money, and prevent from losing.

1/6 is a bug hole, (i don't do other 1/6 then i won't have this problem)

I am working with a CBS international vendor, they have louder voice than me.

Back