QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully CGI will advance enough in our lifetimes that we can see a younger Shatner/Kirk wearing that uniform in a time travel story or just new episodes of the original crew.
Something like Final Fantasy, Ready Player One high tech cgi animation would be really cool. Any Trek can cross with each other

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Something like Final Fantasy, Ready Player One high tech cgi animation would be really cool. Any Trek can cross with each other

I remember hearing a rumor some time ago that Paramount had plans to remaster the animated series into a much higher quality CGIish/Pixarish release, too bad that didn?t seem to *ahem* materialize.

CGI doesn't address the vocal track problems. In the late 90s there was a big push to use existing vocal tracks of deceased actors to help create new vocal tracks in their voice, but it brought up a lot of ethical and copyright problems. That effort disappeared presumably due to legal troubles.

CGI doesn't address the vocal track problems. In the late 90s there was a big push to use existing vocal tracks of deceased actors to help create new vocal tracks in their voice, but it brought up a lot of ethical and copyright problems. That effort disappeared presumably due to legal troubles.

Yeah I have downloaded software that can allegedly mimic voices based on snippets of recorded dialogue although I have yet to work out how to use it. I have no experience with Python. It will take a shed load of memory.

My goal is to create my own personal edit of TMP with a couple of extra scenes, including the Memory Wall. I have very limited experience of editing so it will be a hatchet job but then I only have to please myself.

Yeah I have downloaded software that can allegedly mimic voices based on snippets of recorded dialogue although I have yet to work out how to use it. I have no experience with Python. It will take a shed load of memory.

My goal is to create my own personal edit of TMP with a couple of extra scenes, including the Memory Wall. I have very limited experience of editing so it will be a hatchet job but then I only have to please myself.
Use my figures [emoji4]

As far as outfits I’ve grown to really like the ones in The Motion Picture. Especially Kirk’s Admiral uniform (the white and darker gray one). They’re very simplistic but have a uniqueness about them as they weren’t used again.

I remember hearing a rumor some time ago that Paramount had plans to remaster the animated series into a much higher quality CGIish/Pixarish release, too bad that didn?t seem to *ahem* materialize.

Never thought of that- all the original stories plus TOS actor's voices- it would be AMAZING! Darn now I want it!

As far as outfits I’ve grown to really like the ones in The Motion Picture. Especially Kirk’s Admiral uniform (the white and darker gray one). They’re very simplistic but have a uniqueness about them as they weren’t used again.

Yeah they were pretty bland looking in the movie, but clearly looked amazing in figure form judging by Nanjin's proto pics.

Yeah they were pretty bland looking in the movie, but clearly looked amazing in figure form judging by Nanjin's proto pics.

The formal Admiral uniform on Kirk is the one you seem to like. That is not the typical uniform used throughout. I'm talking about the one that looks like a hospital outfit on everyone and the one we get to mostly see.

The colour scheme is very reminiscent of the Cage. I'd probably prefer to pad the shoulders, and maybe give them a collar, more like Culber's uniform in Discovery, with proper trousers like TNG and black boots. I'd also make security jump suits red, like in TSFS and to preserve the iconic deaths of redshirts. Otherwise, I'm all for them!

That Spock in meditation robes is the shiz-net!!

I suppose there's zero chance of ever getting that...

d3b225dd6f731cc5883568df47455cc1.jpg

Well, somehow, I never liked the look of TWOK and the following movies. The uniforms looked too military for me. I would have bought a TMP line completely though....

That's the exact reason I love those. :hi5: Very reminiscent of naval uniforms. We all have our odd preferences. :peace

I would bet $100 against your $5 that you would have at least Khan or a Captain Spock.

Well, as you know, I did intend to have your TMP covered.

Look back to my posts. In March 2019, i ?thought? i could finally execute one plan... preorder TMP double figures of Kirk and Spock for >$300 on Dec 6th 2019 for one day- and deliver 3 months later. I wanted to take advantage of all the bad reputation and turn it around to an advantage... I had 80% confidence that I could do it....

I prep'd everything by April 2019 including tos, twok, tng, and 7of9 (I guessed Picard would have 7 in 2017 that's why i did 7. I am a Trek ESP prophet [emoji28])

If they do well, white Med McCoy to follow. I love these.... man, they are so beautifully done with the Polaris bodies. The perfect 1/6 Trek - TMP. Of course, twok supposed to break TMP standard.

44d0f9a06fb5edad383873e34cac6276.jpg
d3b225dd6f731cc5883568df47455cc1.jpg

Oh, I probably would have bought all of the TWOK crew even though I never really liked them. They were already getting too old, but TMP? Man, that?s a grail for me!

I really hope one day Qmx looses the license and somehow, you can turn things around, either as bootlegs or on your own, or, worse, with a company that listens. Qmx is a joke of a company.

That's the exact reason I love those. :hi5: Very reminiscent of naval uniforms. We all have our odd preferences. :peace

I understand. They look good of course. But for me, red made me think of commies and I think that TOS made it clear that humanity had evolved beyond the pure military expeditionary corps and was more of a peaceful exploratory force, hence why the military outfits seemed slightly out of place for me.

I understand. They look good of course. But for me, red made me think of commies and I think that TOS made it clear that humanity had evolved beyond the pure military expeditionary corps and was more of a peaceful exploratory force, hence why the military outfits seemed slightly out of place for me.

Agreed, they grew on me but TOTAL opposite of the TOS and TMP vibe.

So there are now three McCoy figures on eBay. $499.99 (free shipping), $499.95 (plus $19.99 shipping), and $529 ($25.25 shipping). I hope all of these don’t sell. I get wanting to make a little, and of course it’s their right to do so, but these sold for like $180 originally. I hate people who take advantage of others to that extent.

I really hope one day Qmx looses the license and somehow, you can turn things around, either as bootlegs or on your own, or, worse, with a company that listens. Qmx is a joke of a company.

My thoughts exactly. What company actually issues the license? We should all appeal to them to cancel qmx?s license. Nanjin, would it help if the license were available? Do you own the rights to your prototypes so you could partner with another company?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there are now three McCoy figures on eBay. $499.99 (free shipping), $499.95 (plus $19.99 shipping), and $529 ($25.25 shipping). I hope all of these don’t sell. I get wanting to make a little, and of course it’s their right to do so, but these sold for like $180 originally. I hate people who take advantage of others to that extent.

Maybe all three will get the flu, or the Coronavirus, and die — now THAT would be karma.

Back