QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My guess is they produced more than a thousand.
No. We only made a thousand. Like I mentioned above. Khan was a test of water. His sales told us the buying behavior of the TOS line and help us navigate within the market. The company just didnt care about these info.

What I thought were important, they cared less. What i thought were nonessentials, they focused. Practically doing everything a failed 1/6 company would do.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

No. We only made a thousand. Like I mentioned above. Khan was a test of water. His sales told us the buying behavior of the TOS line and help us navigate within the market. The company just didnt care about these info.

What I thought were important, they cared less. What i thought were nonessentials, they focused. Practically doing everything a failed 1/6 company would do.

If testing the TOS market was the objective, why wouldn't the 'canary in the coal mine' be Kirk or Spock, the more popular figures? Did they want to see if the least popular figure would sell first?

If testing the TOS market was the objective, why wouldn't the 'canary in the coal mine' be Kirk or Spock, the more popular figures? Did they want to see if the least popular figure would sell first?
Like I said Plans without Execution are Thoughts.

Some even said who would want twok when there's a TOS. The greatest joke of all time. I am sure those who think like this would eventually ended up buying from ebay with 3x 4x the price.

I have plans, they have thoughts. If everything was according to my plans, Scotty and Sulu wouldnt have to experience difficulties when they were released. [emoji28]

Last edited:
Like I said Plans without Execution are Thoughts.

Some even said who would want twok when there's a TOS. The greatest joke of all time. I am sure those who think like this would eventually ended up buying from ebay with 3x 4x the price.

I have plans, they have thoughts. If everything was according to my plans, Scotty and Sulu wouldnt have to experience difficulties when they were released. [emoji28]

I'm as casual a Trek fan as they come, but even I know TWOK is huge for Trek. You could probably do the entire cast in that line and they'd probably sell.

Well, somehow, I never liked the look of TWOK and the following movies. The uniforms looked too military for me. I would have bought a TMP line completely though....

Y4C.gif

Those grey and tan leisure suits were an abomination.

Last edited:
Well, somehow, I never liked the look of TWOK and the following movies. The uniforms looked too military for me. I would have bought a TMP line completely though....
I would bet $100 against your $5 that you would have at least Khan or a Captain Spock.

Well, as you know, I did intend to have your TMP covered.

Look back to my posts. In March 2019, i ?thought? i could finally execute one plan... preorder TMP double figures of Kirk and Spock for >$300 on Dec 6th 2019 for one day- and deliver 3 months later. I wanted to take advantage of all the bad reputation and turn it around to an advantage... I had 80% confidence that I could do it....

I prep'd everything by April 2019 including tos, twok, tng, and 7of9 (I guessed Picard would have 7 in 2017 that's why i did 7. I am a Trek ESP prophet [emoji28])

If they do well, white Med McCoy to follow. I love these.... man, they are so beautifully done with the Polaris bodies. The perfect 1/6 Trek - TMP. Of course, twok supposed to break TMP standard.

44d0f9a06fb5edad383873e34cac6276.jpg
d3b225dd6f731cc5883568df47455cc1.jpg

I know many disagree but I loved the look and feel of TMP. I fully intend to get TMP uniforms for my QMX figures so that I can display them with my Polar Lights Enterprise refit. They will probably be screen plausible rather than screen accurate, maybe taking a bit of inspiration from Discovery. I'm not sure I'll go all in for TMP equipment so it will end up being like Phase II!

I always preferred the TWOK uniforms to TMP, however I would snap up the trio in the TMP get up. I'd love to see the crew as seen in TUC at the end of their voyages together, to bookend the TOS figures (not that I expect qmx to ever honour the Scotty and Sulu outstanding pre orders)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

If you like TMP unis, more power to you, but I think they are an awful design and thank gawd they shunted them for TWOK.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The figures in my quote pictures not necessary coincide with the quotes [emoji38]

065e3b48c892d304b2dc53011f25553c.jpg

Hopefully CGI will advance enough in our lifetimes that we can see a younger Shatner/Kirk wearing that uniform in a time travel story or just new episodes of the original crew.

Back