QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't see any issue with the heads with integrated necks that we're getting with the Trek crew. I prefer them as they're more natural and can be sculpted specifically to the character, as with McCoy's wrinkly neck.

I like all the Trek figures so far. I just like the ones from Scotty onwards less, due to that one specific tailoring issue I have with them.

Yeah while I tend to prefer neckless sculpts on my SW or Marvel figures that are in more dynamic kinds of poses, with Trek I tend to prefer the sculpted necks since those figures look best in museum poses. So I think Nanjin made the right call there.

Anyhow, future production going through me wont have Hulk size neck.

I'll have to have another look at the figures, because I didn't notice they had thick necks!

What I see is that each has nicely sculpted detail, specific to the character, that you wouldn't get if you put neckless heads onto generic necked bodies.

Yeah while I tend to prefer neckless sculpts on my SW or Marvel figures that are in more dynamic kinds of poses, with Trek I tend to prefer the sculpted necks since those figures look best in museum poses. So I think Nanjin made the right call there.

:exactly:

There's a time and a place for neckless, but for Trek you might as well go for the most aesthetic option.

One of Nanjin's Facebook posts popped up in my feed, and there was some interesting things in it.

Gordon Ng Excellent..... any chance to have bones, scott 2.0?

Nanjin Tam
Gordon Ng there are plans.for Scotty but not McCoy yet

A Scotty 2.0 already? That's surprising to hear.

Except Green Kirk and Old Khan, they have to have neckless heads, only this will work with these 2 characters.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the off topic question but do you know if QMx is moving forward with Pennywise?
Well, I did what I can and gave my best advises for the figure in January already.

HT is here to make sure QMx (me, everyone here sees me as the link) will look bad just like what they did to EB 10 years ago.

Seriously, does HT need IT? Is all about the threat that QMx and I are posting. I broke most if not all production barriers, and QMx can get serious licenses.

I foresee this combination in 2014

I think HT and I both know, this combination is dangerous. No license, even if you can do good figures, useless. No swcure of production, even with good license, useless.

Btw, Howard reads this post.

People in 1/6 development and production give each other great respects. I chat with HT taiwanese pennywise sculptor all the time. We have good sportsmanship and laugh off on lots of competitive subjects [emoji23] even advises.

I felt good when HT said they would do Pennywise. This mean QMx and I are significantly enough for Mr Chan to pay attention.

Is an honor to be targeted by HT.

Last edited:
We were offered video game Spiderman before HT in 2018.

We have Wonderwoman.

Who else can get DC and Marvel's attention after only 3 years in this field?

Dude, QMX was offered VG Spiderman and didn't run with it? That could have been the license to pay for every pet project that QMX ever wanted to try.

Nanjin, it's so clear that you can navigate the production end of all of this, it makes me really wonder what on Earth those running QMX are doing.

I hope you find yourself in the hands of a company who values your talents and capabilities, and you use that to make them a real fighting force in the business.

And maybe, if all goes well, you can get your hands on the 1/6 Trek license and leave QMX the replicas and products of that nature.

Nanjin, thank you for your posts and insight. I find all of this internal production stuff fascinating.
I, as several others I'm sure, decided to purchase the Qmx TOS Trek line because of your passion and great communication. :duff :wave

Dude, QMX was offered VG Spiderman and didn't run with it? That could have been the license to pay for every pet project that QMX ever wanted to try.

Nanjin, it's so clear that you can navigate the production end of all of this, it makes me really wonder what on Earth those running QMX are doing.

I hope you find yourself in the hands of a company who values your talents and capabilities, and you use that to make them a real fighting force in the business.

And maybe, if all goes well, you can get your hands on the 1/6 Trek license and leave QMX the replicas and products of that nature.
We couldnt do them anyway because of technical know how (another barrier that HT in place since 2011), and experience. To us is a difficult development from scratch, to them is just an update production.

Technical know how and experience need time to build by going through difficulties and problems. HT went through the difficulties and problems in-house.

HT faces difficulties head-on until the last minute.

This is why 1/6 needs to be BUILT.

A quote from Captain Kirk, “Genius doesnt work on an assembly line basis.... You cant simply say, “Today I will be brilliant.”

Rome needs to be built with time. Same thing with 1/6.

Too bad, but thanks for the reply.

Now, when I read your posts, I seem to understand that you and Qmx will part ways after the Kirk/Spock reissues, but that the licence stay with Qmx, so what does it mean for Star Trek?

Are you leaving it behind or will you go back to producing small, limited runs of unlicensed products they would never produce themselves?

I realize it is a tricky question to which you may not be able to answer yet, but without you, I’m worried for the future of Star Trek.

Well, I did what I can and gave my best advises for the figure in January already.

HT is here to make sure QMx (me, everyone here sees me as the link) will look bad just like what they did to EB 10 years ago.

Seriously, does HT need IT? Is all about the threat that QMx and I are posting. I broke most if not all production barriers, and QMx can get serious licenses.

I foresee this combination in 2014

I think HT and I both know, this combination is dangerous. No license, even if you can do good figures, useless. No swcure of production, even with good license, useless.

Btw, Howard reads this post.

People in 1/6 development and production give each other great respects. I chat with HT taiwanese pennywise sculptor all the time. We have good sportsmanship and laugh off on lots of competitive subjects [emoji23] even advises.

I felt good when HT said they would do Pennywise. This mean QMx and I are significantly enough for Mr Chan to pay attention.

Is an honor to be targeted by HT.

Thanks for the reply. I get it's business, but I'm surprised HT would feel threatened by another company just showing off a nice figure. HT can only produce so much, so what's the harm in other companies doing stuff?

Thanks for the reply. I get it's business, but I'm surprised HT would feel threatened by another company just showing off a nice figure. HT can only produce so much, so what's the harm in other companies doing stuff?
HT likes to be light years ahead of others. 1/6 is a gold mine. You play it well, you dont even need money.

HK China pre order buyers are funding most if not all production already. Minimum risk, maximize profit. Anyone come close will change the business model.

I do not know what will happen with 1/6 Trek. There is a huge wave hitting the 1/6 production in the coming months. Most if not all productions are prepared for this.

SS is also prepared for this. If you dont know what is going to happen, then you are too late. People started preparing for this in 2017.

Anyway, QMx has the option to have me produce it or have someone else.

I have spoken too much because I took the critics personally, just like someone say things about my kids. Dont blame me, if not because of this protective attitude, 1/6 Trek never can never happen.

I apologize to those whom I offended. I have some 1/6 trek to protect. I need and must have this attitude.

Hopefully if QMX decides to do more Trek figures they will go straight to Nanjin again

As always, great posts from you Nanjin!
It’s fascinating to take a peek at all the goings-on behind the scenes.
I look forward to your future ventures in 1/6, and thank you for all the Trek goodness.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Progress on my Helm console. I have the Captain's chair fitted to get an indication of the overall size.

helm04.jpg

helm05.jpg

Kirk's view

helm06.jpg

Back