QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine yesterday! Shipped and arrived within four days.

Everything is great, completely mint and new in box and the electronics work just fine. The only noticeable thing was the tape that sealed the instructions book and other plastic wrapping was a little yellow and dried out (no tack left) which tells me these chairs have been sitting in storage for a number of years. It's all good, though, because it's a nice collectible that was scored for an absolute steal of a bargain at this price!

My chair arrived yesterday. I wanted one of these for a long time and with the price point that MR were selling them for, i just couldn't pass it up.
I had never ordered from MR before so i was kind of wary that after a few wks of silence and zero communication from them that maybe the deal was a little too good to be true.
Getting stung by BCS hasn't helped with my paranoia either. :giggle:

Anyways MR came good and the beautifully made captain's chair is here. And it complements my few ST figs very nicely..Bliss☺️

DSC_0033.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

Master Replicas just acquired QMx.

They have a lot planned regarding Trek in general.

Word behind the scenes is that includes 1/6 Trek figures.

Will likely be a couple of years out to start, especially given EXO-6 are in full swing, but looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

I personally hope they bring some stronger likenesses to the franchise.

Master Replicas just acquired QMx.

They have a lot planned regarding Trek in general.

Word behind the scenes is that includes 1/6 Trek figures.

Will likely be a couple of years out to start, especially given EXO-6 are in full swing, but looking forward to seeing what they bring to the table.

I personally hope they bring some stronger likenesses to the franchise.

Curious how they are going to do that since Exo6 has the exclusive rights to most of 1/6 Trek.

Ah, yes. Must be one of those popular “forever and exclusive” contracts every company loves to sign.

They said years, not tomorrow.

I for one hope there are more 1/6 offerings in the future. They’ll either have to up the likenesses or find something new to offer.

Ah, yes. Must be one of those popular “forever and exclusive” contracts every company loves to sign.

They said years, not tomorrow.

I for one hope there are more 1/6 offerings in the future. They’ll either have to up the likenesses or find something new to offer.
I didn't say they had them forever, and considering Exo6 still has at least two or more years of figures to get through. That years you mentioned is most likely going to be 5 or more.

Who is this "they" you mentioned?

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Master Replicas will make anything but SHIPS from Star Trek…that said…I have even less reason to believe that MR would suddenly make high quality 1/6 scale figures. I would love it if they did, but this company, with no 1:6 scale figure experience isn’t suddenly going to produce Hot Toys quality figures.

I have no reason whatsoever to believe that Master Replicas will make anything but SHIPS from Star Trek…that said…I have even less reason to believe that MR would suddenly make high quality 1/6 scale figures. I would love it if they did, but this company, with no 1:6 scale figure experience isn’t suddenly going to produce Hot Toys quality figures.

I agree. Aside from Nanjin, QMX had no clue about 1/6 figures. Master Replicas has even less.

Any additional investment in merchandising the franchise is a win in my book. I’ll be interested to see what they come up with. As far as 1/6 goes, I’m fairly content with what I’ve been seeing out of the TNG line and likely won’t reinvest in the crew after EXO.

QMX was never very good with making high end 1:6 figures and Master Replicas don't seem to be anywhere near that kind of product development. MR just snagged a Star Trek license with their acquisition of QMX.

The word behind the scenes might be one thing, but the journey to putting 1:6 figures on the market will be quite another. Also, 1:6 figures could mean something other than what we're imagining or hoping for as high-end figures. Based on the kinds of products MR and QMX made I'd think it could be statues, busts, even model kits, or anything that's easier to make out of pouring plastic into moulds than complex hand made sculpted and costumed high-end figures. I wouldn't get too excited or concerned because this isn't MR's game.

QMX was never very good with making high end 1:6 figures and Master Replicas don't seem to be anywhere near that kind of product development. MR just snagged a Star Trek license with their acquisition of QMX.

The word behind the scenes might be one thing, but the journey to putting 1:6 figures on the market will be quite another. Also, 1:6 figures could mean something other than what we're imagining or hoping for as high-end figures. Based on the kinds of products MR and QMX made I'd think it could be statues, busts, even model kits, or anything that's easier to make out of pouring plastic into moulds than complex hand made sculpted and costumed high-end figures. I wouldn't get too excited or concerned because this isn't MR's game.
Actually they haven't snagged a license from my understanding. From what I read Master Replicas would need to reapply for the license once held by QmX. I'm not a lawyer though it's just something I read on a couple sites from a Google search the other day, so I could be misinformed.

Aside from that from what Nanjin has said a long time ago when Exo6 started. QmX no longer has the license to make 1/6 Trek. They'd need to wait for the Exo-6 license to expire.

Actually they haven't snagged a license from my understanding. From what I read Master Replicas would need to reapply for the license once held by QmX. I'm not a lawyer though it's just something I read on a couple sites from a Google search the other day, so I could be misinformed.

Aside from that from what Nanjin has said a long time ago when Exo6 started. QmX no longer has the license to make 1/6 Trek. They'd need to wait for the Exo-6 license to expire.
Well, you're likely right and that's actually what I thought before this discussion. So how did we find ourselves here now, coming to believe MR would be making 1:6 Star Trek figures? Seems like we're chasing the rumour mill more than any facts. If MR has to reapply then that's a completely different arc of work ahead that may or may not pan out to anything.

Last edited:
Recently acquired a QMX Picard. Two questions - any recommendations for getting the staining from the cloth off the figure and 2 anyone know the closest body type used in the figure that is buyable online? Thanks!

Recently acquired a QMX Picard. Two questions - any recommendations for getting the staining from the cloth off the figure and 2 anyone know the closest body type used in the figure that is buyable online? Thanks!

If not mistaken, a number of people were successful in removing the red uniform staining on the figure's neck by using pimple cream! Acne cream such as Clearasil supposedly worked well.

Back