QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's an excellent start to TNG line. Really looking forward to getting the rest of the "D" crew.
The stain issue is giving me problems at personal level. It has been a few months and I still dream about that occasionally.... I feel like a sinner, and don't dare to come here....

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Nanjin you will always be our hero for getting these guys off of the ground and fricking driving them home. I mean, I’m causiously optinistic I’ll get the entire original crew (and khan) in 1/6 form at the very least!

I don’t know enough about the way QMX runs but I don’t think it was you or Darklord Dave who was responsible for speaking to the matter anyways it was a blanket message from QMX customer service. That never happened and I’ll be honest I think it was a big mistake on the companies part.

At the end of the day though, at least some replacements were quietly issued. That’s still coming through at the end of the day. It just means different materials should be used next time. Live and learn!

But don’t be a stranger we love it when you stop by these parts :)

Agreed. It was unfortunate what happened, but it's still a really nice looking Picard figure regardless, and we Trek fans are eternally grateful that you're helping to get these figures made.

nanjin, you are beyond welcome in these parts. You've alwasy been open and communicative with the production of these figures and clearly they are a labor of love. The staining issue is something that is a byproduct of the materials used - if the buyer removes the sleeve they would be in for the same situation eventually. That's not your fault.

Except that the necks were already stained before the 'sleeve' was put on. Unless it stained through the plastic, which seems unlikely.

There was fault with the combination of materials used, and QMx acknowledged that.

I received a replacement via Planet Action Figures, but the replacement paintwork isn't as good as the original head. So I kept the original head on with the plastic intact to prevent any further damage.
That exactly what happened, it stained through the film.... The head was wrapped first then inserted. I also did all the standard testings, like rubbing the fabric on white paper, putting it in to boiling water, etc.

I should have tested the fabric further....which I didn't....

After the issue was known, I talked with xxI, and Ex, then I know, it can pass through the film. I have heard the purple suit Joker from HT also had this issue.

I responsible for the production. Whether it is tactical error or human error, I can't avoid my responsibility. I can only blame my inexperience.

I like to thank those who said all the kind words for me. You guys expressed your appreciate of my effort, but they can't compare to my side of appreciation. These are words for the bottom of my heart.

I can be replaced, but the support from Trek friends can not.

That exactly what happened, it stained through the film.... The head was wrapped first then inserted. I also did all the standard testings, like rubbing the fabric on white paper, putting it in to boiling water, etc.

I should have tested the fabric further....which I didn't....

After the issue was known, I talked with xxI, and Ex, then I know, it can pass through the film. I have heard the purple suit Joker from HT also had this issue.

I responsible for the production. Whether it is tactical error or human error, I can't avoid my responsibility. I can only blame my inexperience.

I like to thank those who said all the kind words for me. You guys expressed your appreciate of my effort, but they can't compare to my side of appreciation. These are words for the bottom of my heart.

I can be replaced, but the support from Trek friends can not.

I think most of us appreciate your truthfulness and hard work to rectify the the correction[emoji868]
We look forward for QMx next releases and their prosperous endeavors that will for-fill Trekkies imaginations.
Carl D.

Well damn of course right after I decide to order it goes on sale. Luckily I put it on flex pay through Sideshow and haven’t been charged yet. I’ll be canceling and re-ordering with ThinkGeek.

Wow I can confirm the staining issue. I got a new unstained head and put a protective film on it. Just checked and it was stained. The dye leaked through the protective film. What on earth is in the dye that it is that strong??? Now im back to square one with this figure...........

I'm no chemist, but perhaps something in the paint or plastic on the head is reacting with the dye? We all love that 'new figure smell' but perhaps there are almost imperceptible vapours causing the dye to transfer. As I said, I've nothing to base that on, I'm just pondering.

(In the million to one chance I've solved the problem, can I have a free Khan?:wink1: )

Look, the staining is unfortunate, but I am very happy to have the Picard figure on my shelf. It's clear the people who made this share a deep love of Trek. I feel as if I have bought the figure from friends. I WANT MORE!

I really hope this isn't slowing down the TNG line too much :( Riker, Worf, Geordi, Q ... they all looked spot on. And I am very keen on getting fellow red-shirt Riker. I'm a customer, so of course I want everything to be perfect, but I am also a QMX fan ... so I hope everything is perfect, for QMX's sake, and out of a growing fondness for the company. We want our figures to be top notch in the box but we also want QMX to thrive because we love what they are doing and we see the passion going into each release. Kirk, Spock, and McCoy are all superb. I wasn't planning on getting Khan but Picard is tipping me over. I have Kirk's chair on pre-order ...

Basically, we all hope issues get sorted, but your fans also want to see you get through this, QMX. There's been one issue, sure, but these are overall great figs, and a speed bump early on is not a dealbreaker for most of us, I don't think. If Riker was up for order today, I'd order him.

Spock comes with a Vulcan Lyre, for chrissakes. These are real fans making for real fans. It makes me grin.

Like I said, these are 'feel good' figures. The backs of Star Wars figure cards urged you to collect them all. And I definitely wanted to collect them all. Same with QMx Trek.

Of course, Picard had another failing: the body. It looked like the Ganghood 2.0 with the neck removed, and designed for Bruce Lee it didn't create Patrick Stewart's square shouldered silhouette. But Nanjin has said that QMx will be producing their own bodies in the future, which should make for even better figures.

A quick body swap later:

34922577551_a26aecffbe.jpg

35013832386_0472b4facc.jpg

They are indeed feel good figs! You've nailed it with that description. And Kuat it was your work and the work of others in this thread that inspired me to fiddle with my Picard fig the day I got it. Even a little amateur adjustment to the shoulders makes a world of difference. Your Krennic body fig looks great.

Interesting fact about Picard's shoulders.... I saw John DeLancie at a con years ago, and he was talking about how most of the Regulars had different degrees of padded 'enhancements' under their uniforms, with Patrick Stewart wearing something akin to soft US football pads under his! The secrets out!

The Picard body is correct, but everyone who pads him is making the figure even more authentic!!

I took the plunge again for the ThinkGeek price. I really did like this figure a lot, but the staining on my figure's neck was just so high up. So hoping this one is better, and if not then at least the new head is an option.

I'm still waiting on a sale of the exclusive from QMX to pick this up, gotta have that Phaser Rifle I'll probably never display!
So far, it's never gone on sale so the wait continues! :banghead

I'm still waiting on a sale of the exclusive from QMX to pick this up, gotta have that Phaser Rifle I'll probably never display!
So far, it's never gone on sale so the wait continues! :banghead

It's a nice extra, but I can't see ever displaying Picard with it, and I assume Riker or Worf will come with one. I hope we hear more about the next release in the line. I hope the staining doesn't mess up the releases over all.

Interesting fact about Picard's shoulders.... I saw John DeLancie at a con years ago, and he was talking about how most of the Regulars had different degrees of padded 'enhancements' under their uniforms, with Patrick Stewart wearing something akin to soft US football pads under his! The secrets out!

The Picard body is correct, but everyone who pads him is making the figure even more authentic!!

Yeah it was always pretty obvious to me that the shoulders were padded to make them look so clean and straight. And I'm pretty sure Dorn was wearing some kind of muscle suit to make Worf look a lot buffer as well.

After my annual viewing of my favorite version of A Christmas Carol (the Patrick Stewart one, of course) I wanted to convert my Picard into a Scrooge for the holidays, so a bit of black construction paper and glue for a Victorian top hat, and a few coats borrowed from TDK HT Joker and a scarf from Barbie, a can of fake snow, and he's ready for Xmas display!

Stewart-Scrooge-3.jpg

Stewart-Scrooge-2a.jpg

Stewart-Scrooge-6.jpg

Back