QMx 1:6 Star Trek: TNG - Jean Luc Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Burning Rage and Dingo's photos show the figure proportionally better. The neck does appear a bit thick but not too distracting.

The major issue is definitely the dye stains, particularly in the exposed areas, such as the neck.

You can't be serious :lol :lol :lol

Yes they can do what they want. No they don't answer to us. Yes this is a free service and we are lucky to have it. Stop stating the obvious and read the posts above yours properly. Have a think.

What we are saying is that we feel it is not morally right to delete constructive criticism which highlights issues to other collectors.

I wasn't disagreeing with you regarding morality aspect. I was telling you you're powerless to do anything about it. And people can state whatever they want, obvious or otherwise.

I was telling you you're powerless to do anything about it.

That's not quite right though. Obviously anyone can choose to stop posting and just abandon their account. Deleting the account if the feature exists here on this forum. Considering many people pay to have access, there's also the potential for legal action for those with time/effort/desire on their side - it's been done elsewhere before and forums shut down because of it (I don't recommend it).

Last edited:
I was telling you you're powerless to do anything about it.

Untitled-1.jpg

That's not quite right though. Obviously anyone can choose to stop posting and just abandon their account. Deleting the account if the feature exists here on this forum. Considering many people pay to have access, there's also the potential for legal action for those with time/effort/desire on their side - it's been done elsewhere before and forums shut down because of it (I don't recommend it).

I think admins would say the pay aspect is limited to the privilege to sell on this site. Deleting unfavorable posts about certain product reviews does not fall within that category. At least that's what I would argue if I were a mod/admin.

If we paid to be on this site, and there was a growing number of unhappy people, then I think you could do something like complain to the owner. Or you speak with your dollars and quit. But this site is free and you can't complain about free stuff. I mean you can, but at the end of the day, it makes little/no difference. Someone called it the Republic of Dave and I think that's accurate.

If we paid to be on this site, and there was a growing number of unhappy people, then I think you could do something like complain to the owner. Or you speak with your dollars and quit. But this site is free and you can't complain about free stuff. I mean you can, but at the end of the day, it makes little/no difference. Someone called it the Republic of Dave and I think that's accurate.

The one site I was personally a member of where the admin was taken to court by a member he banned, had no money changing hands at all, not even for selling privs. You'd be surprised what you can take someone to court over in the US. Taking money, for any reason, no matter how it's described, only opens up more possibilities and increases the liability (significantly).

The one site I was personally a member of where the admin was taken to court by a member he banned, had no money changing hands at all, not even for selling privs. You'd be surprised what you can take someone to court over in the US. Taking money, for any reason, no matter how it's described, only opens up more possibilities and increases the liability (significantly).

no, YOU'D be surprised.:lol I work in litigation for a living.

Different theme- there's no penalty for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. NONE. Which is why the US is drowning in litigation. Canada has more bench trials so less likely to get a wild verdict, therefore fewer cases get filed.

Where is it written that mods are supposed to be impartial? I think thats the expectation, but the mod guide or rule handbook is not public, at least according to mod "Khev". I also asked if mods underwent any mod training before becoming mods. That question was not answered.

Note that this is a privately run forum so the owner or administrators or whatever can basically do what they want. That includes using your position as chief admin to promote products in which the chief admin has a financial interest. I havent noticed that posts were deleted, but deleting posts that besmirch those products in which the chief admin has a financial interest is ok too. You dont like it- you start your own or go elsewhere.

This is actual impartiality vs perceived impartiality. And we are owed neither.
Without getting too far into the weeds of this discussion, I noticed this and thought it justified a response. Mods don't receive any specific training. Dave chooses mods, some of whom are recruited, others nominate themselves. But the admin approves those he is familiar with, who he thinks have an appropriate understanding of the forum, and can have the proper judgment to be a mod on a forum like this. There is a mod code of conduct that is not publicly available, outlining what job duties entail and what behaviors are expected. But as with most rules/policies there is interpretation and leeway. Mods can chat with each other in circumstances where the rules aren't clear, and there is some self-policing that happens.

But mods are human beings like anyone else. We all have biases and preferences that inhibit purely rational behavior. Folks we like and know from years of interaction are probably less likely to get an infraction than a member who joined yesterday, all other things being constant. But I hope that all of us at least try to be fair in most of our interactions.

First of all, my wife hates the fact that I keep buying more toys for my collection. That being said, I recently asked her opinion on what figure I should get if I decide to get one for my birthday. The choices were QMX Captain Picard, Sideshow Darth Maul Naboo, Sideshow AT-AT Driver, and Hot Toys Doctor Strange. Her only real response was that a Captain Picard figure would be boring because it is just a bald man in a uniform. I had to laugh, but at least she didn't describe him as a bald old man in pajamas. My wife even likes Star Trek TNG, but that was her response to this figure. I wish my wife understood or even just liked the hobby. I should know better than to ask her opinion on what figure I should get.

I'm not that concerned with forum politics. It's a lot of :horse I'm more concerned about collectors getting a sub par figure. If this is an issue with uniform rub and dye transfer this could be pretty widespread.

Without getting too far into the weeds of this discussion, I noticed this and thought it justified a response. Mods don't receive any specific training. Dave chooses mods, some of whom are recruited, others nominate themselves. But the admin approves those he is familiar with, who he thinks have an appropriate understanding of the forum, and can have the proper judgment to be a mod on a forum like this. There is a mod code of conduct that is not publicly available, outlining what job duties entail and what behaviors are expected. But as with most rules/policies there is interpretation and leeway. Mods can chat with each other in circumstances where the rules aren't clear, and there is some self-policing that happens.

But mods are human beings like anyone else. We all have biases and preferences that inhibit purely rational behavior. Folks we like and know from years of interaction are probably less likely to get an infraction than a member who joined yesterday, all other things being constant. But I hope that all of us at least try to be fair in most of our interactions.

I respect that, and indeed, this is a privately owned forum, so Dave has all the rights there.

... That said, those threads disappearing are a nuisance to the board I think, and they are useless.
I've decided not to renew my premium membership this year just because of that!

... And I believe many members there are also members of other boards like, say, OSW, where the forbidden items are discussed too, so I don't get the point of deleting something when the conversation goes on somewhere else, but hey, that's just my two cent.

Let's take the Picard fig for example. Some people are vocal that they hate it. I don't have it in hand yet but I'm already in love with it. Nothing that the naysayers will say is gonna change my pov, and I suspect it is the same way the other way around. So as long as a conversation remains civil (and yeah, that's what a lot of peeps are unable to do, I'll concede), why erase it? What is said on just one board, be it about companies Dave is involved with, won't change the sales when the pros and cons are being discussed as virulently elsewhere on many other such boards.

SFF isn't the whole world. What happens doesn't have that much of an impact.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Has anyone got more pictures yet? Is the color coming off isolated cases or a lot?

Thank you for your reply and its tone. Provided much clarity. Appreciated.

Well, I got mine in. And while overall I'm happy with it, I, too, have the staining issue on the neck. WTF?! Didn't anyone think to wash the material before making the outfit so this wouldn't happen? Apparently, little to no QC on this figure.

FYI there is a detailed review on YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you say how the head size compares to Kirk or Spock? Or any other figure for that matter?

I like the figure and the outfit doesn't bother me but even in that review video the head is clearly too large

Back