QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great looking figure. Looks like I'll have two versions of these figures. In todays world of good 1/6th figures, $180.00 is a pretty good price.

Old Grandpa

exactly!!! the first one... the one built through this amazing community... will always have a special place in my heart!!!

This is great news. He turned out great, hopefully he'll look as good in hand. Can't wait to see more of the crew.

Mal looks great. The price is right compared to the current market for high quality 1/6 figures. This is a buy.

Way to go QMX! A new player is a very welcome sight.

I'm SO interested in getting this figure but for $180 the paint application on the portrait looks a little flat to me. The sculpt is amazing as is the outfit but the face paint reminds me of a Sideshow release circa 2008 for some reason.

I know not everything can be "Hot Toys quality" but I feel like for a $180 figure it just looks unfinished. I'm very hopeful that it's just the look of the prototype and not the final figure.

Not a great pic but I haven't uploaded the pics from my real camera yet. This figure looks absolutely amazing in person--so glad they brought it to Dallas Comic Con. Definite buy and I'm in for anyone else from Firefly as well.

yjaqe2u7.jpg

Ok guys...talked to the this great QMX rep at DCC today and here's some answers I got:

• This is completely their figure top to bottom. the body is of their own design
  • This figure is already in production! I've been told that this is still on track for the Q3 release. I've also been told that they are working with the manufacture to make sure it's as good if not better than the proto
  • They do plan on doing the whole crew!

As for other licenses...
  • Officially, no, they do not have plans to do any of their other licenses in 1/6
  • Unofficially, they hope they can get the licenses to do Star Trek figures.

I have to say guys, THIS was the highlight of DCC for me today (Tomorrow will be the ultimate meeting Nathan :D). Paint apps were great! QMX is very excited to be stepping into the 1/6 market

here are some iPhone pics I took:

IMG_4664_zpsf2e2a1fd.jpg

IMG_4665_zpsf74f6322.jpg

IMG_4667_zpsc9720161.jpg

IMG_4668_zps66b76223.jpg

IMG_4669_zps174d6a7a.jpg

IMG_4670_zps2ab9bc43.jpg

IMG_4671_zps95462e3b.jpg

IMG_4672_zps1d5d3ba1.jpg

Re: QMx: Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

So getting it!

Will this only be available only trough QMXs' website though?

Re: QMx: Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Not a great pic but I haven't uploaded the pics from my real camera yet. This figure looks absolutely amazing in person--so glad they brought it to Dallas Comic Con. Definite buy and I'm in for anyone else from Firefly as well.

Looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing those photos!

Ok guys...talked to the this great QMX rep at DCC today and here's some answers I got:

• This is completely their figure top to bottom. the body is of their own design
  • This figure is already in production! I've been told that this is still on track for the Q3 release. I've also been told that they are working with the manufacture to make sure it's as good if not better than the proto
  • They do plan on doing the whole crew!

As for other licenses...
  • Officially, no, they do not have plans to do any of their other licenses in 1/6
  • Unofficially, they hope they can get the licenses to do Star Trek figures.

Thanks for taking your time asking them questions. The figure is looking good and I really hope we get to see some 1/6 Trek figures.

Back