QMx: 1/6 Firefly - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope Jayne is heavily armed. Vera. Grenades. Etc.

Oh, not to worry, there will be a 1:6 scale Vera, a Boo and a Binky. Those are already in sculpt (actually, Vera's done and looks *amazing"). We're looking at either a knit Jayne hat or some way to simulate it in fabric. As you can imagine, knitting in 1:6 has it challenges. So, stay tuned on that particular detail and we'll keep you posted on progress.

- Andy

Oh, not to worry, there will be a 1:6 scale Vera, a Boo and a Binky. Those are already in sculpt (actually, Vera's done and looks *amazing"). We're looking at either a knit Jayne hat or some way to simulate it in fabric. As you can imagine, knitting in 1:6 has it challenges. So, stay tuned on that particular detail and we'll keep you posted on progress.

- Andy

Awesome!

I'll be in my bunk.

Yeah, a knitted hat at that scale looking right might be tough. Seems like switch-o-hair or alternate sculpt with a sculpted hat would be more feasible.

- Andy

That news just made my day, and I spent my day relaxing at the beach :wink1:

Every bit of news gets me more excited for the figures in this line. After seeing Mal in Dallas I've been anxiously waiting to order him and it sounds like Jayne will impress as well. I'm in for the whole crew so bring them on!

just had to say this is probably the best thread on this site right now :) Everyone is happy and excited for these figures which is awesome!!! Its nice to have QMxAndy giving us fans updates and talking to us about the releases. Its a great way to keep the fans involved and interested. I think ill stay in this thread for a while because the other threads I used to enjoy just have imploded. I love FireFly i just havent posted much here, so i thought i drop in. :)

I have a lot of POs in 2014 right now, but i hope Mal is available still in 2015. I'll be bummed if I miss out on him, but sounds like he is going to be available for a little while reading all the back posts.

Can I ask, are the rest of the crew then slated more for 2015?

just had to say this is probably the best thread on this site right now :) Everyone is happy and excited for these figures which is awesome!!! Its nice to have QMxAndy giving us fans updates and talking to us about the releases. Its a great way to keep the fans involved and interested. I think ill stay in this thread for a while because the other threads I used to enjoy just have imploded. I love FireFly i just havent posted much here, so i thought i drop in. :)

I have a lot of POs in 2014 right now, but i hope Mal is available still in 2015. I'll be bummed if I miss out on him, but sounds like he is going to be available for a little while reading all the back posts.

Can I ask, are the rest of the crew then slated more for 2015?

Thanks so much, Morphosis! I can't tell you how much that means to me and the entire QMx crew :)

I can't really say what our Mal supply will look like come January, but I guess that depends on demand. We'll be making a good supply so hopefully we'll be good until then. And if he sells out that fast we'll probably make more.

We definitely plan to do the whole crew! However, we're probably looking at 2-3 releases per year. Our first job is to make sure these are done right. So I'd rather not push too many into the market at a time and risk QA issues because we were spread too thin.

We definitely plan to do the whole crew! However, we're probably looking at 2-3 releases per year. Our first job is to make sure these are done right. So I'd rather not push too many into the market at a time and risk QA issues because we were spread too thin.

With that in mind, any inside info on the 1/6th scale statue series, what's next, what will we see at SDCC and what's planned.

And I guess, just putting it way out there, any thoughts on an 'Artisan' 1/4 scale PF like series. While a PF of River/Kaylee, etc is my preferred option, if that's not going to happen, then I'd want them as 1/6 statues.

But, uh, that's our... next product? I mean, does it make sense to tease something we haven't actually done yet?

So confused....

:panic:

These figures are killing me. I'm a huge QMx fan. Especially love my WH13 props. Such high quality and craftsmanship went into them. Heck, even into the Warehouse boxes that are made. And with Firefly, as important a show as it is to me, being handled by QMx, there's no doubt that I'm in.

You've also been asking about our plans for bodies: It's true we're using modified Open Source bodies for the first couple of figures. The reasons for this are simple – the quality is fantastic, prices are reasonable and it's saving us time-to-market. But while there are great OEM body options out there for men, we're less impressed with what we're seeing for female bodies. So it's likely we'll be using an original design for that.

This might be a bit of a left field question, but ...

If you guys design your own female base body and you're happy with the results, is there any chance you'd consider selling blanks? Customizers kind of have the same problems you guys do when it comes to finding good base bodies for female characters. I think there might be a market there for that.

Just wondering out loud ...

Back