QMX 1/6 DS9 Dax

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's such a shame as Nanjin has a real passion to bring us the best Trek figures possible. I've also read a good deal of harsh comments about the issues with Picard, but even HT have issues from time to time and they've be in the 1:6th arena far longer than QMX.
To be honest the negativity from some collectors (not just on here) is weary at times. I sometimes come close to replying but think I've got better things to do with my time. I love collecting, but some people really do rip these companies to pieces over some (at times) really tiny details. Constructive criticism is one thing, but some of it becomes down right nasty.
I for one am so grateful to Nanjin for what he has brought us so far & can't wait to see what he & QMX are bringing to SDCC

Okay, at the risk of being 'that guy', her head looks a little bulbous, the trill marks are underdone and should be wider darker and more prominent, and what's with the giant zipper? Hopefully at least the latter two issues will be addressed before any release is made.

Star_Trek_DSNine_JadziaDax2012_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1600.jpg

Having comissioned this head years ago and sewn her outfit, I just gave Nanjin some feedback. The helmet-head hair is throwing off a great likeness that captures Terry Farrell's unique features.

Based on my own efforts, I feel they should use velcro to replicate the hidden zipper, or just suck it up with regard to accuracy and put the zipper on the backside. There's simply no way to make the zipper head any smaller on a functional zipper. With my Sisko custom, I just taped his front shut, but that's obviously not an option for a production figure.

I assume the head is oversized for production shrinkage, and the spots will be done properly in time.

I agree though Sisko would have been a better choice. I'm obviously a fan, hence the commission, but a narrow market of female Trek fan who happens to be a very tall brunette like Terry Farrell. She's just not that popular.

I saw a red Voy/DS9 uniform commander on Nanjin's Facebook. Probably Sisco and not Chacotay

I don't think it's Jadzia by herself. From the picture on Facebook I mentioned before I think they are making Sisko, Jadzia, and maybe Kira.

I don't think it's Jadzia by herself. From the picture on Facebook I mentioned before I think they are making Sisko, Jadzia, and maybe Kira.

Nice. I was getting ready to commission a Kira, but was hoping she might get made. I would love a better Avery Brooks head.

Garak Is the DS9 figure I really want.

Nice. I was getting ready to commission a Kira, but was hoping she might get made. I would love a better Avery Brooks head.

Garak Is the DS9 figure I really want.

Not sure there's any Star Trek character I'd like MORE than Garak, but it seems unlikely. I'll be happy with any DS9 characters.

Although I have no interest in obtaining this figure, I do see it as a positive sign that QMX is going beyond just the few principle characters in each show.

I would be more interested in the alien characters. Star Trek provides a plethora of great alien designs and memorable characters.

Well I hope an errant Facebook comment didn't just kill my chances of getting that Dax figure. I think she looks fantastic.

I agree that the spots need improvement, but the sculpt's likeness is spot-on! The hair doesn't bother me at all, I think it's just based on an earlier season.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/3/30334/1135538-trek1786.jpg

I do wonder about her hair being sculpted though, and what that will mean for the Worf figure.

As for the zipper, it doesn't really bother me, but maybe Velcro would be a better choice. I'm not sure how good Velcro would work with the bustline on a female figure though. I do prefer screen accuracy though. I want to be able to adjust the collar's opening.

I checked Nanjin's facebook and he mentioned that Dax is a prototype and that he had a "sisko ready but encountered a lot of resistance". I don't know if that means, he wanted to do Sisko and QMX kiboshed it or if Sisko is ready but QMX have no firm idea of releasing him. He also said something about a figure being revealed in a day or two that will be extremely limited and it's an original series character.

And finally, tomorrow at 5pm pacific he says he'll be unveiling figures on his facebook.

Whatever mistakes/problems QMX have or had, I never blame Nanjin. He's one of us and I think he really does what he can for this fanbase.

Very exciting news! I can't wait to see the new figures. I hope it's more than just release dates for prototypes we've already seen.
I'll guess the limited figure is an SDCC exclusive? If it's that hard to get hold of, I hope it's nothing I want. My guess is an existing figure in an alternate uniform... like Kirk in his wraparound tunic, or dress uniform. Maybe the TWOK Kirk and Spock?

Hard to get exclusives are a sure way to kill the line. Remember the 1701 fiasco with the Playmates TNG line?

I checked Nanjin's facebook and he mentioned that Dax is a prototype and that he had a "sisko ready but encountered a lot of resistance". I don't know if that means, he wanted to do Sisko and QMX kiboshed it or if Sisko is ready but QMX have no firm idea of releasing him. He also said something about a figure being revealed in a day or two that will be extremely limited and it's an original series character.

And finally, tomorrow at 5pm pacific he says he'll be unveiling figures on his facebook.

Whatever mistakes/problems QMX have or had, I never blame Nanjin. He's one of us and I think he really does what he can for this fanbase.

I think that limited release is TOS Khan. I know sales go down further you go into the line. I hope there is an exclusive way to get those somehow. They have gone so far into the TOS line to leave Uhura and Chechov hanging. If a good head was offered I would buy an extra Sulu and make my own Pavel if possible

On Facebook he was asked about a DS9 reveal at SDCC. He basically said No, that there was resistance from QmX (doesn't mention them but its inferred) and that the figure he is most excited about was made because he backed down on DS9. So basically it was a either or situation with the idea the figure being revealed today will be more popular and sell more.

He also implied he will pick up this fight again.

Another interesting bit is that he said that he was telling QmX that they were marketing the figures wrong, and that this new figure was made to help prove that.

On Facebook he was asked about a DS9 reveal at SDCC. He basically said No, that there was resistance from QmX (doesn't mention them but its inferred) and that the figure he is most excited about was made because he backed down on DS9. So basically it was a either or situation with the idea the figure being revealed today will be more popular and sell more.

He also implied he will pick up this fight again.

Another interesting bit is that he said that he was telling QmX that they were marketing the figures wrong, and that this new figure was made to help prove that.

Yeah, he mentioned he was trying to get them to do a new sales model or something. And that they NEED a schedule(implying they may not have a firm one right now).

I too feel like that extremely limited figure is Khan. I just hope he lasts a couple of weeks. I don't get paid till a week from Friday, can usually only afford these through flexing with sideshow and have no spare money for an nrd right now. If it becomes a giant crunch, I'll have to preorder it from Big bad or somebody I guess and just save for the figure the old fashioned way.

Back