Pursuit of Cobra - Hasbro

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish Hasbro handled the 25th anni figures with such precision and attention of these figures rather than constant parts reuse and character variations. I don't collect little Joes any more, at least not new ones, but if I see Lowlight I may have to grab him. Loved that bastard as a kid and the .50 cal is a nice update.

IMG_0400.JPG

comes with a ton of gear as well. really freaking awesome figure.

I see quite a few powersuits previewed for this line. I know GI Joe dabbled in them in 93/94 but I assume they're trying to capitalize on the success of AVATAR and District 9.

Are there more than just the two?

It looks like it. There's the green and red ones out now but then check out this video at about the 2:55 mark where it shows a couple new turquoise/grey suits.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/gUqWpLUGouw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/gUqWpLUGouw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Im diggin that new HISS design. Sorta reminds me of the terminator HK's crushing all the skulls and what not.

the guys on the hiss package look like the roc desert vipers...which is kind of odd since hasbro seems to be be trying to move away from roc. don't know if they are re-releasing/updating them or not.

the guys on the hiss package look like the roc desert vipers...which is kind of odd since hasbro seems to be be trying to move away from roc. don't know if they are re-releasing/updating them or not.

After seeing the Indy head on a Cobra figure, I think it's safe to say that nothing won't be reused. :lol

I found wave 2 today and picked up everybody except the Snake Eyes. I saw he had a stupid action feature and that was enough for me to pass, plus his outfit was kinda dumb to begin with.

The Jungle Viper is all kinds of awesome. Very, very impressive work by Hasbro on this figure. He is basically able to turn into a bush with all of those leaf blades.

Destro gives Snowjob some company. The snow effect on him makes him look frosty at least :lol Kinda has a Mr. Freeze thing going on with the backpack devise.

Zartan is actually quite fun. I like how they gave him a tan/sunburn like he has been walking in the desert awhile. The desguise make a full different figure. Might even be worth picking two of him for that.

Dusty is a bit light on accessories compaired to the rest of the line, but he does have an interchangable head, 2 guns, and some barbed wire. A nice update of the character.

Recondo is a little disapointing to me just because his accessories don't work very well. The bear traps fall apart and don't attach to the backpack very well. The axes seem like they should attach to the sides of his vest, but don't stay in very well. His hat is too loose and I have no idea why he has a tribal mask :lo

Picked up a couple of POC Jungle-Vipers yesterday. Amazing figures!

4930728466_3e56dc545c_b.jpg

AWESOME pic skills!!!
As a SW fan i am loving the look of these figures....GI JOE is obviously not a big thing downunder...but man i cannot resist these figures!!!!

:gah::gah::gah::gah::thud:

Back