PS4 and XBOX720 specs leaked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I saw something on N4g claiming (key word there) that the 720 will have 'superior' hardware to the PS4...

dear lord, the fanboy wars never end

We have no idea really. The fear is that PS4 might make the same mistakes as the PS3, being too expensive. And the technology developments haven't really paid off. Like the Cell processor which was supposed to be so much more powerful than the Xbox 360, yet there's not really any example of that, in fact many multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360. Then there's Blu-Ray which is good for them now, but they had to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on that both in development costs plus all the deals they made for the studios to support the format, it's possible they haven't made any money off Blu-Ray yet.

It might be better to keep the PS4 closer to the 720, though with these given GPU's it's not that far off.

We have no idea really. The fear is that PS4 might make the same mistakes as the PS3, being too expensive. And the technology developments haven't really paid off. Like the Cell processor which was supposed to be so much more powerful than the Xbox 360, yet there's not really any example of that, in fact many multiplatform games look better on Xbox 360. Then there's Blu-Ray which is good for them now, but they had to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on that both in development costs plus all the deals they made for the studios to support the format, it's possible they haven't made any money off Blu-Ray yet.

It might be better to keep the PS4 closer to the 720, though with these given GPU's it's not that far off.

The cell is powerful, I believe games like God of War III and the rest of Sony's exclusives proved that... the problem was the learning curve for developers in the beginning.

The cell is powerful, I believe games like God of War III and the rest of Sony's exclusives proved that... the problem was the learning curve for developers in the beginning.

Well if 3/4 of them never figured it out, it didn't really do much good. Naughty Dog was the one Dev that really got to know the cell processor

Well if 3/4 of them never figured it out, it didn't really do much good. Naughty Dog was the one Dev that really got to know the cell processor

Santa Monica, Guerilla, Sucker Punch and Quantic Dream, have some great looking games as well. :wink1:

Sony realized that the third part dev's were having trouble and I believe it was two or three years ago, offered third party developers help... and it did pay off.

Since then the PS3 hasn't had many bad ports, before then the only reason they did get bad ports was because the 360 being the lead platform.

I'm not saying the 360 is crap or anything but it's closer to what developers are already used to, maybe that's why graphics never really improved all that much.

Once they realized the PS3 was getting popular, it became the lead platform and after that games had some improved graphics.
Like... Battlefield 3, L.A. Noire, Hit Man Absolution, etc.

Ill get the new Xbox but ill pass on the playstation. As far as compared to a pc I could give two shakes less about that. If people want to talk PF gaming imnsure a thread can be started about it.

Most of the loss is due to the Wii though

I'm not so sure though because I doubt the mainstream masses who bought a Wii for the novelty factor and ended up shelving them after 6 months would have bought a PS3 or 360 if they had not bought their Wii...

It's likely part of the reason but I'm not sure it's such a big factor.

Just announced: The Dreamcast II. Sega is back in the game, people! :thud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Curse you!! Curse you to the deepest depth of hell! :mad:
My favorite console :monkey2

Yeah, I am thinking about the XBOX 720 only......my PS3 works great, and I don't need 3 blu ray players....assuming 720 has a blu drive and people are assuming

I'm not so sure though because I doubt the mainstream masses who bought a Wii for the novelty factor and ended up shelving them after 6 months would have bought a PS3 or 360 if they had not bought their Wii...

It's likely part of the reason but I'm not sure it's such a big factor.

Curse you!! Curse you to the deepest depth of hell! :mad:
My favorite console :monkey2

Think of this, the market had 3 consoles, where the Wii was outperforming the other two, if you remove the Wii then that leaves a serious gap in sales, and that's exactly what happened. Considering that both Xbox and PS3 have been doing pretty well during this time, a reasonable explanation is the lack of the Wii sales.

You guys favoring consoles over PC's no nothing of either platform.

Little known secret as to how those games look so great with the crap hardware that console manufactures produce.

It's in the software...

Not only are game developers stuck with producing games for console manufactures at low res, low fps and limited hardware. But they can only make a certain kind of game. They are stuck with making low budget games with dumbed down gameplay and graphic animation that is sub standard because the console companies dont want to invest in too much hardware. Yeah, the graphics and animation look great but you really are just getting half the game. You wont see a lot on the screen at once. The animation will be real cheap. Game developers have been complaining about this for years.

I hear though that the new consoles will adapt the modular system, same as the Piston for upgradability. So we might not have to experience this so much.

I once tried to play fallout 3 on the Xbox 360, holy **** was it laggy as hell!! :lol

Last edited:
I think next gen will be awesome, just wish skyrim on 360 looked as good as it does on pc especially with special ENB files the game looks like next gen stuff. My most anticipated game of next gen is cyberpunk 2077 which sadly wont come out till 2015. If u look at trailer for it thats what the actual graphics are going to look like.

Hopefully there is higher FOV for next-gen FPS games. :monkey4

one of the many reason's why they didn't make a new console for a while ..

You move ... No you move first

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxtrtfYViQo[/ame]

You guys favoring consoles over PC's no nothing of either platform.

Little known secret as to how those games look so great with the crap hardware that console manufactures produce.

It's in the software...

Not only are game developers stuck with producing games for console manufactures at low res, low fps and limited hardware. But they can only make a certain kind of game. They are stuck with making low budget games with dumbed down gameplay and graphic animation that is sub standard because the console companies dont want to invest in too much hardware. Yeah, the graphics and animation look great but you really are just getting half the game. You wont see a lot on the screen at once. The animation will be real cheap. Game developers have been complaining about this for years.

I hear though that the new consoles will adapt the modular system, same as the Piston for upgradability. So we might not have to experience this so much.

I once tried to play fallout 3 on the Xbox 360, holy **** was it laggy as hell!! :lol

Yes Pc gaming may be better graphics and frame rate.
But not many people have 5k plus to spend on a super computer.
Also at the rate graphics cards are released and the best being 1k plus
it terrible.
Also the fact that you can sit at the compfort of your couch playing games , i would rather sacrifice a little graphic difference.

You don't need nearly as much as 5K for a gaming computer, even if you went all out on it you wouldn't spend even close to that much. And what gaming graphics card is more than 1K? Also, what's stopping you from playing PC games from your couch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back