PS4 and XBOX720 specs leaked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Pc gaming may be better graphics and frame rate.
But not many people have 5k plus to spend on a super computer.
Also at the rate graphics cards are released and the best being 1k plus
it terrible.
Also the fact that you can sit at the compfort of your couch playing games , i would rather sacrifice a little graphic difference.

Again, some of you have no clue as to what your talking about. I only spent $1500 on mine almost 2 years ago. And its a very powerful system compared an Xbox. It plays everything on full settings flawlessly. And it's a generation old system, X58 chipset. And I didnt even need to spend the $500 that spent. I could have went with a smaller display (22") and stock cooler and my system would have been around $1000. I have 660ti graphics card in mine and it is a beast. You don't need a 690 graphics card to play games. That is really meant for game designers, not gamers. Lol.

You could get one 660 now and then get another one later and run the two of them SLI if your playing more advanced games down the road.I plan to jump to Haswell when it is released.

My specs are below

CoolerMaster Haf 932
Corsair AX850
Rampage III Formula X58
CPU - Intel 1366 i7 930 3.2ghz
Phanteks air cooler
Corsair 12gb DDR3 tripple Channel
ASUS 660 Ti 2gb
2TB HDD
LiteOn DVD
ASUS 27" 2ms 1920x1080P

it terrible.
Also the fact that you can sit at the compfort of your couch playing games , i would rather sacrifice a little graphic difference.

There's so many poor assumptions in this one post I don't know where to start. DV107 and The Chaver took care of most of it though.

But, also think that PC gaming is for the advanced gamer, not for the casual. This is what turns a lot of casual gamers off about PC gaming, the trouble shooting of when something goes wrong. In PC gaming, you have to be educated in Windows OS, multible software apps and computer hardware. Because yes you could buy an already built PC, but when something fails, hardware or software, you have to be knowlegable enough to know how to solve the problem and fix it so that you can continue gaming. Because lets face it, taking your PC to get it looked at every time something you're ignorant about goes wrong is going to become very costly and it is not the way to go. Although, most of your problems will be software related. But for someone like me and other board members here, it is not that big a deal to fix it. You'd be surprised how much help and knowledge you can get from Google, YouTube and being a member of some kind of PC tech board.

Last edited:
it terrible.

Most PCs also have HDMI connections, so you can run a HDMI cable from your PC to your HDTV and still enjoy gaming "on the comfort of your couch", just as you would on a console.

Yeah, a 690 would also be I deal for multiple displays. Their are a lot of gamers that are into that.

Last edited:
Most PCs also have HDMI connections, so you can run a HDMI cable from your PC to your HDTV and still enjoy gaming "on the comfort of your couch", just as you would on a console.

Yes, but you will find that gaming is best done at your desk on a 27". :wink1:

I've come to a conclusion the reason people don't get a high-end PC is this: They're too lazy about it and they're severely misinformed.

it terrible.

Damn I would love to see what kind of computer you could build for 5k. Seriously you think thats what a decent to good computer costs? You really haven't done your research have you?

Damn I would love to see what kind of computer you could build for 5k. Seriously you think thats what a decent to good computer costs? You really haven't done your research have you?

Yes i have done my research.
What is the point in doing it by halfs by building a crappy 1k PC
If you chose the best of everything to date would cost you in excess of 5k

https://3xs.scan.co.uk/Category.asp?SystemMasterCategoryID=20

bottom of the page

Again, some of you have no clue as to what your talking about. I only spent $1500 on mine almost 2 years ago. And its a very powerful system compared an Xbox. It plays everything on full settings flawlessly. And it's a generation old system, X58 chipset. And I didnt even need to spend the $500 that spent. I could have went with a smaller display (22") and stock cooler and my system would have been around $1000. I have 660ti graphics card in mine and it is a beast. You don't need a 690 graphics card to play games. That is really meant for game designers, not gamers. Lol.

You could get one 660 now and then get another one later and run the two of them SLI if your playing more advanced games down the road.I plan to jump to Haswell when it is released.

My specs are below

CoolerMaster Haf 932
Corsair AX850
Rampage III Formula X58
CPU - Intel 1366 i7 930 3.2ghz
Phanteks air cooler
Corsair 12gb DDR3 tripple Channel
ASUS 660 Ti 2gb
2TB HDD
LiteOn DVD
ASUS 27" 2ms 1920x1080P

Also for the price of your graphics card you can just go out and buy an xbox 360 or PS3.
There are no good enough games to justify spending 1.5k on a pc.
I built one a few years ago when DDR2 was the ram needed and cost me 1.k all i ever played on it was hitman code name 47 and stalker and crysis.
And that couldn't even run crysis at full pelt.

Also whay would you want a big ugly pc tower by the side of your tv when you can have a console and play it on a 50" l.e.d tv

Hidden Jitsu a 1.5k PC last 5+ years and it'll play them in Ultra settings... a console will last maybe 2 years before it breaks and you have to replace it and let's face it, a 360/PS2 isn't full HD gaming.

Also the best PC is one you build yourself, not from a company who builds them and sells them to you over priced.

Hidden Jitsu a 1.5k PC last 5+ years and it'll play them in Ultra settings... a console will last maybe 2 years before it breaks and you have to replace it and let's face it, a 360/PS2 isn't full HD gaming.

Also the best PC is one you build yourself, not from a company who builds them and sells them to you over priced.

Exactly.

BUILD YOUR OWN. :lecture

These companies charge a premium just for putting it together and loading the software on it.

Then they slap their names on them like they just made a Console or something. :lol

<<< 42" + 360 = pure win :lecture

That's good too. I've got a big TV for my ps3 and 360 as well. Resolution is a big thing though. Games displayed at 2560 by 1440 are a sight to behold. PC gaming isn't for everyone. That's clear. It's annoying to see it so readily dismissed though. Not referring to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back