PS4 and XBOX720 specs leaked.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is all this 'consoles will last a couple of years' nonsense?
I have an original antique 2006 launch day Xbox360. No HDMI, wireless and only a 20gig harddrive :D ...but still going strong.

Sure 360 replacements are dirt cheap but I want to run this baby right into the ground. I'm going to run it until the day the 720 launches and then I'm going to retire this workhorse with a drunken ceremonial bonfire.

What is all this 'consoles will last a couple of years' nonsense?
I have an original antique 2006 launch day Xbox360. No HDMI, wireless and only a 20gig harddrive :D ...but still going strong.

Sure 360 replacements are dirt cheap but I want to run this baby right into the ground. I'm going to run it until the day the 720 launches and then I'm going to retire this workhorse with a drunken ceremonial bonfire.

:exactly: a console only last's as long as they keep making games for it.
so when the new xbox comes out then it will be useless.
Unless the nex xbox does not play 360 games.
So out last's any PC , but the thing is PC games don't have any good exclusive
games to warrant buying one.

A launch 360 that actually works? 0_0 madness, I've been through 2 or 3 myself.

Claiming that the PC has no exclusive games is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Well, in Jitsu's defense he said no "good" exclusives, but that's entirely subjective. :D

Gizmodo had this article on there this morning.

https://gizmodo.com/5977907/report-xbox-720-will-pack-an-8+core-amd-chip-12-teraflops-of-power

How does an 8-core 1.6GHz chip backed by a 768-thread-packing GPU in your Xbox sound? Apparently the Xbox 720, or whatever it ends up getting called, will boast 1.2 teraflops of processing power. Those gun-toting scumbags are never going to look so real when you blow their heads clean-off with your Barrat .50 cal.

The next-gen gaming rumours are flowing thick and fast, which probably (hopefully) means both the PS4 and Xbox 720 are just around the corner. Even though the PS4 will apparently pawn the next-gen Microsoft machine, Redmond's pulling out all the stops according to the latest leak from VGleaks.

8GB of DDR3 RAM, along with 32MB of fast-embedded SRAM, plus a Blu-ray drive, USB3.0 ports, and even HDMI 1.4a in for a bit of media magic are rumoured. Kinect's apparently getting a boost too, which isn't exactly a shock, with some multichannel echo cancellation going on, plus its own separate accessory port.

E3′s going to be pretty stellar if any of these leaks prove true. It'll be nice to get a bit more power under your telebox, especially considering that Steam Box is looking mighty tempting. Both Microsoft and Sony seem to be gearing up for yet more all-out war, but Valve, Ouya, or a plethora of cheaper options might end up stealing the show if they're not careful

complete madness ! what about starcraft 2 and diablo ?? yeaa that is insane.

Well i'am yet to play these games but these are only rts games are they not?
Mybe i'm missing somethig here but i doubt my dualcore DDR2 pc will play them.
it does have SLI cards and what not but dunno.

I'm just saying that is all.
I would rather buy a few nice statues that spend loads of money on another PC.

There's a massive amount of PC-exclusive games, more than the consoles. Which includes like every MMO available, in fact I can only think of 2 MMO's that are available on consoles.

And every game that gets a release on PC is better on PC, which most games unless they are a console exclusive are getting PC releases.

So I guess it depends on how much you like games.

I've come to a conclusion the reason people don't get a high-end PC is this: They're too lazy about it and they're severely misinformed.

:goodpost:

Dude at this point you're just trolling I could just name Blizzard and Valve and that'd be reason enough to own a PC. :cuckoo:

I like the fact that he is saying that if you are going to buy a computer why not buy the best? Well because you don't need the best. That 5k computer is priced that way because you are not building it your self. Just like Alienware. ****ty computers and way overpriced. You can basically build one same specs for almost half if you shop around.

Lol no good exclusives. Blizzard says hello. seriously are you trying to troll all of us?

So I see even after the PC gaming thread was opened we are still talking about PC gaming here. No point on checking in on this thread anymore.

I like the fact that he is saying that if you are going to buy a computer why not buy the best? Well because you don't need the best. That 5k computer is priced that way because you are not building it your self. Just like Alienware. ****ty computers and way overpriced. You can basically build one same specs for almost half if you shop around.

Lol no good exclusives. Blizzard says hello. seriously are you trying to troll all of us?

LOL! World or war craft with it's epically bad graphics?

So I see even after the PC gaming thread was opened we are still talking about PC gaming here. No point on checking in on this thread anymore.

I would say the people talking about their PC's in an Xbox and Playstation thread are the ones trolling. :lecture

LOL! World or war craft with it's epically bad graphics?

Sad WoW is all people think of when they hear Blizzard. Actually as I do enjoy WoW I was talking more along the lines of Warcraft 1-3, SC2, Diablo. So graphics make a game huh? WoW is the best mmo ever. It is close to being 9 years old so yes the graphics aren't going to be great. Good try at bashing Blizzard.

I would say the people talking about their PC's in an Xbox and Playstation thread are the ones trolling. :lecture
Considering I'm not the one who started the PC talk...I'm merely just responding to someone that has no idea what they are talking about

A launch 360 that actually works? 0_0 madness, I've been through 2 or 3 myself.

Yeah I'm pretty proud to be one of the last man standing :D

I feel Microsoft should buy it back from me and put it on display at HQ to forever prove that at least one of their launch machines survived the whole lifecycle :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back