PS3 won't read discs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perhaps this will help.

$T2eC16FHJFwFFZ53nZ9BBR-,RBSc-w~~60_35.JPG

If that was the case wouldnt you just be able to do a format/restore first?

sent from a tormented past

Mine had bad sectors on the HD so whenever i try system restoring it freezes on 80%.... Im surprised it even plays my installed/downloaded games on my HDD without having a problem .. what triggers the freeze on mine is when i put a disk and starts to access the HDD while booting up a disk

This started happening to me recently. Did the file system restore and usually after that it will work. But switched off my PS3 for a few days and try to play it again, same thing will happen.

I wonder if I should just get a super slim.

Also, before that I put it in the upright position using a PS3 stand with fan. But I started having problems & could only get it to work when I lay it flat.

If you're bluray or disc stopped reading, most likely its just your bluray drive that's out. maybe even just the laser.

Mine went out when I was playing Mass Effect 3, went kaput in the middle of the mission. Did lots of research on Youtube and its an EASY FIX.
Its pretty easy to replace.
Didnt want to take chances ordering just the laser and finding out the whole drive is out so I bought the whole drive.
I believe it was $40-60, I think. It wasnt expensive.

There's tons of videos on youtube how to replace it, so I did it myself and that was it...I'm still on my 1st gen fat ps3. :rock

Back