latest PS3 Firmware 2.70

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna wait it out for a bit, hopefully they acknowledge there is a prob and a new firmware comes out SOON and fixes it, if not, I dont know what I will do. Im not getting $150 bucks extorted from me for something they broke.

They will have a new update but if you have a fried BR player aint nothing gonna fix that.

I can't see a firmware update frying a BD player btw, and I don't believe random people who keep saying systems keep breaking down when a firmware update is released as everyone says that without any prove! If you say and post it enough times people will start to take it as truth without any proof whatsoever.

never had any problems here with updates and my ps3. I also find it a bit silly if a system like the ps3 can handle these complex games and bluray but can't even handle a simple firmware update...

I can't see a firmware update frying a BD player btw, and I don't believe random people who keep saying systems keep breaking down when a firmware update is released as everyone says that without any prove! If you say and post it enough times people will start to take it as truth without any proof whatsoever.

There's no problem with a system. You do a firmware update. Very shortly thereafter there's a problem with the system. If it happens once or twice, it's a coincidence. If a bunch of people report the same thing, it's proof. :monkey3

Thought it was just me with problems since the update...Its a joke - my entire music album wont play anymore coz now all of a sudden the 'data type is not supported':banghead:mad: It also freezes when on the internet. Its a pain in the arse. Aint it funny they release these updates only to get another fixing the ^^^^ ups...:duh

If you flash the BIOS on a couple million computers once every month or 2, you can bet some of those PC's are going to get screwed up, same as the PS3. Now if you are forcing those people to update the BIOS on their PC, and have no way to undo it once it is in place if there IS problems with it, whos to blame.

Their firmware updates should have a way to revert back to the old version if something isnt right, which they dont have. Im sure some people are flaming the Sony forum just to be an idiot (kinda like some guys in this forum), but my proof is sitting right in front of my TV.

umm...the proof lies in the hundreds or possible thousands of peeps with PS3s that are now only able to be used as a paperweight. sure there's no way to say it'll happen all the time, but i always read somwhere that there are people reporting problems as a result of a firmware update....coincidence???

Thought it was just me with problems since the update...Its a joke - my entire music album wont play anymore coz now all of a sudden the 'data type is not supported':banghead:mad: It also freezes when on the internet. Its a pain in the arse. Aint it funny they release these updates only to get another fixing the ^^^^ ups...:duh

There are lots of people reporting the same probs as you also, music collections having unsupported data errors, and collections of videos not working anymore.

This is a real drag, my buddy now has millions of dollars to buy upgrades to his TW/08 character to whoop my ass with now that I cant play. :lol

What the hell is the point of a modern console that can't go on the internet? Bottom line: updates are required and Sony seems to consistently drop the ball with these updates.

I do not like how they force you to download an update before you can browse PSN...that's not cool....I could care less about half the options they include with these mandatory updates...

Worst part dude, is we are Canadian,its 199$...

To reinstall the the OS go to the settings one other otion is reinstall, it takes a long ass time, and you will have to DL again anything you purchased from the PS store and if your a RB fan, you lose everything you have done. Be sure to save alll your other game info on a USB stick

and thinking of the old bait and switch, no dice, the serial number is on the bill now..

Back