Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First post here and first Sideshow piece for me. Was watching this thread for months but was not sure what to expect (not quite fond of the fused legs and the 1/5 scale) but this statue exceeded my expectations! Bigger than expected, detailed, imposing and with presence. As others have said here, if you're pondering on buying it, you will not be disappointed.

I hope Sideshow will consider doing the fossilized "space jockey" chair from Alien or even the "modern" version seen in Prometheus.

Today, a friend who works import European told me that it is not even on the list of arrivals for early December ... too long, but they're up to? :slap

First post here and first Sideshow piece for me. Was watching this thread for months but was not sure what to expect (not quite fond of the fused legs and the 1/5 scale) but this statue exceeded my expectations! Bigger than expected, detailed, imposing and with presence. As others have said here, if you're pondering on buying it, you will not be disappointed.

I hope Sideshow will consider doing the fossilized "space jockey" chair from Alien or even the "modern" version seen in Prometheus.

Welcome to the forum, that is pretty mush the general conscientious around here. But over all he's excellent imo, I'm not sure anybody that actually has him has been anything less than happy yet, says a lot.

Welcome to the forum, that is pretty mush the general conscientious around here. But over all he's excellent imo, I'm not sure anybody that actually has him has been anything less than happy yet, says a lot.

That does say a lot and I hope SS is listening too. This piece was a sell out and most (if not all) are happy with what they've recieved so far. Could this mean that SS will make other versions of the Engineer? I for one hope this to be true! I need a great looking Engineer in my Alien collection. IMHO this one wasn't the one for me.

Note to SideShow: Please make the next Engineer 1/4 scale!!! :pray:

Thing is, a 1/4 Engineer would be around 24" high. Can't fit it in my besta....
This one, at 1/5, is still taller than the average PF. Has presence, and fit in an average display, so I'm more than happy.

Thing is, a 1/4 Engineer would be around 24" high. Can't fit it in my besta....
This one, at 1/5, is still taller than the average PF. Has presence, and fit in an average display, so I'm more than happy.

Nice to hear that the smaller scale actually worked out in your favor. As for me, I would just like an Engineer that matches my other 1/4 Alien statues. Nothing against smaller scale though. I have a few Alien pieces that are 1/5 and smaller i.e.: Sano Alien and a few customs. So I'm not in any way trying to sound like an elitist or anything. Just stating what I would prefer is all. :wink1:

Speaking of scale and displays, I am looking for a lighted display case for the Engineer.
Sideshow has one from Legend Studios:
Lighted Display Case | Sideshow Collectibles

But the total height of this case (not interior height) is 23" and the Engineer is 22" so he doesn't fit (just barely-unless someone has tried it).
Are there any other options or would a completely custom case be required?

My Engineer in da house!!

10548133_911215725574136_2536659373513807644_o.jpg

No idea what was said but I presume you like this? Mine still has pride of place on my computer desk. Really should get some better pictures of him.

This just showed up at my studio this afternoon. I ripped it from the box, dropped it on the table, and grabbed one shot with the lighting I had already set up. The lights were a little cool (the subject of the shoot is jet black), but you can still see the fantastic detail on this piece.

15847106521_acfd765fb2_k.jpg

Last edited:
It is a shame they can't put this kind of effort into the other pieces too.

Yeah, this piece reminds of the Christopher Reeve Superman PF in that it must have been a massive underperformer for Sideshow, sales wise. So it, too, got a very low edition on both it's EX & regular. I just hope us CRS PF buyers are rewarded with this same level of sky high quality. :pray:

This Engineer Maquette is a real stunning piece. Hopefully the wonderful reception this has received after it's release will mean that we may still have a chance of some more Engineer products somewhere down the road.

Agreed. This is by far my favorite piece of the year, too bad they couldn't repeat the same success with the Alien LSB series.

Back