Prometheus Engineer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this piece reminds of the Christopher Reeve Superman PF in that it must have been a massive underperformer for Sideshow, sales wise. So it, too, got a very low edition on both it's EX & regular. I just hope us CRS PF buyers are rewarded with this same level of sky high quality. :pray:

This Engineer Maquette is a real stunning piece. Hopefully the wonderful reception this has received after it's release will mean that we may still have a chance of some more Engineer products somewhere down the road.
SS killed the CR PF themselves. Worst fumble of a PF before it is even released ever. No amount of good quality and finishing is going to save that one unfortunately. I was really looking forward to getting it too. I never intended to get the Engineer due to scale and legs, but the quality almost makes up for it.

This is the "what could of been" statue of the year

It could undoubtedly have been better, nobody will argue that I'm sure. But it is excellent none the less. I've had mine for months now and I'm still finding new details, it is covered in symbols and texture. It has great presence and an excellent paint job, what's not to like.

NBVy8iY.jpg

It could undoubtedly have been better, nobody will argue that I'm sure. But it is excellent none the less. I've had mine for months now and I'm still finding new details, it is covered in symbols and texture. It has great presence and an excellent paint job, what's not to like.

NBVy8iY.jpg

Simply amazing, Matt. :clap

The level of detail on it is hugely impressive.

I got this a few months ago when I was informed that my Exclusive wait list reservation was being cancelled because they had none left, and I was offered $360 and free shipping for the regular which I immediately took.

So glad I ordered this as the paint job has lots of depth. As others have said, love the sturdyness and color of the styrofoam packing. I hope SS continues to use that in the future.

I do wish it was 1/4 scale though. It's certainly big, but when I look over at my Sauron PF I imagine just how big it could have been, and it's a little depressing.

Regardless, it's a great statue. Legs don't bother me at all.

Yeah, the packaging was nice on this, I agree also it would have been cool if they just made it a few inches taller to be 1/4, but it is what it is and in reality the size is good enough. Ian Whyte is a huge guy, a 1/5 version of hims is pretty much a 1/4 normal person anyway. The legs still bother me personally, I'm trying to figure out how to thin out some of the blobs where they join but it won't be easy. And other aspects more than make up for it. He's just excellent all around really.

Thanks Morgal Matt. He isn't the easiest thing to photograph, I'm going to attempt some more soon as he's a great subject regardless... any excuse to show him off ;)

I want this one now lol

AxaZS0O.jpg

Lego ones? I think it's a custom. I fancy giving it a go but I don't think my big man hands could work with that small scale.

Still loving this guy, tried a few night shots to try and capture his creepy/mysterious nature, I think I need to invest in some proper lighting..

Also need to clear that blob of paint above his eye, it's tiny in reality so haven't bothered yet.
qZyh1oS.jpg

uEUYfiw.jpg

WqUNxDK.jpg

s4NmUtq.jpg

8ntMtWz.jpg

M13IYi3.jpg

zFXt8pr.jpg

kiYtOVK.jpg

Still loving this guy, tried a few night shots to try and capture his creepy/mysterious nature, I think I need to invest in some proper lighting..

Also need to clear that blob of paint above his eye, it's tiny in reality so haven't bothered yet.
s4NmUtq.jpg

Great new pics, mate. I never tire of studying the detail all over his torso & arms. I mean, the detail is also fantastic on his legs but looking at his legs it's hard to escape the one flaw in an otherwise flawless piece.

It's going to be interesting to see what an Ex of this statue actually sells for over on ebay. If anybody on this site ever finds out will they please post their findings on this thread 'cause I'm quite curious to know.

You really like this statue. Is this your second or third photo shoot? :lol

Yeah he's excellent... more to come I'm sure ;)

Great new pics, mate. I never tire of studying the detail all over his torso & arms. I mean, the detail is also fantastic on his legs but looking at his legs it's hard to escape the one flaw in an otherwise flawless piece.

It's going to be interesting to see what an Ex of this statue actually sells for over on ebay. If anybody on this site ever finds out will they please post their findings on this thread 'cause I'm quite curious to know.

Definitely. it's hard to ignore those blobs where his legs meet, it is more annoying because the rest of him is so damn nice! He is still my statue of the year even with the poor leg design, if that had been better though out, he would have been unbelievable. Still, it doesn't ruin him over all imo, the positives far outweigh this one big negative.

The EX is nice on this, and the ES is tiny, I suspect it will go for more than the reg... If you can find somebody willing to sell it ;)

I just moved this statue to a higher area (temporary placement), next to my other two purchases in the past month (Captain Rex LSB, Sauron PF), and I've got to say, though he's smaller than both, he completely destroys them in presence.

He just looks so glorious up there with his incredibly detailed sculpt, excellently applied paint, and godly pose.

He looks so real that I feel like he's going to start moving.

I moved mine up today also weirdly, even next to two large and impressive Aliens he more than holds his own, get some pictures of yours up XB, can't have enough clicks of this guy ;)

7klaO1y.jpg

YPHATAZ.jpg

Tm2XpkP.jpg

mGqTxGD.jpg

Though displaying him between the alien LSB's is a great idea, I think he looks way too good for them. :lol

I might try to take some pics later. I suck at photography and my phone's camera isn't the greatest.

Back