Prison Cell Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha, thanks guys.

I have part of the back bit made, it's awaiting painting, once I've painted it, I'll put up another photo.

I need to go to hobbycraft tomorrow to pick up something before I can properly complete it.

But yes, worry not anxious folks, I should hopefully have it finished by next week, if not tomorrow.

O hand I forgot to say.

If you thought the hands were good, the new hair will blow you away.

Ok guys, here's the main part of the backpiece of the diorama, just got to add one more piece to it which I'm getting the stuff for tomorrow and it will be done :D

teaser2.jpg

The head is completely done (for right now at least)

I will post pictures of it once I get back from hobbycraft.

OK guys, here is the resculpted Joker head I will be using on the Joker in this diorama.

1001605u.jpg

1001604.jpg

1001602c.jpg

1001601.jpg

1001599y.jpg

1001598a.jpg

1001597.jpg

Pictures really don't do this thing justice, in hand the hair look bloody AMAZING.

It looks so realistic, and so much better than the standard hair you get from any cast head.

Now to convince Josh and SmallStudios he wants to repaint it :monkey2
:lol

Hair color is wrong, and I suggest (just a suggestion), that you get your eyes repainted on it to look a different direction

......It's not even painted.

That's green stuff, what it is sculpted out.

Also, the eyes are the right Direction, his head is slightly tipped forward in the photo, so they should be pointing upwards.

OK guys, this base is now completely DONE!

All I need to do it repaint the head and it's going to be completely done finally totally forever and ever and ever....

I will be looking to see multiple people who do repaints examples of Joker repaints, then deciding on someone to go with.

But I can assure whoever gets the fun task of repainting this; you've never painted hair like this =]

But anyway, We should get on to the photos.

Have a look at them, and let me know what you think of the base, good, bad? Like it? Dislike it? Suggestions? etc.

1001621.jpg

84463521.jpg

1001620.jpg

1001619z.jpg

1001623.jpg

1001609z.jpg

1001615.jpg

1001613f.jpg

Here's some better photos of the hands, I'm sure someone had requested them:

1001617.jpg

1001616.jpg

Now; due to the hand made nature of this diorama, and the materials available to be used it is never going to look absolutely perfect.
There are a few wires on the grill in front of the prison bars that are a wee bit wonky or bent, but that could be explained away by prisoners being thrown into the grille ;].
it could never have been EXACTLY screen accurate, but I feel it is damned near to being screen accurate with the minimum of artistic license.
These things are only apparent when you really REALLY study the diorama in extreme detail, when viewed as a whole it looks (to my eyes at least) very nice indeed.

But yes, that's it there, the prison cell diorama.

As always, if you want to get more information etc. Feel free to send me a PM.

Holy s***, this is one of the coolest dio I've seen lately (with the other DK scene were Bats beat the Joker in the alley). One simple issue, your Joker's haircut, a little too short.

That dio is perfect, Mollins!! Very gritty and used makes it feel realistic. Love the new sculpt on J's hair as well.

Back