Prince of Persia & Splinter Cell HD Collections Planned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ubisoft may be planning to rerelease two of its biggest franchises on PlayStation 3:

https://www.1up.com/news/prince-persia-splinter-cell-collections-leaked

From the God of War Collection to the recently-confirmed Shadow of the Colossus/Ico bundle, all sorts of high-definition remakes have been hitting the PlayStation 3 as of late. That's fine and dandy if you're only interested in revisiting Sony-developed games, but what about all those last-gen classics from third parties? Here's a start: U.K. retailer Zavvi seems to have inadvertently announced a pair of HD compilations from Ubisoft.

PlayStation 3 listings for a Splinter Cell Trilogy and Prince of Persia Trilogy turned up on Zavvi's website, Eurogamer reports. According to the retailer, the Splinter Cell remakes are slated for November 26 of this year, while the Prince of Persia pack is planned for a March 11, 2011 release. Both games carry a £29.99 price tag (roughly $47).

Eurogamer notes that these leaks mirror an earlier slip by Amazon's French site just last month, so it's beginning to look more and more likely that these remakes are legit. Nothing's official until Ubisoft says so, obviously, but we'll let you know as soon as we hear the word.

I'm totally game for a PoP collection, bring it on.:clap

What they (Sony, Ubisoft, etc etc) should do is make limited edition versions of these collections. I already have most of these games from the previous releases. Give me a bigger incentive to buy them again than 1080p support and slightly retouched graphics.

What they (Sony, Ubisoft, etc etc) should do is make limited edition versions of these collections. I already have most of these games from the previous releases. Give me a bigger incentive to buy them again than 1080p support and slightly retouched graphics.

1080p, heck 720 p is enough for me...retextured graphics running at a solid 60 fps, with trophy support...that's totally worth it to me for some of our favorite games last gen.

I was kinda waiting for Splinter Cell,i hope the same happens with the first 3 Metal Gear Solid games.

ps3_hd.jpg

Looks like she's in 3D as well.

Looks like Sony found something that works. Why make quality games when you can just rerelease PS2 games in HD!??!

Jackpot baby! Bluray player + PS2 HD game machine! We do everything!

Looks like Sony found something that works. Why make quality games when you can just rerelease PS2 games in HD!??!

Jackpot baby! Bluray player + PS2 HD game machine! We do everything!

Well you can't blame a company for wanting to make money. They get their money and gamers get great game compilations made even better.

Microsoft released a hand full of Xbox originals for $15 to $20 a pop on xbl without doing anything to them.

Sony's offering of 2 or 3 games in one package on one disc for around $40. Add in HD graphics, trophy support, 3D capabilities, and better frame rate...Sony is offering us the better deal here.

Well you can't blame a company for wanting to make money. They get their money and gamers get great game compilations made even better.

Microsoft released a hand full of Xbox originals for $15 to $20 a pop on xbl without doing anything to them.

Sony's offering of 2 or 3 games in one package on one disc for around $40. Add in HD graphics, trophy support, 3D capabilities, and better frame rate...Sony is offering us the better deal here.

Well, true that. I guess you are right.

I've owned a PS3 for over a year now though and the only game I've bought was Little Big Planet which sucked IMO. (I just couldn't get over the automatic plane change feature)

I am DYING for Sony to really get an amazing game exclusive for the PS3. I just don't think it will come any time soon since they are most likely banking on the pointless Move system instead of the hardcore gamer.

We'll see.

Well, true that. I guess you are right.

I've owned a PS3 for over a year now though and the only game I've bought was Little Big Planet which sucked IMO. (I just couldn't get over the automatic plane change feature)

I am DYING for Sony to really get an amazing game exclusive for the PS3. I just don't think it will come any time soon since they are most likely banking on the pointless Move system instead of the hardcore gamer.

We'll see.

Uncharted 1 and 2 are like the flagship exclusive games for the PS3. Killzone 2, Ratchet & Clank, God of War 3, Heavy Rain...

None of these you liked?

IMO the PS3 has actually had better exclusives than the 360. At the very least more variety with their exclusives. I actually think that all three major systems have had decent exclusives this generation. However, this fall season seems pretty sparse for all systems in this regard except for Halo Reach.

Back